Doctor Who

Started by FSBlueApocalypse, June 20, 2011, 04:19:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Also of interest, in a leaked set pic from the season finale

[spoiler]Rory is in full cleric gear and sporting the eyepatch seen on Kovarian, River, and the Viking[/spoiler]

Good episode last night, though I'm still waiting for a definitive episode with the Cybermen in it.

The ending obviously puts everything into place for the series finale, should be interesting.

Yes, but now I'm really bummed that River shot the Stetson. It was a gift from Craig, man!

October 01, 2011, 11:25:07 PM #153 Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 07:53:17 AM by MrBogosity
Quote from: MrBogosity on September 25, 2011, 10:41:01 AM
Yes, but now I'm really bummed that River shot the Stetson. It was a gift from Craig, man!

I don't know about you, but I think the cowboy hat really worked. Then again, maybe that's the Texan in me talking.  :-P

[spoiler=Series 6 finale]So now we know... I think... It was the android with the little people inside, right? Then how did it mimick the regeneration? Or was that just a previous version of the timeline that was overwritten by the new events that occurred in the last episode, if they were new? Wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey?

One thing, though, my cable fritzed right when the Doctor 'told River his name' and skipped to the next commercial break. Did I miss anything that wasn't covered by the last bit of the episode?[/spoiler]

That's the part that doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but I'll give Moffat a pass for not taking the easy bait and putting in a Ganger.

Overall, I thought the episode was really good as was the season on the whole. Not quite on par with Series 5, but a very strong season none the less.

Also, the ending with Dorium unloaded a-whole-nother bucket of questions, even with several questions still unanswered. Hopefully this "Fall of the Eleventh" doesn't mean Matt will be leaving next year.

Quote from: Virgil0211 on October 01, 2011, 11:25:07 PM
I don't know about you, but I think the cowboy hat really worked. Then again, maybe that's the Texan in me talking.  :-P

I think Matt Smith is the only man in the universe who could pull off a Stetson with a bow tie!

[spoiler=Series 6 finale]
QuoteSo now we know... I think... It was the android with the little people inside, right? Then how did it mimick the regeneration?

I guess it's REALLY good at shape-shifting!

QuoteOne thing, though, my cable fritzed right when the Doctor 'told River his name' and skipped to the next commercial break. Did I miss anything that wasn't covered by the last bit of the episode?

No, it was all explained.[/spoiler]

Quote from: FSBlueApocalypse on October 02, 2011, 12:03:03 AMAlso, the ending with Dorium unloaded a-whole-nother bucket of questions, even with several questions still unanswered. Hopefully this "Fall of the Eleventh" doesn't mean Matt will be leaving next year.

Well, we all know Matt Smith will be leaving SOMETIME, so maybe he's just planting the seeds for that eventuality.

Quote from: MrBogosity on October 02, 2011, 07:56:25 AM
[spoiler=Series 6 finale]
QuoteSo now we know... I think... It was the android with the little people inside, right? Then how did it mimick the regeneration?
I guess it's REALLY good at shape-shifting!
[/spoiler]

From Moffat's tweet this morning:

[spoiler=Series 6 finale]Well EXACTLY. The Mill can do that in 2011. You think the Teselecta can't???[/spoiler]

October 11, 2011, 08:09:53 PM #157 Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 08:13:11 PM by FSBlueApocalypse
So, my first idea for Series 7

Series opening two parter see The Doctor and new companion discover that the Silents are working on behalf of Omega, paving the way for him to take over the universe. The Omega/Silent team are on the verge of achieving their goal.

The Doctor has discovered a way to return the Time Lords but has not done so for fear of what they have become. Faced with a potential Omega controlled universe, The Doctor chooses the "devil he knows"and brings forth Gallifrey from out of the Time Lock. In order to release Gallifrey, he has to reveal his true name.

The Time Lords return, but are now lead by The Master. The Doctor and companion flee from the Master controlled Gallifrey, once again a fugitive from his people. The Master begins plotting the creation of a Time Lord empire.

I like the idea of bringing Omega back, although he's not really a megalomaniac sort (after all, his two appearances to date have been about him plotting to get HOME and there being unfortunate consequences).

Now, add in some of those unused ideas about The Doctor from the last season of the original run, and bringing back the Tome Lords (still ruled by the apparently resurrected Rassilon) and you've got some INTERESTING possibilities.

Speaking of which, anyone here that has listened to the Audio Plays with the eight Doctor?
Specificaly the one called Shada, authored by Douglas Adams that was never finished because of a writers strike and then got remade into a, well, Audio Play?

I saw the webimation version of Shada, thought it was very well done. Haven't listened to any of the others.

I had gotten the impression it was production staff or something that went on strike that killed Shada mid-production.

Correct; a writer's strike wouldn't have done it since the episode was already written.

Well... maybe they were the paycheck writers that went on strike.

According to A Brief History of Time (Travel): 
QuoteThis was the latest in a virtually annual series of industrial disputes which had already plagued the recording of The Invasion Of Time and The Armageddon Factor in recent years. In this instance, Roberts had booked two lighting crews for the ambitious nighttime chase sequence which formed the climax of episode two; this was due to be recorded on the 18th. Roberts' plan was to tape a scene with one team while the other went ahead to set up the next location. However, the unions recognised Doctor Who as an important target, and on the 16th they summoned the lighting chargehand back to London. As a result, Roberts had to abandon a shot of the Doctor travelling to the Cavendish Laboratory (where Chris was meant to have his lab), which had also been planned for this day.

QuoteMore model and effects work was conducted at Ealing on November 15th and 16th. This should have been followed by a two-day studio block on the 19th and 20th in TC6. By now, however, the labour dispute had escalated. Although rehearsals went ahead as scheduled on the morning of November 19th, cast and crew returned to the studio after lunch to find the doors locked: the industrial action had forced the postponement of all recording at Television Centre.

The fate of Shada was now unclear. Three further studio days were planned for December 1st to 3rd in TC3, but as the strike dragged on, Roberts' team was faced with a new problem. Many of the productions which had been delayed by the strike were Christmas programmes, viewed by the BBC as critical to their broadcast schedule. Consequently, it was unlikely that Shada would retain its original recording dates, even if the strike were settled in time. Roberts proceeded with rehearsals, but on November 30th, Williams met with McDonald to discuss the situation. Williams was forced to reluctantly concede that his Doctor Who swansong would never be completed, and ordered the cast and crew of Shada to stand down. As it happened, the BBC reached an agreement with the unions the very next day.

http://www.shannonsullivan.com/drwho/serials/5m.html