Doctor Who

Started by FSBlueApocalypse, June 20, 2011, 04:19:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Okay, are you guys watching new episodes on the BBC, or is there some way to watch them online?

I thought at one time that it might be kinda cool to see a Star Trek/Doctor Who crossover where the Borg managed to assimilate Dalek technology, then used the power of that tech to more or less gorge themselves on all the strange and unusual tech in that universe. It'd be one step up from the season 5 finale, which was an alliance between all of those forces, with a total integration of those forces. Then again, I still have a bit of a soft spot for the Borg. Those were the boogeymen I grew up with. :-P

BBC America is showing them, and they're available on iTunes as well. Although there are no new episodes until September.

Quote from: MrBogosity on June 30, 2011, 04:14:10 PM
BBC America is showing them, and they're available on iTunes as well. Although there are no new episodes until September.

On the one hand, I love Doctor Who. On the other hand, iTunes and I share a mutual hatred of each other.

Choices...

Not sure if this is against the rules or not, but this site is another handy place to get all the uncut episodes online

http://drwhostreaming.blogspot.com/

Nothing on it stands out as being illicit. Looks legit to me.

Also, get the feeling the "Good Man" River kills is going to be Rory. Several times this season there have been times when you think a character is speaking to/about The Doctor and it is actually Rory.

I've been thinking the same thing. I also think Rory and not The Doctor is the good man who goes to war.

Thoughts/guesses for the 2nd half of the season?

Seems the Cybermen will factor in heavily in the 2nd half of the season. I'm sure they're not too thrilled about what happened at the start of A Good Man Goes To War. Also, the way Moffat was talking their redesign should've been more than taking off the Cybus logo. Perhaps we'll finally see a meeting of the Original series Cybermen and the "Pete's World" versions.

Still want to figure out just how The Silence and the Church/Headless Monks are linked.

Damn, BBC confirmed that we'll only be getting a half season in 2012. Hopefully this is just a compromise so we'll have a "Super" season to celebrate the 50th anniversary in 2013.

Oh, well. I can fantasize about my dream match-up of The Doctor VS The Borg. =P

Lol. I know I've brought it up more than once, but I guess I just feel like that'd be an awesome show to watch, even if it was in some alternate universe and not in the canon one. I guess that's what happens when you take a kid who grew up on Star Trek and expose him to Doctor Who.

Quote from: FSBlueApocalypse on July 04, 2011, 11:55:46 AM
Damn, BBC confirmed that we'll only be getting a half season in 2012. Hopefully this is just a compromise so we'll have a "Super" season to celebrate the 50th anniversary in 2013.

Steven Moffat just confirmed a full season in 2012 at Comic Con Paris. He also said that 2013 will be the best year to be a Doctor Who fan.

July 04, 2011, 03:54:52 PM #26 Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 04:16:04 PM by FSBlueApocalypse
http://blastr.com/2011/06/doctor-who-wont-be-back-a.php

http://www.kasterborous.com/2011/07/moffs-paris-comic-con-roundup/

Putting two and two together, get 7 episodes in 2012, and then in 2013 remainder of Season 7 and Season 8. Sounds good to me. Wonder where that will put Matt. Contract was for 3 years with options up to 5 years. 4 full seasons would make him the longest tenured Doctor of NuWho, would be an awesome way to end the 50th anniversary season with his regeneration at the end of the Christmas episode.

Also, any particular Multi-doctor stories you want to see?

1. Have a 2-3 episode arch with Paul McGann covering the Time War (also work in his regeneration into the 9th Doctor)

2. A young 1st doctor encounters the 11th

3. Would love to see a 4th/11th mash up as well. Explain Baker's aging by having his Time Lord essence trapped in a fob watch and 4th aging as a normal human being in the process.

Quote from: FSBlueApocalypse on July 04, 2011, 03:54:52 PM
2. A young 1st doctor encounters the 11th

I'd love to see this, just to see who they end up casting as the 1st doctor. Also, do time lords age like normal humans do until their first regeneration? I mean, if it weren't for those flashbacks of the master as a child, I would've assumed time lords employed an entirely different mechanism for reproduction and maturation. In addition, the doctor's new forms seemed to be getting progressively younger (at least somewhat). At least, that's what it seemed like to me. At the very least, it'd be a good opportunity for them to expound on the mechanics of aging and regeneration for time lords.

Quote from: FSBlueApocalypse on July 04, 2011, 03:54:52 PM
3. Would love to see a 4th/11th mash up as well. Explain Baker's aging by having his Time Lord essence trapped in a fob watch and 4th aging as a normal human being in the process.

Best. Idea. Ever.

Torchwood: Miracle Day debuts this Friday on Starz. Excited to see Captain Jack and company again. Too bad John Barrowman was busy filming this while Doctor Who was also filming.

If the British government keeps making cuts to the BBC, I wonder if Doctor Who is going to have a similar "American" reboot. Didn't BBC America pay for the first two episodes, or at least paid for the filming done in America?

Quote from: FSBlueApocalypse on July 06, 2011, 01:21:44 PM
If the British government keeps making cuts to the BBC, I wonder if Doctor Who is going to have a similar "American" reboot. Didn't BBC America pay for the first two episodes, or at least paid for the filming done in America?

Don't give them any ideas. We might end up with another crappy TV movie.