my February trashing thread

Started by Ibrahim90, February 01, 2015, 06:20:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Travis Retriever on February 11, 2015, 04:10:15 PM
I only have four issues with February:

1) It's the month with Valentine's Day, with lots of people who either
a) Won't STFU about it.  B) People who project their own problems with it onto me.
Seriously, if you have a mate/lover/etc, why do you need a specific day for it? Why not designate your own special day for extra love/affection/etc?  The whole concept of a day for lovers all over never made sense to me.  :shrug:

2) It's my birthday month (the 20th).  Weee, another year, another 365.26 days of nothing gained or ventured, and another way to feel behind the rest of everyone else. FML.

3) Related to 2, my birthday is also Social Justice Day, which I feel was made for the express purpose of annoying me. *eyetwitch*

4)  Too.  Fucking.  Cold. T_T  Damnit, I'm getting too lean for this crap. XD

how's your weight loss quest going btw?

yeah, I have social justice day earmarked as well. lots of holidays and special days to target.
"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox

On the first point Travis made, the same could be said about Christmas: If you love your SkyDaddy so much, why is it on a certain day? If you're one of those people that uses it to help out family/friends and/or get those people things you know they want, why can't it be on random day, when you can afford the extra expense?

Quote from: dallen68 on February 11, 2015, 06:50:41 PM
On the first point Travis made, the same could be said about Christmas: If you love your SkyDaddy so much, why is it on a certain day? If you're one of those people that uses it to help out family/friends and/or get those people things you know they want, why can't it be on random day, when you can afford the extra expense?

Much more telling: If someone uses Christmas as a day to help people who need it, why not help them whenever they truly need it, rather than on an arbitrary date?

Quote from: evensgrey on February 11, 2015, 10:27:14 PM
Much more telling: If someone uses Christmas as a day to help people who need it, why not help them whenever they truly need it, rather than on an arbitrary date?

Exactly my point  ;D

Or as Tom Lehrer himself said, "On Christmas day, you can't get sore / Your fellow man you must adore / There's time to rob him all the more / The other 364."

February 12, 2015, 12:41:57 PM #20 Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 12:48:01 PM by Travis Retriever
Quote from: Ibrahim90 on February 11, 2015, 04:37:57 PM
how's your weight loss quest going btw?

yeah, I have social justice day earmarked as well. lots of holidays and special days to target.
I seem to have hit a plateau/snag. D: I started this month around 218 lbs. now after taking a diet break (and epic carb refeed), I am around 224 lbs.  Hopefully water and glycogen *crosses fingers*  Needless to say, I won't be doing a keto diet again any time soon.  It was a fun experiment, but getting keto adapted and the huge PITA of tracking my macros in addition to having to "eat clean" all at once is way too frustrating. >.<*  I found I was doing my best, weight loss wise when I was eating a high volume of semi-palatable, nutrient dense food, and maybe counting Calories until I got an idea of portion sizes.  So I think I'll probably go back to that. 

I'm also planning on reducing the number of weight training exercises I'm doing to compensate for an increase in the volume (reps x sets) of the ones I'm still doing.  The reason? I find the high intensity weight training tends to give me a hell of a stress response.  As in, I get anxious, depressed, start thinking aggressive thoughts against people who I feel wronged me in the past, etc.  Like I had a very stressful day only in the course of an hour.  I guess I don't respond that well to stress? *shrugs* Either way, maybe I'll stick to some basic movement types:  Squats, (Romanian) Deadlifts, Chin-ups (using my legs to assist until I get strong/light enough natch. XD), Bench Press, and Triceps Extensions.

What's more, I found I made amazing progress when i was on a split routine.  Now, on a full body routine, that has come to a halt.  I think I'll go back to a split routine.  I want to progress again.
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

February 14, 2015, 03:14:54 AM #21 Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 03:18:28 AM by Ibrahim90
OK, just posted my Valentine's day special. had to modify it (and get it past the censor (mom--we agreed on this in advance, since some people have weak hearts: no one wants to go to jail for manslaughter), but luckily, all the songs save smut are in (as you can tell, quite easygoing). changed the script around, to improve delivery (hopefully). Hopefully Shane'll be able to see the unfolding carnage....

QuoteAh yes, today is Valentine's day: a day normally celebrated with flowers, chocolates, and over-sized teddy bears, and the serenading of "true love". But I always felt there was something missing to the whole affair, and after some thought, I realized what we really need, is a series of songs dedicated to all stages of love.
now, bear in mind, I'm too much of a minger (look it up) myself to ever experience any of this, but I feel nonetheless, that this is an accurate description.
Now should this unlikely and perhaps impossible scenario take place (which I suspect involves some ability to read minds no one told me about), it would start something like this:
[yt]0kMY61W9tfc[/yt]
Of course, the setting is often in high-school, or more often these days, college. It's amazing to think that, when most people were getting laid, or partying their asses off, I was sitting in my dorm-room actually studying. Must be this utter lack of common sense, and utter stupidity, keeping me from "seeing people":
[yt]dl3mRjydcPw[/yt]
Naturally, this comes with risks, but they're pretty minor:
[yt]7jKiunSRzAI[/yt]
Just be careful who you date:
[yt]A9BMcA8-4zo[/yt]
And if often doesn't end well--in fact, it can end very badly:
[yt]1b3coO_6MwY[/yt]
But if it does start to work out, they'll start engaging in may fun activities:
[yt]yhuMLpdnOjY[/yt]
Eventually, one of the two--usually the man--will declare his undying love for his woman (or other man), and asks her hand:
[yt]8NOZH0y7VxE[/yt]
So that when the day comes, they will consume each other in the fires of passion!
[yt]TytGOeiW0aE[/yt]
And settle into a long, happy, and blissful marriage (or relationship):
[yt]C4p2iZTIDog[/yt]
With the woman proving to be a dutiful and loving spouse, and a rock to her man:
[yt]hH4J8CIBc7Q[/yt]
and so they live happily ever after:
[yt]I9C2v1oLXQo[/yt]
Overall, you just have to love all the time and effort people put into this, only to see it go up in flames (or if you're me, to go up in flames before anything happens, and maybe a complimentary back-stab ).
hope you all have a HAPPY Valentine's day....
"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox

By the way, regarding When You Are Old And Grey, the complaint people had (as opposed to all of the other things they COULD have complained about) is how one-sided it is. So Lehrer wrote the following verse for the woman to sing back to the man, right after he sings, "And lose the ability":

While enjoying our compatibility
I am cognizant of its fragility
And I question the advisability
Of relying on its durability

You're aware of my inflexibility
And my quintessential volatility
And the total inconceivability
Of my showing genuine humility

Though your undeniable nubility
May excuse a certain puerility
Your alleged indispensability
Underestimates my versatility

And your boyish irresponsibility
And what now is charming juvenility
Will in time lose its adorability
And appear much more like imbecility!

Wanted to wish you guys a happy valentines. To all you lonely people out there xD

http://darkworkrabbit.deviantart.com/art/Waifu-Valentine-s-Card-513817842
Avatar image by Darkworkrabbit on deviantart

the President's day special:

QuotePresident's day: not exactly a major holiday, but worth celebrating nonetheless. But there was always the feeling that something is missing from the day, and after much thought (exactly 2 minutes), I realized we need to also remember that unsung hero of the American political scene: the vice president. here's a song about one such titan:
[yt]ld7VVBztuVM[/yt]
anyways, the presidency: a job fraught with difficult decisions--like whether the president should tell three-quarters of a lie, or a full lie. Nonethless, I do find the last few presidents to be quite admirable, especially in the way they are dedicated to their principles:
[yt]3BDyFuDxA-I[/yt]
or their often divinely inspired foreign policy:
[yt]_mwfULpr6bE[/yt]
which will definitely lead--eventually--to world peace:
[yt]t-WGG4zDbCI[/yt]
with all its benefits:
[yt]frAEmhqdLFs[/yt]

-Jesse Cox