Doctor Who

Started by FSBlueApocalypse, June 20, 2011, 04:19:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
It seems at least a few people here are fans of the show. Since it is in the midseason break, thoughts on the show so far?

I love what Steven Moffat has done with it! He's taking it in new and exciting directions while at the same time kept it true to its roots.

Agreed. Matt Smith is right there with Peter Davison as my favorite doctor. This doctor has perhaps been the most manipulative of the bunch. He has this crazy man-boy front, but really he is always two steps ahead.

Yeah, I love the bits where that comes through, like when he said, "Don't play games with me--don't ever, EVER think you're capable of that!" and "Good men don't need rules. Today is not the day to find out why I have so many." There's a dark, scary person deep inside our hero!

Going forward, I'm intrigued by the rumors that Omega is coming back as the main villian. He would serve as a great parallel for this incarnation

Some criticism about the upcoming episode (personally, I think he's biased):

[yt]aVG5VMfxrIY[/yt]

LMAO I always thought Stalin was a trekkie

Seriously though, it'll be interesting to see how Hitler is portrayed. The guy they had for Nixon was terrible.

Quote from: MrBogosity on June 21, 2011, 09:40:37 AM
Some criticism about the upcoming episode (personally, I think he's biased):

[yt]aVG5VMfxrIY[/yt]

The Hitler rage videos are a meme that NEVER gets old for me.

Shane, what were your thoughts on the Russel T Davies era? The first season had some promise, but honestly after Eccelston left the show I thought there wasn't anything special besides Moffat's two episodes. The Master's return fell flat as did Davros showing up out of the blue for a 5 minute chat and nothing else.

Oh come on! Midnight was a work of genius, Human Nature was a heart-jerker, and how could you NOT love Donna Noble?

June 22, 2011, 08:19:13 AM #10 Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 08:41:11 AM by FSBlueApocalypse
I'll give you Human Nature, but everything in Series 4 besides Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead was mediocre to me. More and more I revist SitL/FotD that show really was the prologue for the Moffat era. Fear factor turned up to 11, River Song's debut, and it really was the first time The Doctor just used his reputation to get by. When he says "I'm the Doctor, and you're in the biggest library in the Universe. Look me up" and the Vashtu Nerada just hightail it was way out of character at the time but makes sense now.

On another note, I hope the show isn't going into limbo or another "Specials" year in 2012. The BBC has said only 6-7 episodes are going to air in 2012. I hope its only because of the 2012 Olympics in London. It would be a shame for 2013 (50th anniversary) to pass without a big payoff.

Actually the BBC hasn't said anything officially yet, it's just rumors flying.

Rewatching The Impossible Astronaut, I'm certain that the "Doctor" Amy, Rory, and River originally meet is the Ganger Doctor. Still not sure if it's the original Doctor or River in the Astronaut suit.

If he's a flesh avatar, why didn't he melt when he died?

With all the emphasis placed on how the Ganger was the Doctor as well, could see some Timey Wimey answer about how since he was around for 200 years he literally became the Doctor.