Podcast for 4-11-2011

Started by MrBogosity, April 10, 2011, 06:23:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Play the Podcast

News of the Bogus:

Biggest Bogon Emitter: Sharyl Attkisson http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31727_162-20049118-10391695.html

Idiot Extraordinare: Jarrah White http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucvC7AAcj-M

This Week's Quote: "If you give a good politician the power to do good things, you automatically give a bad politician the power to do bad things." —Harry Browne

Oh, come on. You mentioned Dragonball Z, and didn't make a bogon levels over 9,000 joke with the requisite audio clip? =P

J/k. Great podcast. The missus and I actually listen to this together.

Seriously, if a guy locked in prison for years isn't entitled to compensation, who the hell IS?!  People living in iron lungs would send this guy flowers
I recently heard that the word heretic is derived from the greek work heriticos which means "able to choose"
The more you know...

Yo MrBogosity! I remember you talking about the Underwriters Laboratories a long time ago on YouTube. So I thought that maybe you'd like to talk about http://www.fraudulenttestingbyul.com/ in your next podcast.
There is no truer hypocrite than one who would embrace another man's loss of liberty and call himself an American in the same breath. -Me

Bogus whining and moaning from a single company that didn't like that UL failed their product. Why don't they appeal to the UL council? Why don't they sue UL for fraud? Why don't they just improve their damn product and have it retested?

Quote from: MrBogosity on April 11, 2011, 06:11:02 AM
Bogus whining and moaning from a single company that didn't like that UL failed their product. Why don't they appeal to the UL council? Why don't they sue UL for fraud? Why don't they just improve their damn product and have it retested?

It's also a bit odd that that web site is the only place that has this 'information', if one can call it that. It's mentioned nowhere else I can find through google.

And their "evidence" that it is true is that they haven't been sued by UL for defamation.

Did you see all the sideways shots about 9/11, as if they were closet "Truthers"?

Can I make a nomination for Idiot Extraordinaire?

GoodScienceForYou

You're already familiar with his antics on the 'Evolution CAN Increase Information' videos, but there's more.... Just check out his youtube page and his *ahem* "forum".

http://www.evolutionforum.info/

He insults anyone who disagrees with him and regularly bans users for presenting evidence. It'd be funny if it wasn't so tragic.

Thanks, but this coming week's idiot far outstrips him. Maybe next week...

Quote from: MrBogosity on April 14, 2011, 11:21:12 AM
Thanks, but this coming week's idiot far outstrips him. Maybe next week...

I find myself disappointed that I did not find this week's idiot, intrigued that you found someone worse, horrified that there could BE someone worse, and excited yet apprehensive about finding out.

This should be GOOD.

Geez, is that whole entire site just him and his sock accounts? Because all of the other posters seem to be playing right into his hands...

Quote from: Virgil0211 on April 14, 2011, 11:30:03 AM
I find myself disappointed that I did not find this week's idiot, intrigued that you found someone worse, horrified that there could BE someone worse, and excited yet apprehensive about finding out.

This should be GOOD.

I'm sure you're already familiar with him.

Quote from: MrBogosity on April 14, 2011, 11:37:19 AM
I'm sure you're already familiar with him.

Vogter? O.o

Quote from: MrBogosity on April 14, 2011, 11:37:03 AM
Geez, is that whole entire site just him and his sock accounts? Because all of the other posters seem to be playing right into his hands...

I wouldn't be surprised. He's the owner, administrator, etc. The way he talks about it on his page, you'd think he was just a regular poster rather than the guy in charge of the damned thing.

Quote from: Virgil0211 on April 14, 2011, 02:10:24 PM
Vogter? O.o

Nope. You're thinking completely along the wrong lines.