UFOs and Aliens

Started by Real Captain Olimar, November 27, 2008, 12:04:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
How do you know I did that? Maybe I called a lobotomized cow with BSE Tom Fox!

Yeah, but that would be a compliment for the cow!
For me, however, it is an insult!

Quote from: Ex_Nihil0 on January 05, 2009, 07:33:23 PM
The gray aliens must have gone nuts during the development of vista.

Oh, and not purple aliens, or green aliens, or ultraviolet or infrared aliens, or even RAINBOW aliens?!

I think we can all agree that everyone in the world except real captain olimar is more qualified to be a scientist than kent hovind

Quote from: Sinlingual on January 11, 2009, 07:44:22 AM
I think we can all agree that everyone in the world except real captain olimar is more qualified to be a scientist than kent hovind

Nope, even RCO is more qualified than Kent Hovind.

Quote from: IceSage on January 12, 2009, 02:08:30 AM
Nope, even RCO is more qualified than Kent Hovind.

Now, a global flood is impossible,the longest recorded lifespan on Earth is MILLIONS OF YEARS, and Hovind is, as Bill Cosby put it, "A big, fat, stinky doo-doo head!"

Hi all,

First of all, i do enjoy all the bogosity episodes, especially the ones on the so-called moon-hoaxes.

So i decided to go and have a look at this forum, and found this topic, which i think is really interesting. I suppose this forum is frequented by a lot of people who call themselves 'skeptics', and usually that includes skepticism towards the subject of UFO's.

I thought the Larry King episode was really interesting. Here we have a bunch of former airforce personnel on a nuclear missile site, and they claim that a UFO was hovering over the base as several of the silos go out.

Here's a recap of the event:

In central Montana, Thursday morning March 16 1967, the E-Flight Missile Combat Crew was below ground in the Echo-Flight Launch Control Center (LCC) or capsule. During the early morning hours, more than one report came in from security patrols and maintenance crews that they had seen UFOs. A UFO was reported directly above one of the E-Flight Launch Facilities (LF) or silos. It turned out that at least one security policeman was so frightened by this encounter that he never again returned to security duty.

A short time later, the Deputy Crew Commander (DMCCC), a 1st Lieutenant, was briefing the Crew Commander (MCCC), a Captain, on the flight status when the alarm horn sounded. Over the next half-minute, all ten of their missiles reported a "No-Go" condition. One by one across the board, each missile had became inoperable,

From there on, as an ex-Missileer describes it: "All Hell broke loose!" Among the many calls to and from the E-Flight LCC one was to the MCCC of November-Flight which links to the equally dramatic story of what happened in another LCC that same morning.

In this case we have shutdown of strategic nuclear missiles coincident with UFO sighting over a missile silo! These were missiles lost to America's nuclear deterrent forces.

And here comes Bill Nye, who shows his complete ignorance when he suggests that there was a power-outage coinciding with whatever it was that caused the people at the base to see the UFO. Then he makes the classic mistake (when it comes to pathological UFO-skeptics anyway) of putting words in the mouth of the witnesses by stating that 'a lot of people see somthing that they can't identify, and they think it's an alien spaceship'. This is the typical red herring a lot of these skeptics come up qith.. in fact, what these airforce people are saying is that a weird flying light showed up and powerded down the missile silo's.. Now you tell me who or what could have done that in 1967.

Those very same people have said repeatedly that it's an alien spaceship. Nye knew that. They only played that "we never said that" card because they knew they were caught, and had to discredit Nye somehow. But they are very much on record as believing this.

Well, that may or may not be the case. The point i'd like to make that the interpretation of the event by the witnesses doesn't really matter too much. Nye and other skeptics use the 'alien spaceship' card all the time because it makes UFO proponents look like looney tunes.

What's important here is that -something- caused a 'no-go' situation in 10 missile silo's (which have triple redundancy when it comes to power) while there's something weird hovering over the base. Nye wants you to believe that it was just because of all those people misperceiving things, someone allegedly having a drink too many, and/or a 'normal' power outage (in several silos at the same time, with said triple redundancy), but if you look into the case a bit more deeply, you'll soon find that it's a bit more complicated than that.

Anyway.. doesn't it strike you as odd that a poorly informed 'skeptic' who wasn't a witness to the case is supposed to provide an explanation to this whole thing? Before he utters his opinions, he had better familiarize himself with the data before spewing his generalisations and making a fool of himself.

In fact, i suggest you read the following carefully, so at leats you're informed: http://www.cufon.org/cufon/malmstrom/malm1.htm

If you knew anything at all about skepticism, you'd know how incredibly unreliable eyewitness testimony is.

I'm all for scepticism.. of the healthy kind that is. It's the kind of dogmatic skepticism as displayed by the likes of Jim Oberg, James McGaha (dumbest of them all), the late Phill Klass, Bill Nye (not too smart either)etc that i have a problem with.

To illustrate what i mean i guess this clip makkes the point pretty well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSkXYmExOnA