Global Warming

Started by MrBogosity, October 16, 2008, 05:03:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
It's when you throw out so many things there's no way anyone can debunk them all. Like the moon hoaxers: you debunk one thing, they say, "Yeah, but what about <another of their thousands of points>?"

Quote from: MrBogosity on December 04, 2009, 04:58:39 PM
It's when you throw out so many things there's no way anyone can debunk them all. Like the moon hoaxers: you debunk one thing, they say, "Yeah, but what about <another of their thousands of points>?"
OK, thanks, Shane.

My professor talked about ClimateGate today.
He said to research to see that man made global warming is a hoax.
He also made a claim about how nearly all of the stuff is done through some European (English?) Institution where if you say that man is causing GW you are counted, if you disagree you aren't.
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

I'm placing my money on it being a hoax.  They've cried wolf dozens of times already, why should we believe this one?
I recently heard that the word heretic is derived from the greek work heriticos which means "able to choose"
The more you know...

Quote from: Lord T Hawkeye on December 08, 2009, 03:03:14 PM
I'm placing my money on it being a hoax.  They've cried wolf dozens of times already, why should we believe this one?
Global warming or ClimateGate?
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"

Quote from: Virgil0211 on December 08, 2009, 05:16:39 PM
Is there a way I can bet on both? =P
Maybe. :P

Well, about 5 days ago, I posted this comment:

Me: "Potholer, I must admit, I do feel responsible for HTWW's video about this one. I put the url to this video in a comment on one of his videos, and well.... yeah.
I don't know if he actually found out about this video from me. You seem a very reasonable and qualified guy. I just wanted for people to know what you thought about it."

And guess who of all people replied back?
Thaaaaattt's right!

HowTheWorldWorks:  "@Surhotchaperchlorome

Actually, that's exactly how I found it."

Now why do I feel guilty about HTWW's video going off on Potholer? :(

Man...Stossel's premier episode on Fox Business is probably the first genuinely rational look at Global Warming I've seen in the news media to date.

Which one was that?  Just the one where he asked "is the debate really over?"
I recently heard that the word heretic is derived from the greek work heriticos which means "able to choose"
The more you know...

The one that premiered on Fox Business this week, where he spoke with that climate scientist as well as one of the Freakonomics guys.

If anyone finds it on youtube, PLEASE post it here.

Quote from: MrBogosity on December 12, 2009, 07:42:08 PM
The one that premiered on Fox Business this week, where he spoke with that climate scientist as well as one of the Freakonomics guys.

Is this it?
[yt]9uY5CVAnnGE[/yt]

I still find it hilarious how politicians will bleat about capping carbons and all that nonsense but still won't you make more nuclear power stations.  Hypocrites...
The more you know...

Quote from: Virgil0211 on December 13, 2009, 10:58:58 AM
Is this it?
[yt]9uY5CVAnnGE[/yt]

Yeah, that's it, a part of it, anyway. His show's an hour long, and the whole thing was on Global Warming.

So, how safe are Nucular Plants? How often do you have to water them? Do they need special soil? What about nutruents?

Quote from: Gumba Masta on December 13, 2009, 04:41:24 PM
So, how safe are Nucular Plants? How often do you have to water them? Do they need special soil? What about nutruents?

I wouldn't know. This Texas soil's no good for growing nuclear plants. I stick to sewage treatment plants. Just let the dogs out regularly enough, and they take care of themselves. =P