Global Warming

Started by MrBogosity, October 16, 2008, 05:03:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
[yt]aQlgMSoo5FM[/yt]
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

Another good one from potholer54:

[yt]kmECHrOcFlc[/yt]
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"

I would imagine an ice age being worse than global warming, however.
Case in point:  [yt]LcFNRBg8mUw[/yt]

I'd prefer global warming though, even if it's just for the added benefit of young pretty women tempted to wear bikinis all around the year.

Quote from: MrBogosity on February 16, 2009, 03:19:47 PM
isn't this just a re-wording of Pascal's Wager?
That wouldn't surprise me.
You realize that one of his videos, this one:

[yt]zORv8wwiadQ[/yt]

Has so many views that the Mises Institute actually took a crack at it?
Case in point:  Must We Do Something, Anything, about Global Warming? by Robert Blumen

And yes, like the one posted earlier, it's basically just a rewording of Pascal's Wager.
Also, note how comments are disabled on the video.
How very religious like of him...

Quote from: Gumba Masta on July 09, 2010, 11:39:23 PM
I'd prefer global warming though, even if it's just for the added benefit of young pretty women tempted to wear bikinis all around the year.

To steal a quote from a famous sitcom:

"...... We make fun of him, but every now and then, he has a fantastic idea."

An argument I've seen against global warming:
Because they've changed the name a lot (global warming, climate change, and others), it's just like Creationism/Intelligent Design.
Not the most convincing of arguments, really.  Kinda comes off as desperate.

But something that has always bothered me about the conspiracy side of global warming denialism is regarding the fudging/destruction of data by governments.
If this is true, why haven't governments done this very same thing to things like:  the vast increase in standard of living during the 20 year period after the Civil War?
Or the 1920 Great Depression?  They've had much more opportunity and far greater reason to do so, so why haven't they?
And since they haven't done it for things like that, why would they do it on something like Global Warming?