Weird music stuck in your head or weird television/movies you watch

Started by Virgil0211, April 07, 2010, 08:59:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Well, I've decided to put off building a desktop until I have a bit more money, so now I have a cheap laptop on which to do my evil. Considering it's been a few weeks since I made one of my random nonsense topics, here's another. Discuss a strange song or piece of music that's stuck in your head. I'll start off.

[yt]zjYg4PlZ-lg[/yt]

It's the theme to 'Ninja Sentai Kakuranger' (parts of which were used for season 3 of 'Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers' and that weird-ass (by Power Rangers standards) 'Mighty Morphin' Alien Rangers' segment at the end of season 3). The show itself is a bit weird. The action scenes look like a mix between standard sentai/Power Rangers and that old Adam West Batman TV show, with onomattopoeia(sp?) sound effects flashing on the screen. And yet, the music makes it feel serious. I don't know whether this is a good thing or a bad thing. I mean, take a look at the first few minutes of this clip.

[yt]N1z52OmKVuc[/yt]

Am I the only one who gets that impression?

...No offense dude, but you watch way to much weird TV shows and movies. :P

But speaking of songs like that...

[yt]ofbhkbk42Jc[/yt]

[yt]svjBBdQ0UEI[/yt]

[yt]r_qG70RBzPE[/yt]

*Bows*

OK, granted, I'm one to talk. :D
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

It just dawned on me that I spoke about as much about the weird show as I did the weird music, if not more. As such, I changed the topic title to better reflect that. =P

And yes, Surhot. You are one to talk.  :D

Just for that, you have to watch this series in its entirety: http://blip.tv/file/3425824

(I don't know how to embed Blip.tv videos, if it's even possible. Probably for the best, though. If I find out, I'm liable to post a deluge of videos from "The Spoony Experiment".)

If there's more interest in embedding Blip.TV, I'll write a BBcode for it.

Quote from: MrBogosity on April 07, 2010, 01:34:08 PM
If there's more interest in embedding Blip.TV, I'll write a BBcode for it.

Is there a way to do it manually, though? I mean, I tried the embed code they provide, and it didn't work. It could just be that I'm a programming retard that has no idea how to do anything with this kind of stuff. I mean, it took me about a day just to figure out how to use the MOUNT command in DosBox properly.

No, with the problem we've had with spammers, I'm just not willing to turn on HTML in posts.

Quote from: Virgil0211 on April 07, 2010, 12:05:38 PMAnd yes, Surhot. You are one to talk.  :D

Just for that, you have to watch this series in its entirety: http://blip.tv/file/3425824

And not to be outdone:
[yt]I-5i0g7whzY[/yt]

:P
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"

Quote from: surhotchaperchlorome on April 07, 2010, 07:24:17 PM
And not to be outdone:
[yt]I-5i0g7whzY[/yt]

:P

Awww, did it have to be the season 2 opening? That was my favorite season of that show. You've hurt my feelings. T_T;

Serious note: Honestly, I find these a bit stranger.

[yt]eL-H4iF8NMU[/yt]

[yt]OVrxQTMiA3g[/yt]

Hayden Christensen in Return of the Jedi, no guns in E.T., and now this. Why do people feel the need to screw with the classics?

Semi topic related, for some reason I can't get a certain movie out of my head.
I haven't seen it, but I feel like I almost HAVE to see V for Vendetta.
Odd.

Quote from: surhotchaperchlorome on April 07, 2010, 11:07:12 PM
Semi topic related, for some reason I can't get a certain movie out of my head.
I haven't seen it, but I feel like I almost HAVE to see V for Vendetta.
Odd.

I don't know whether or not to recommend you see the comic book. On the one hand, the comic book is far superior in terms of storytelling, complexity, etc. On the other hand, the movie looks very good visually and isn't a bad film when taken by itself. Personally, I find it hard to watch the movie after reading the graphic novel. I have to be in a particular mood for it, and be willing to forget how many liberties they took with the story. I guess I would lean towards don't read the novel until after you see the movie. You won't risk having the movie spoiled, and may still be able to enjoy it after reading it.

And now for something completely different:

[yt]OWfhn7HHpMc[/yt]

April 07, 2010, 11:36:45 PM #10 Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 12:52:25 PM by surhotchaperchlorome
Thanks for the advice on that.
I'll probably look into renting it if I can't find it on youtube or Google video.

I do believe I've been beaten at my own wierdness game.
Damnit...
Aw well, easy come, easy go.

Something else stuck in my head is ln(8 ). //damn emotes...
I mean, it's equal to 3*ln(2) ~ 3*(0.70) = 2.1 which is 1/10 of the legal drinking age in the USA.

As for weird videos...
Well, I do watch a shitload of youtube poops (pun intended).
I also love parodies of infomercials.

Case in point:  [yt]AH6tXQ7lcv8[/yt]

April 08, 2010, 12:55:15 PM #12 Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 01:00:02 PM by surhotchaperchlorome
So THIS is how you go without drugs. :P

But seriously:
http://www2.b3ta.com/i-love-you/

I had this song stuck in my head until I heard the real version and realized how horrible it was.  Chris-Chan is my favorite internet lol-cow, no matter how bad I'm feeling on any given day, watching him fail makes me feel better about myself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7V1gEjtmm9M

Speaking of Chris-Chan,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7k1BhQ-X0M
I have gotten that stuck in my head.