Philadelphia Experiment

Started by IceSage, November 04, 2008, 03:51:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
November 04, 2008, 03:51:33 AM Last Edit: November 04, 2008, 04:15:11 AM by IceSage
I'm sure you all already know what it's all about.

In a nutshell, we apparently had the technology in 1943 to try to render a boat invisible by phasing it's molecular structure so that light could be bent, making it be cloaked. Instead of cloaking it, it was phased, teleported, and when it finally stabilized... members of the crew were stuck inside of parts of the boat, through matter, and other people have vanished and are claimed to be half-phased teleporting around somewhere to this very day. (You won't find this in the wikipedia page, but there's so many stories about this story out there...)

In reality some crazy crackpot contacted some astronomer / writer or something of the sort about the experiment, and rumors spread on from there.

Something like that.

Anyway, people honestly believe the experiment took place. A lot of woo-woo's take it farther.

There was a video on YouTube that perfectly shows how crazy these people are (they have conventions) but I can't find the video anymore. It was some guy interviewing some old guy, (I think he claimed to be a "professor") and was giving him all the information about the experiment and how the patent office is withholding various proof of the experiment's existence... and you have to know the correct patent number because they keep changing it every day randomly, etc.

I wish I could find the video, it's hilarious.

But yeah, Philadelphia Experiment is some pretty popular bogosity... and would make a hilarious episode.

Edit: FOUND IT!

[yt]HXKD8Nhe6Cw[/yt]
(PS. Yes, the audio is focused on the Left channel... Gotta love horribly made videos!)

Quote from: Real Captain Olimar on November 04, 2008, 07:46:50 PM
"All Aboard the Failboat!"

More like, "All board the Bogusboat" considering if the project had actually taken place, it would've been more of a success than failure.

Quote from: IceSage on November 04, 2008, 07:50:34 PM
More like, "All board the Bogusboat" considering if the project had actually taken place, it would've been more of a success than failure.

no, it would have failed!

Quote from: Real Captain Olimar on November 04, 2008, 07:55:03 PM
no, it would have failed!

I'm quite sure being able to displace yourself from space/time and teleport large distances would've been more of a scientific breakthrough.

Although, I can imagine a motivotional "Fail" image with a man's body stuck through deck's 5 and 6.

It's a combination of Alien and Atlantis technology......uh ok. Gotta go, the lizard rulers of the world are calling me.

Quote from: BZ987654 on November 04, 2008, 08:23:27 PM
It's a combination of Alien and Atlantis technology......uh ok. Gotta go, the lizard rulers of the world are calling me.

I like how when the camera first approaches he's wearing a t-shirt. Then it cuts to him in a lab coat and stethoscope... for some reason.

Quote from: IceSage on November 04, 2008, 09:11:24 PM
I like how when the camera first approaches he's wearing a t-shirt. Then it cuts to him in a lab coat and stethoscope... for some reason.

Because a lab coat makes you a scientist. The stethoscope......I have no clue.

Quote from: BZ987654 on November 04, 2008, 09:22:51 PM
Because a lab coat makes you a scientist. The stethoscope......I have no clue.

I did some research and I found out it's an Antlantean communication device. My bad.

What a coincidence, I saw a show debunking this a while ago!

Quote from: IceSage on November 04, 2008, 09:36:42 PM
I did some research and I found out it's an Antlantean communication device. My bad.

Man, I should have thought of that. I need to do some more research on Atlantian devices.

Quote from: Tom S. Fox on November 04, 2008, 09:48:17 PM
What a coincidence, I saw a show debunking this a while ago!

This debunked.....I don't believe it, must be lies and misinformation.

Quote from: Tom S. Fox on November 04, 2008, 10:24:43 PM
What do you mean?

I was being sarcastic about this video being debunked.

Not the video, the rumor itself.