Fail Quotes

Started by Travis Retriever, October 17, 2009, 03:00:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
How about, anything said by mba2ceo, anywhere on my channel?

Quote from: Gumba Masta on May 20, 2011, 07:53:03 AM
I'm also the past and the future one...
OMFG!
I just realised, I'm motherfucking eternal!

So you're god?
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

If he's God, I want my tithes back...

I'm not THAT incompetent.
Although I do a great deal in suffering once in a while.
One of my pictures even got linked on a tvtropes page for tear jerkers.

Quote from: D.Turcotte on May 19, 2011, 10:01:39 AM
THIS!

I wouldn't have ever known who he was had people not constantly bashed the kid.

I think that chick singing 'Friday' was worse, personally...

Quote from: Virgil0211 on May 20, 2011, 04:18:36 PMI think that chick singing 'Friday' was worse, personally...
Rebecca Black, IIRC.  I can't tell you how many parodies of that song I've seen.
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"

[yt]REtwYhqhr_o[/yt]

Daww, he cute!  He's trying to think.

Quote from: surhotchaperchlorome on May 20, 2011, 11:05:43 AM
So you're god?

He's like god, but without all of that annoying judgment.

Quote from: surhotchaperchlorome on May 22, 2011, 10:17:31 PM
[yt]REtwYhqhr_o[/yt]

Daww, he cute!  He's trying to think.

Oh check this out.

I posted to his vid saying "Then I gather you're of the school that the more the state regulates the economy, the better it gets?

Tell me, how's that working out for you so far?"

He replies "Unlike you, I don't live in a black and white world."

I try to post again saying "That's not an answer."

"Comment pending approval"

Color. Me. Surprised.
I recently heard that the word heretic is derived from the greek work heriticos which means "able to choose"
The more you know...

Quote from: Lord T Hawkeye on May 24, 2011, 11:25:33 AM
Oh check this out.

I posted to his vid saying "Then I gather you're of the school that the more the state regulates the economy, the better it gets?

Tell me, how's that working out for you so far?"

He replies "Unlike you, I don't live in a black and white world."

I try to post again saying "That's not an answer."

"Comment pending approval"

Color. Me. Surprised.
What?  Dsglop being a dick?  No...that NEVER happens! *awesomeface*

Every comment from an anti-libertarian in this thread: http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2011/06/oh_so_thats_what_the_libertari.php

It's once again amazing how so many skeptics turn it all off in the political arena and behave EXACTLY like creationists.

June 02, 2011, 07:25:10 PM #896 Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 07:42:01 PM by D.Turcotte
QuotePhil says:
do you believe the market includes medical care & education?
D says:
Yes
I do
Phil says:
:(
D says:
Why is the government the only one who can handle health care and education?
The government is incompetent
Phil says:
our current one is
D says:
You know why 9/11 wasn't an inside job? Because the government is too incompetent to do something like 9/11
that's why
Watergate is the answer to all of this
If they couldn't cover something so simple as that up, they can't do anything right
Phil says:
if we're talking ideal world here, I imagine a small government could handle a simple healthcare system
D says:
Problem is, before government involvement, health care was much better
Phil says:
Umm... in a way, yes
D says:
as far as insurance goes, almost everyone was covered, and those who weren't were capable to go to free clinics and charity clinics
I'm talking the financial side of it
Phil says:
the problem with that is the time period during which most medical advances were made
D says:
not the actual medicine itself
The problem was, lobbyists complained that health care was too cheap, and so they demanded government make the AMA (American Medical Association) so that they could distribute licenses and force doctors to have higher wages
Once that happened, the free and charity clinics were disbanded because they weren't capable of getting the licenses
Phil says:
but... doctors don't get paid particularly well for the high stress & education required
D says:
Problem is you have a monopoly on the system
Are the AMA the only group of people in the world who are capable of determining who is worthy of practicing medicine?
Phil says:
problem is listening to stupid lobbyists
D says:
Like I said, government gave them the power
Government works like this
they break your leg
hand you a crutch
then claim that without them, you wouldn't be able to survive
They fuck shit up, make regulations that do very little, then claim that the evil free market is responsible for the problems
Phil says:
So religious indoctrination?
D says:
Essentially
It's funny
I know a lot of atheists who complain about religious dogma, but they turn that shit off once they get in the political debate
they become as dogmatic as the creationists they despise
If you believe that government is the only group of people who are qualified to handle matters, then that is practically superstitious in it's own right
Phil says:
I loved on PZ's blog this morning, there was an Ayn Rand thread. And oh did the battle commence
D says:
How about the FDA?
The FDA is government run
people complain that if the FDA were private, they'd be corrupt and only listen to pharmaceutical companies
they do that now
in a 2001 report from Washington Post, the FDA admitted that they do their best to not upset their corporate sponsors
Phil says:
Umm... the current system is fucked
but I don't think all future systems involved in regulating medicare have to be complete fubar
I think there is a sane way to do it
D says:
However, in the private sector, we have a company called United Laboratories
They certify all electronic appliances
Phil says:
without leaving it in the 'free' market
D says:
or most of them
UL can be sued
the FDA can't
UL is one of the least corrupt companies ever and they've been around for a century
UL knows that if they fuck up, their competition will take over
Make them compete. Basic principal of competition creates better quality with lower prices.
I actually made a large post about this in a thread about Britain's NHS cutting funding and thus denying people surgeries due to lack of funding
If we leave it in a free market, there is far less force and taxpayers save a lot of money
In the United States, it is illegal for people for one to buy insurance from another state
for example, I live in Connecticut
if I want insurance from Delaware
it is illegal for me to buy it
Phil says:
... I don't know if you're following my point
D says:
I know your point
but my point is, the free market method is a much easier and efficient way to work things
it involves no force and saves money for taxpayers
Can you give me a legitimate and rational reason why we should not go with this?
Phil says:
in most cases, I'd say yes. But in the case of education & medicare exclusively, I say no. And here's why
What is the primary purpose of medicare when run by the government compared to the primary purpose of medicare run by a private company?
D says:
Do you believe that health insurance is a right?
Do you believe that government is the only group of people who can give proper health care?
Also, you do realize that this is an economic issue, and not an actual medical issue right?
It needs to be looked at from a purely economic standpoint
No one actually complains about the treatment itself, just how to pay for it
Phil says:
and that is entirely my point
D says:
And again, like I stated before. Before government got involved, there were free and charity clinics.
When you give government the power to decide who can and can't practice medicine and what your insurance will cover, it raises the prices through taxes
Phil says:
the government isn't running medicare for profit. No one wins by charging too much
D says:
That's a crock of shit
you pay for it through taxes
Look at it this way
with each thing that is covered in your care, you have to pay for them through your taxes
Why should I have to pay for materinty if I'm a single male
Why should I have to pay for alcoholics rehabilitation if I'm a non drinker
Phil says:
because women are paying for your prostate exam
D says:
That's force, and I'm against that
My argument is against the idea of force and implements more choice
and costs far less
Why should I have to pay for someone else? Why should someone else be forced to pay for me?
Phil says:
I don't trust the invisible hand of the free market not to crush the weak masses in the name of personal greed
D says:
(facepalm_
)*
Okay, that sounds like government cultist
Phil says:
I don't
I like the idea, but reality demonstrates clearly that morality has nothing to do with the way the world is run
why then should we expect basic moral tenets to exist in our economic system?

My buddy Phil here is generally a smart guy, but like most atheists, the second he gets in the political debate, he shuts it all off.

QuoteI like the idea, but reality demonstrates clearly that morality has nothing to do with the way the world is run
why then should we expect basic moral tenets to exist in our economic system?

Why should you expect it from government? If morality has nothing to do with the way the world is run, then why the HELL would you set up a system where people have a monopoly on force against others?

I forget who said this, but if people are moral, you don't need a government; if people are immoral, you don't dare have one!

Quote from: MrBogosity on June 02, 2011, 07:57:03 PM
Why should you expect it from government? If morality has nothing to do with the way the world is run, then why the HELL would you set up a system where people have a monopoly on force against others?

I forget who said this, but if people are moral, you don't need a government; if people are immoral, you don't dare have one!

I know what you mean bro. It's been stated time and time again that the minute these "anti-dogmatists" get into the political debate they shut that all off.

This entire video.

[yt]7QDv4sYwjO0[/yt]