Fail Quotes

Started by Travis Retriever, October 17, 2009, 03:00:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
@Shane & VectorM:  You thought it was spam at first too, huh?  Glad I wasn't the only one.  And yes, his gibbering definitely belongs in the fail quotes.
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

Quote from: surhotchaperchlorome on May 11, 2011, 04:51:50 PM
@Shane & VectorM:  You thought it was spam at first too, huh?  Glad I wasn't the only one.  And yes, his gibbering definitely belongs in the fail quotes.

Don't be too harsh on him. His posts seem like they're ESL.

Quote from: Virgil0211 on May 11, 2011, 05:31:13 PMDon't be too harsh on him. His posts seem like they're ESL.

Fair enough.
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"

From http://www.cracked.com/article_19192_6-things-you-wonE28099t-believe-got-banned-by-modern-governments.html
"As much as we love thinking of ourselves as the rebellious kids fighting against an oppressive society run by unreasonable old men, the truth is that most things that are illegal are illegal for a reason. Society just doesn't enjoy your public urination as much as you do.

But sometimes, the grownups get it wrong. Hilariously wrong, in fact."

Yes, because our mommy governments are pure heated and who follow the will and best interest of the people--you stupid rebel brats--and anything not in the spirit of the public interest is a mere anomaly that can be voted out in the next election.  *rolls eyes*

Asside from that godawful condescending introduction, the rest of the article seems decent (Granted, I've only read the last item on the list).

[yt]-3zbm-Hcwl4[/yt]

Not a fail quote:  "This is so unfortunate that a nutritionist like her is promoting such false and misleading information. She is identifying High Fructose Corn Syrup with Fructose in fruits!

The fructose in high fructose corn syrup is from genetically modified, dead corn. It is chemically converted to corn syrup. It has been proven clinically that it produced visceral fat which leads to the metabolic syndrome.

HFCS has also proved to cause diabetes. Such a shame. She gives us nutritionists a bad image." --metabolismmakeover1 

So is there a difference between HFCS and the Fructose in fruit?

May 16, 2011, 08:37:54 PM #860 Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 08:53:50 PM by surhotchaperchlorome
Every comment made by ThickShades0 in this video's comment section:

[yt]arBLUCO8_gM[/yt]

This entire image.

May 16, 2011, 08:47:16 PM #862 Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 08:53:07 PM by surhotchaperchlorome
Quote from: D.Turcotte on May 16, 2011, 08:40:42 PM
This entire image.

[Image omitted from quote to save space.]

Oh, we've seen that one.  Unfortunately for the makers of the original, The folks at the Mises Institute forum have as well, and, well, let's just say they had some fun with it:

It should go without saying that the above three aren't fail quotes.

"Why would you vote Libertarian? They only get 1% of the vote. You should vote for a party that actually stands a chance of winning." - My uncle.

"I believe that those who have more money should be forced by the government to give some of their money to those less fortunate than them. We all live in the same community, and if someone doesn't want to help out, they should leave." - My mother.

"I vote for Democrats because that is my team. It's like the New York Giants vs. The Dallas Cowboys. I don't really care about their position, but I can't stand to watch my team lose." - My brother

I think I've mentioned that my family is full of idiots right?

Quote from: D.Turcotte on May 17, 2011, 04:33:45 PM"Why would you vote Libertarian? They only get 1% of the vote. You should vote for a party that actually stands a chance of winning." - My uncle.

The "horse race" mentality.

Quote"I believe that those who have more money should be forced by the government to give some of their money to those less fortunate than them. We all live in the same community, and if someone doesn't want to help out, they should leave." - My mother.

The "I want to feel generous but I don't want to actually give my own money so I want to force others to do it" mentality.

Quote"I vote for Democrats because that is my team. It's like the New York Giants vs. The Dallas Cowboys. I don't really care about their position, but I can't stand to watch my team lose." - My brother

The "Should really be at frat houses crunching beer cans against his forehead rather than having anything to do with setting policy" mentality.

May 17, 2011, 07:29:03 PM #865 Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 03:25:06 PM by surhotchaperchlorome
Quote from: D.Turcotte on May 17, 2011, 04:33:45 PM
"Why would you vote Libertarian? They only get 1% of the vote. You should vote for a party that actually stands a chance of winning." - My uncle.
Refuted by Shane in this video

Quote from: D.Turcotte on May 17, 2011, 04:33:45 PM"I believe that those who have more money should be forced by the government to give some of their money to those less fortunate than them. We all live in the same community, and if someone doesn't want to help out, they should leave." - My mother.
Government welfare:  When you care so much about a stranger, you're willing to have government rob another stranger at gunpoint to pay for the first one's expenses.

Quote from: D.Turcotte on May 17, 2011, 04:33:45 PM"I vote for Democrats because that is my team. It's like the New York Giants vs. The Dallas Cowboys. I don't really care about their position, but I can't stand to watch my team lose." - My brother

Quote from: D.Turcotte on May 17, 2011, 04:33:45 PMI think I've mentioned that my family is full of idiots right?
Yes, many times.  And if those quotes are the sort of thing you deal with on a daily basis, I really can't say I blame you.

Quote from: MrBogosity on May 17, 2011, 04:56:54 PM
The "I want to feel generous but I don't want to actually give my own money so I want to force others to do it" mentality.

Yeah, I've had debates about this issue several times with my mother.

I've told her several times that you cannot force charity. Charity simply is not force. That's the whole point. It's supposed to be a choice. You choose to donate. Once you eliminate the choice, you've turned charity into nothing more than government run armed robbery.

Of course being the state cultist she is, she treats government like a god figure and deems them beyond our standards and thus, if they do it, it must be for the greater good...unless they're Republicans.

"@Virgil0211: Something like that :) Remember, though, Vietnam, Korea and a few other "police actions" also weren't "wars" by definition, despite loss of life on several sides and the use of military force. The moronic "war on ~fitb~" they come up with are not actual wars and don't involve the military or have targets you can apply military force to. All they have ever done is criminalize and stigmatize some of the population, cost billions or aggrandize some political hack or all three." --RyuDarragh

As Virgil so eloquently responded (not a fail):  "@RyuDarragh *sigh* I remember when words used to mean something, back in the 1800s..."

Quote from: VectorM on May 11, 2011, 03:53:14 PM
I thought sfiorare was the new RCO?

I thought I was the new RCO.

May 18, 2011, 04:14:38 AM #869 Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 04:21:48 AM by VectorM
No, you are just the current Gumba Masta.

QuoteI think I've mentioned that my family is full of idiots right?

I've told this story before, but there was this one time when I told my family about Lysander Spooner. I didn't remember his name at the time I talked about him, so I just explained what he did. How he run a private postal service, that did a better job than the one the government provided, at a cheaper price. And how the government shut him down, so they won't need to compete with him.

And then, almost everyone said, that it was another private organization that shut him down. I did a mental face-palm after that.

Keep in mind, they had NO IDEA who this guy was, before I mentioned him. They've never heard of this story, EVER. And yet they had the audacity to tell me what actually happened. Unbelievable.