Fail Quotes

Started by Travis Retriever, October 17, 2009, 03:00:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: MrBogosity on May 08, 2011, 03:26:27 PMIt's hard to believe that Milton Friedman and Ben Bernanke are from the same school...

Where did I say they were? :P
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

No, they are: they're both monetarists!

Quote from: MrBogosity on May 08, 2011, 04:06:29 PMNo, they are: they're both monetarists!

NM.  I misinterpreted your post.
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"

May 08, 2011, 07:33:07 PM #843 Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 07:45:42 PM by Virgil0211
Quote from: surhotchaperchlorome on May 07, 2011, 05:24:08 PM
FLAWLESS VICTORY

Ironically, I wasn't allowed to play Mortal Kombat when I was a kid, and I was never good at it when I could sneak it at the arcade or when they finally let me play it. =P

I prefer this fighting game reference, if only to inflate my own ego: [yt]mbzo8rieYIM&feature=relmfu[/yt]

or this: [yt]ZDA1n62XLVs[/yt]

And is it just me, or is that argument the fighting game equivalent of this?: [yt]n0zJLCML8qA&feature=related[/yt]

Quote from: MrBogosity on May 08, 2011, 04:06:29 PM
No, they are: they're both monetarists!

That reminds me of another fail quote. Not for the quote itself, but what he ended up doing later.

"Friedman, about the depression, you were right. We did it, and we're very sorry." - Bernanke on accepting appointment to federal reserve chairman.

May 08, 2011, 09:36:05 PM #844 Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 09:45:43 PM by D.Turcotte
Quote from: Virgil0211 on May 08, 2011, 07:33:07 PM
Ironically, I wasn't allowed to play Mortal Kombat when I was a kid, and I was never good at it when I could sneak it at the arcade or when they finally let me play it. =P

I prefer this fighting game reference, if only to inflate my own ego: [yt]mbzo8rieYIM&feature=relmfu[/yt]

or this: [yt]ZDA1n62XLVs[/yt]

And is it just me, or is that argument the fighting game equivalent of this?: [yt]n0zJLCML8qA&feature=related[/yt]

That reminds me of another fail quote. Not for the quote itself, but what he ended up doing later.

"Friedman, about the depression, you were right. We did it, and we're very sorry." - Bernanke on accepting appointment to federal reserve chairman.

No love for SNK?!

I'll take King of Fighters over Street Fighter any day of the week.

As far as fail quotes go, this one is more relevant if you are a fan of pro wrestling, but some of the stuff in here is just so baffling that even people who aren't wrestling fans can see the bullshit for what it is.

http://www.imdb.com/list/A5QwbNs75to/

Some examples include:
QuoteIf anyone reading this is a parent of a child who's a wrestling fan, please, for the sake of the true wrestling fans (the ones who were watching before your young child started watching and will still be there by the time your child stops...assumimg wrestling isn't in the gutter by then) stop letting your kids watch wrestling, or at least stop buying them John Cena merchandise. Maybe then, WWE will see that a rated PG show for wrestling doesn't work.

Or how about this one in reference to Chris Benoit:
QuoteEveryone heard the news story. In 2007, Chris Benoit murdered his wife and son before committing suicide. In addition to being a horrible person in general, Benoit's actions led to WWE becoming less ballsy and less edge, and more careful with their storylines so as not to offend anyone. Yes, Benoit killed the "attitude" once and for all (though to be fair, the attitude was already on its way out. Benoit only put the exclamation point on its death).

And then there's the fact that Benoit's actions led to WWE implementing a stupid drug-testing policy that has led to wrestlers being suspended, fired, or lowered in status when the product would probably be better if they were still in prominent spots. It's because of this policy that a great wrestler like Rob Van Dam was frustrated and decided to quit WWE, that a great future star like Brian Kendrick was fired, and that great wrestlers like William Regal and John Morrison are unable to become the top stars they deserve to be.

It's all because of Benoit.

It should be noted that this particular person is saying that these people are ruining the business.

Quote from: D.Turcotte on May 08, 2011, 09:36:05 PM
No love for SNK?!

I'll take King of Fighters over Street Fighter any day of the weak.

Didn't SNK go under about 10 years ago?

And remember, Akuma kicked the ass of the main villain from the SNK series in Capcom VS SNK.

Quote from: Virgil0211 on May 08, 2011, 09:40:37 PM
Didn't SNK go under about 10 years ago?

And remember, Akuma kicked the ass of the main villain from the SNK series in Capcom VS SNK.

SNK Playmore is still going (New name, same company.)

Also, Rugal is not a main villain in the KOF series. Canonically, he only appeared in KOF 94 and 95. He does make appearances in the "dream match" games, but he's not a main villain. That being said, you could also make the argument that it's just Capcom giving themselves the boost.

Quote from: D.Turcotte on May 08, 2011, 09:45:02 PM
SNK Playmore is still going (New name, same company.)

Also, Rugal is not a main villain in the KOF series. Canonically, he only appeared in KOF 94 and 95. He does make appearances in the "dream match" games, but he's not a main villain. That being said, you could also make the argument that it's just Capcom giving themselves the boost.

Actually, it was originally playmore. It got started after SNK originally went under, and didn't go by SNK playmore until 2003. So, yeah, SNK did go under for a couple of years. I just prefer the street fighter characters, as well as the music. Just my personal preference.

And I think capcom has a right to brag. They've done very well for themselves, and they've never gone under even once. =P

May 10, 2011, 08:30:52 PM #848 Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 08:34:44 PM by surhotchaperchlorome
Every comment by eirefrance on this video:  [yt]qAiYlaGxyV0[/yt]

I was going to rebut his latest bloviating, hand-waving nonsense posts to me, but after seeing this:

"I'm not sure I would describe the Nazis as corrupt. Corruption isn't really the right word for crazy fundamentalists tied to their beliefs above all, including economic policy. But private German and non-German companies did use forced labor from Nazis and profited from it. And some of those companies are still around today." (Emphasis added by me.)

I finally realized that he's too far gone into the cult of statism to be worth any more of my precious time.
Aside from the obvious, given the insanity he's spewed, I think it's safe to say he just affirmed Godwin's Law.

Quote from: surhotchaperchlorome on May 10, 2011, 08:30:52 PM
Every comment by eirefrance on this video:  [yt]qAiYlaGxyV0[/yt]

I was going to rebut his latest bloviating, hand-waving nonsense posts to me, but after seeing this:

"I'm not sure I would describe the Nazis as corrupt. Corruption isn't really the right word for crazy fundamentalists tied to their beliefs above all, including economic policy. But private German and non-German companies did use forced labor from Nazis and profited from it. And some of those companies are still around today." (Emphasis added by me.)

I finally realized that he's too far gone into the cult of statism to be worth any more of my precious time.
Aside from the obvious, given the insanity he's spewed, I think it's safe to say he just affirmed Godwin's Law.

What? You're just gonna leave him alone after that?

Every single quote from our newest forum member sonylr. And by every single quote, I really do mean EVERY SINGLE DAMN QUOTE.

He only has 10 or so, but DAAAYUM. Makes my head spin.

I thought sfiorare was the new RCO?

Actually, to be honest, at first glance I thought sonylr was a spammer. But none of his posts were actual spam.

Every time I see the same user responding to the a whole bunch of threads at the same time, I assume spam too. Boy, was I unpleasantly surprised.