Fail Quotes

Started by Travis Retriever, October 17, 2009, 03:00:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: surhotchaperchlorome on May 01, 2011, 12:29:58 PM
"Feudalism was based entirely on private property and contracts, just like the Libertarians want in their society [Ergo, libertarians are feudalists]"
- Rundstedt1, Guncriminal's Moron Hall of Fame
I recall kDest trying to argue something like that too, only with him it was a warlord fetish.

This would be a bad time to bring up my interest in swords and medieval swordplay. <.< >.>

Every comment by this idiot http://www.youtube.com/user/Slipknotyk06 in the comments of this video:

[yt]1IWK71Z-VS0[/yt]

QuoteThe second in command for Al Qaeda is known. It's Al Zawhiri. He will move up in the absence of Bin Laden. I think keeping on the assault would be a game of whack-a-mole. However, showing mercy may be a mistake. It may give them an opportunity to regroup and conduct an other action against us. It may be rather naive to believe that if we stop attacking them they'll stop attacking us. It's a conflict many generations old.

QuoteAs a former Airman, I would love to see this war over. However, I do think that much of the stance of "if we leave them alone, they'll leave us alone" is naivety nearly to the point of retardation. The first strike of Islam on the US was the plunder of cities in the Carolinas and Georgia in the 18th century, and the reprisal was the defeat of these Barbary pirates on the shores of Tripoli in America's first war abroad.

If no terrorist steps forward to take bin Laden's place, it will be necessary for our government to create one.

http://phantom-inker.deviantart.com/journal/40282083/?offset=25#comments

You gotta love people with their "I'm too edumucated to respond to you peasants!" nonsense.  The whole thing is just full of nauseating jingoism.
I recently heard that the word heretic is derived from the greek work heriticos which means "able to choose"
The more you know...

Quote from: Lord T Hawkeye on May 03, 2011, 12:25:11 PMhttp://phantom-inker.deviantart.com/journal/40282083/?offset=25#comments

You gotta love people with their "I'm too edumucated to respond to you peasants!" nonsense.  The whole thing is just full of nauseating jingoism.

Yeah, I could only handle a line or two of the guy you were conversing with there.  Then I got the urge to claw my eyes out.
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

"This video straw man's Keynes so hard that I want to cry.
Ugh." --TheAnonymouz in response to this video:  [yt]d0nERTFo-Sk[/yt]
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"

And how does he explain the fact that lots of Keynesian economists said they did a good job putting his theory across?

He doesn't.

Quote from: surhotchaperchlorome on May 03, 2011, 03:46:55 PM
"This video straw man's Keynes so hard that I want to cry.
Ugh." --TheAnonymouz in response to this video:  [yt]d0nERTFo-Sk[/yt]

Sounds like something so stupid, it had to be from Krugman or Stiglitz. Except, if I remember correctly, even they liked the video. At least Stiglitz did. Krugman's gone so far off the deep end these days, he's not even relevant.

Quote from: Virgil0211 on May 03, 2011, 06:26:37 PM
Sounds like something so stupid, it had to be from Krugman or Stiglitz. Except, if I remember correctly, even they liked the video. At least Stiglitz did. Krugman's gone so far off the deep end these days, he's not even relevant.

Krugman should like it--they used his "hangover" metaphor!

May 04, 2011, 01:44:32 AM #821 Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 01:49:31 AM by surhotchaperchlorome
Quote from: MrBogosity on March 07, 2011, 06:39:55 AM
Related to the video that surhot just posted over in Fav Quotes by ProfMTH (God appointed Hitler?), I'd like to submit the first half of Romans 13 as a fail quote:

"1 Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. 2 Consequently, he who rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. 3 For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and he will commend you. 4 For he is God's servant to do you good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword for nothing. He is God's servant, an agent of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. 5 Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also because of conscience. 6 This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God's servants, who give their full time to governing. 7 Give everyone what you owe him: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor." --New International Version

I can already imagine my conservative agnostic ex-friend saying, "they only wrote stuff like that to avoid the persecution of that awful government..."

May 04, 2011, 04:29:41 PM #822 Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 07:55:00 PM by surhotchaperchlorome
[yt]HrFZLNZHwL4[/yt]

For saying that Osama's death is a good thing.
And that the military should be praised for it.

May 05, 2011, 04:06:37 PM #823 Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 11:09:04 AM by surhotchaperchlorome
Every post made by AmericanNohbuddy in the comments section of this video.
A sample, but from his profile: "If taxation is theft wouldn't the use of public property when you don't pay your taxes be trespassing?"