Fail Quotes

Started by Travis Retriever, October 17, 2009, 03:00:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
"I like this video. It is absolutely irrefutable evidence of design and complex thought used in the design of bacteria." --GoodScienceForYou, and everything else he's said.
The source is this video's comments:  [yt]gJVjTh98aHU[/yt]
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

Quote from: MrBogosity on April 10, 2011, 09:34:18 AM
He has a speech impediment that he struggles with.

Meh, it would be more impressive if he'd do his shows dead drunk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdxP-3gmNWI&feature=feedu  I like his anti vegan vids but man, he epically fails here
I recently heard that the word heretic is derived from the greek work heriticos which means "able to choose"
The more you know...

Quote from: Lord T Hawkeye on April 13, 2011, 08:13:24 PM
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdxP-3gmNWI&feature=feedu  I like his anti vegan vids but man, he epically fails here

I made it about 45 seconds in, then my head started hurting too much to continue.

Wait till you get to the part about how war is TOTALLY different than murder.

I should do a vid on this one some time.
I recently heard that the word heretic is derived from the greek work heriticos which means "able to choose"
The more you know...

Quote from: MrBogosity on April 13, 2011, 08:29:28 PM
I made it about 45 seconds in, then my head started hurting too much to continue.
And it's about to hurt even more.
check out the comments on this video:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ba030UmbkCo
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"

Quote from: Lord T Hawkeye on April 13, 2011, 08:13:24 PM

Oh, cmon now. I unsubscribe to him, because I can't understand half of what he is saying. Not his fault, not everyone is born an English gentleman after all.

But now this? Seriously.

April 15, 2011, 09:05:55 AM #787 Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 03:23:49 PM by surhotchaperchlorome
Every comment by MorganMarvinson in the comment section of this video:

[yt]x1a7t76K2dE[/yt]

Quote from: MrBogosity on April 10, 2011, 07:07:02 AMStatists chain up a dog and never let him run, which of course causes the dog to become vicious. They then say, "See how vicious that dog is? You see now why I have to keep him chained!"

Shouldn't this be in Fav quotes?

Quote from: Lord T Hawkeye on April 13, 2011, 08:13:24 PMhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdxP-3gmNWI&feature=feedu  I like his anti vegan vids but man, he epically fails here

I've already shared my thoughts on that train-wreck of a video with you over AIM last night.
The part that really freaked me out was around 0:57 when he actually defended the atrocities in the Bible.  That's a tactic I've only ever seen from full-blown Young Earth Creationists.

April 16, 2011, 03:53:37 PM #790 Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 04:47:07 PM by surhotchaperchlorome
From the comments of the video that Lord T Hawkeye shared:

"then you'd better be careful that your planned video doesn't backfire." --ThatGuyFromAustria
Is it just me or does that sound like a threat?

"Another fallacy - 'Religion is to blame for most violence in the world and/or history'
No. Though-out history individual groups had become prominent and to retain power they appealed to the masses by spinning whatever beliefs they subscribed to, whether religious or political in nature.
The communists in Asia proved that one doesn't need to be religious to be completely twisted and irrational. They didn't need a God to perform genocide and mass hysteria is not limited to religion." --canucktunes

By that 'logic', cancer is not to blame for the deaths of millions because you don't need to get cancer to die.
Also, I've never heard an atheist say religion was responsible for "all" the violence.  Given his lack of specific examples, I can thus conclude that atheist "fallacy" to be a strawman on his part.

"@OatSharpener Okay, just making sure. I don't think that is possible in the world that we live in today simply because it is far safer to not bother sending in troops to invade and instead just do damage from the inside. Besides, under certain circumstances, foreign intervention is justified, to a limited degree. I realize that Iraq and Afghanistan were mistakes, but to remove ourselves completely from them at this point would leave a country that utterly despises the US." --Delichtig

Translation:  AH THE SKY IS FALLING!! THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!

Yeah, what did he mean by "do damage from the inside"? Is that a dig at "illegal" immigration?

Quote from: MrBogosity on April 19, 2011, 09:22:30 PMYeah, what did he mean by "do damage from the inside"? Is that a dig at "illegal" immigration?

I have no idea.

Quote from: surhotchaperchlorome on April 19, 2011, 08:59:45 PM
but to remove ourselves completely from them at this point would leave a country that utterly despises the US."[/url]

And staying there will make them hate you less? How?