Fail Quotes

Started by Travis Retriever, October 17, 2009, 03:00:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A fail not for the quote, but what he ended up doing:

"Increasing America's debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that 'the buck stops here. Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better." --Barack Obama, 2006

"Without the nation state corporation becomes the state and not just any kind of state but the  worst kind of tyranny. In a nation state at least there is some sort of democratic participation through elections while in corporations workers have absolutely no saying in decisions.

They have to take orders from above and execute them without question or else they get fired.

This crap you're advocating is not free market but a total tyranny. Inequality, wage slavery and subjugation are not freedom."--Grindermetalhead in response to this video

So much for GMH being an anarchist...
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

Quote from: MrBogosity on January 06, 2011, 06:12:19 AM[yt]KR7xDqJNeTI[/yt]

And the annotation @0:55 - "You can't be 'free from religion' - because unsaved people always have a religion."
Yeah, sorry, but atheism is a religion in the same way 'clear' is a color. (and yes, I nabbed that from one of your posters on that issue. :P)
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"

His channel background is also a fail quote: 

January 09, 2011, 10:03:42 PM #620 Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 04:28:31 PM by surhotchaperchlorome
OK, from the comments of this video:
[yt]-_gU50mfehI[/yt]
Are some fail quotes.  In addition to pretty much every statist dickhead reply to FletchforFreedom, I got into a conversation with one of the wankers myself.
As usual, the fails are in red.

Me: "@FletchforFreedom
I would also add that, in a free market, they could be held liable (responsible) for any damages their product causes."

freedomrings442: "@vspqbd Yes you would also qoute milton friedman im not surprised. So its okay because, in this system you can kill people wth your product, but a court of law can fine you (doesnt bring them back frmo the dead) and then you can subvert the fine or declare bankruptcy or many other loop holes and escape ever paying it. Hmmmmmm. yeah. gotta love it" (Even stranger since I wasn't quoting Friedman.  He did right my post, right?)

Me: "@freedomrings442
For your benefit: /watch?v=xta4c731F-Y
and while I'm at it: /watch?v=fYWxflErVWk"  (I linked him to Shane's video replies to TheAmazingAtheist on pollution, etc, in a free market)

freedomrings442: "@vspqbd like honestly. are you at all aware that companies who cannot pollute their own land, pollute other peoples land? The bayer thing was a great example, they couldnt give the HIV infected medicine to americans, so they dumped it on other countries. THEY NEED MORALS to not act as such. but theyr blinded by the motivation of profit. Sure the may still be greedy, but being in a system that promotes profit making doesnt assist them to become any less greedy."  (*facepalms* He did not watch Shane's videos on the subject, I see...)

Me: "@freedomrings442 Considering I gave you videos rebutting that nonsense, forgive me if I an not impressed with your post." (Especially given he clearly didn't even try to watch said videos in the first place)

freedomrings442: "@vspqbd and i just rebutted your rebuttles. Just bcause a watch dog group stops pollution in one area, doesnt stop the problem caused by the motivation to get profits. They STILL DUMP THE POLLUTION ELSEWHERE. you should look into it a little further. just because some guy on youtube tells you somthing. doesnt make it true. Good video to support your beliefs though. if i stopped there id prolly believe what you beleive to. Go ask somalia what they thnk about pollution okay? thanks"  (Yup, he didn't watch the videos.  Otherwise, he would have noticed the sources provided in the descriptions.  Also, is it just me or can this guy not spell to save his life?)

*facepalms* You do know that Somalia isn't a free market right?
They do have a government. Try putting up a phone line there, and see just how nonexistent their government is.
As for the USA and other countries, if the polluters aren't made to restitution the victims for property damage, that's hardly the fault of the free market.
After all, who monopolizes the courts and police over most of the world?
I'll give you a hint. It's not the free market."

Also, you do know he provided sources for his claims right?
Way to not watch the videos."

January 09, 2011, 10:13:30 PM #621 Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 04:31:57 PM by surhotchaperchlorome
And his replies to my latest comments:

freedomrings422:  "@vspqbd yes, as i said. but you seem to believe that because a watch dog group helped preserve water in the UK, that the company responsible for the pollution, just magically stopped pollutiing. They still produced a product taht causes pollution, yet you seem to believe the pollution magically disapeared. i repeat. THE POLLUTION IS STILL PUT OUT INTO THE LAND JUST SOMEWHERE ELSE. he didnt seem to mention any of that. i stopped watching after it got to the deforestation for this reason."
(1.  Hasn't this idiot ever heard of crowding out?  Even my less-than-awesome economics text went into that.  2. I never said they would "magically stop polluting".  So his post is nothing but Strawman and Nirvana Fallacies, especially given that governments are the world's biggest polluters, even outside of war.)

freedomrings422:  "@vspqbd you dont think the US or the CIA helps harm the somalian government? why do you think we tried to stop castro in cuba? but the cubans supported him? its because they NEED places liek somalia to dump their polution. you understand that right. you understand there is no huge somalian company that is making massive profits that ispolluting their land. NO its US companies, with the help of the US government. if you really look into things youll see this. I recommend"
(Um...yeah.  He's just handwaving now.)

freedomrings442:  @vspqbd a people history of the united states by howard zinn, its a credible book not a youtube video, and i recommended it earlier. Its a great basis to start real research. you have to be open to everything. Trust me i used to think america was great and could do no wrong just like you, until i actually learned and welcomed other information. THE US WANTS PLACES LIKE SOMALIA SO THAT OUR BUSINESS CAN DUMP POLLUTION THERE. look into united fruit and their business in south america. please.
(Again, ignoring the sources Shane DID provide in the video description.  And he would know that if he had bothered to look...  Also, I'm not reading some book, in place of peer reviewed literature and official historical records, among other good stuff. Sorry.)

freedomrings442: @vspqbd If you cant see how, business interest use lobbyists to influence our government, the businesses within the free market, and you really believe our government is never corrupted and has never been a tool for companies to expand their wealth, i feel extremely soryr for you. You should look into halliburton and their no bid contract on the war. You should look into united fruit in south america as i said. look into things that dont just support your claims. and disprove them.
(*Facepalms* Is this guy fucking stupid or something?  What he describes is corporatism, which is NOT a free market by definition.)

(Geez; 4 near max sized replies to only two, or even one comment?  Damn.  I think I really struck a nerve in this guy. ^^)

That was a great example of the most common and idiotic case of hypocrisy on the Internet.

"LOL, just because a guy in a video says so, doesn't make it true!"

10 minutes later

"THIS GUY IN THIS BOOK KNOWS IT ALL! YOU MUST BE OPENMINDED"

From user named Dead-Eye, in this fun thread: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=116016

QuoteI would guess VictorM has researched the topic, but is in denial of his findings.

I'm pretty much at the end of my investigation into this matter, at this point there really is so much evidence to suggest a global banking elite controlling world events that to deny it is like denying you have cancer when your hair has fallen out of you're head and there are black patches all over your body.

An Illuminati-esk organization dose exists and is 100% real (They even have a website: http://www.lloyds.com/). People are in open denial of that fact, because subconsciously they know it's real but they are too afraid of the truth to face it. POM posted probably the best conspiracy in this matter:
[yt]qlpODYhnPEo[/yt]

It's sad because in reality there are people in the know (like myself) and people in denial (Like VictorM), vary few are the people that have no idea what the New World Order is and are prepared to have an open mind about the matter. Instead we have this thing where people in denial will fight and kick and scream because they are desperately trying to hold on to the old ways of thinking. They think they can't live without the system, the system is all they know, they must defend the system. Yet when someone in the know shows them the truth, that the system is all BS, they get mad and offended and try everything they can to demise the clams of the person in the know because they are too afraid to face the truth.

VictorM and myself are really on the same page, it's just that I'm not going to sit around and be in denial of the facts

I was pretty sure he is a troll, but I don't know what to think at his point

Look, I'm just going to do my best to shorten this thread:

Anything said by any conspiracy theorist ever.

That should cover quite a lot...

January 14, 2011, 09:50:13 AM #625 Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 11:01:44 AM by VectorM
I don't post anything on here unless it makes a really bad impression anyway.

Edit: Like this shit right here:

[yt]lddspVVdvxI[/yt]

Everything out of QQOQQ's mouth in this video is a fail quote: [yt]kx7XZAzz5a0[/yt]

Note how in the first two to three minutes he starts pulling crap right out of the Kent Hovind play-book.

Also, later in the video he says that the only way to have facts would be to have first hand accounts, e.g. either doing the experiments or being in the same room as the person doing them.
Yeah... I can't refute that exactly, but that smells like total bullshit.

I would have posted QQOQQ's original video, but it wasn't listed in the description, or did he accept the above as a video response.

"Either fight for legalization with the political process of STFU."--HeavyTrafficAhead on this video's comment section: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEEniqWDN7Y

Spoken like a true state cultist HTA...

Everything posted by JesusforLife2 on this video's comment section:  [yt]gmdNOC94USE[/yt]

Especially his claiming atheism is mutually exclusive from agnosticism AND his calling atheism "a belief".

Even after being corrected ad nauseam.