Fail Quotes

Started by Travis Retriever, October 17, 2009, 03:00:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
And I got this reply after telling him the country (USA) is corporatist.
Something tells me he doesn't even know what that means.
I think this guy's been watching way too much RSAnimated.

His latest reply to me:
"The USA is no corporatist, the unions in your country are a joke. Money is ruling your country since Reagan and it's neoliberal agenda in the 80's.

I prefer to live in west- or northern Europe.

The Police is the state. All the other security forces are private security companies. They can not be the police, because just the security force of the state can be a police force."

Yeah...
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

I bet he's horrible at coming up with puns too.

Pretty much every post by nofalltoofar on this video: http://www.youtube.com/comment_servlet?all_comments=1&v=lWBG8byqqUI

Especially the really stupid things, like how he thinks passive voice turns a verb into a noun and has no subject!

[yt]C1mTjWg-gh4[/yt]

The stupidest thing had to be the "public option will foster competition among insurance companies" crap.
Please!  When has ANYTHING government has done EVER fostered competition, ever?
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"

[yt]hijj3EGzCQQ[/yt]
The guy who posted this video to YouTube *IS* aware that every single thing he listed is because of government intervention, right?

January 03, 2011, 05:13:35 PM #605 Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 06:44:29 AM by surhotchaperchlorome
"@RaymondDundas
Monopolies are an inevitable reality, There are 5 monkeys.
7 Nuts, 4 monkeys get 1 nut, The biggest mo-fo gets 3.
Oh-Shit, Divide by zero, Your argument fails.
This is childishly simple stuff rofl."--DackIsBack in this video's comment section

And yet he can't point to a single example of a free market monopoly that was either granted government privilege which aren't free market by definition such as the East India Company, or not monopolies altogether (e.g. Standard Oil).

"@shanedk '...then STFU.'

Yup, as mature and sophisticated as always. Try this little koan on for size, black and white thinking is always wrong.

ta"--AutodidacticPhd

So Shane is immature because this guy can't provide any support for his claims?
That's rich...
Gotta love the ironic username.
I swear, the more you see a positive attribute in a youtube username, the less likely it is to apply.

January 03, 2011, 11:38:50 PM #607 Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 11:43:36 PM by VectorM
Quote from: surhotchaperchlorome on January 03, 2011, 05:13:35 PM
"@RaymondDundas
Monopolies are an inevitable reality, There are 5 monkeys.
7 Nuts, 4 monkeys get 1 nut, The biggest mo-fo gets 3.
Oh-Shit, Divide by zero, Your argument fails.
This is childishly simple stuff rofl."--DackIsBack in this video's comment section

And yet he can't point to a single example of a free market monopoly that was either granted government privilege which aren't free market by definition such as the East India Company, or not monopolies altogether (e.g. Standard Oil).

Link doesn't work. And his example makes no sense. Every monkey got a nut, so how does one monkey have a monopoly on all the nuts, when it only got 3 out of the 7? Being bigger than everyone else doesn't make you a monopoly. People who keep acting like it does are either delusional, or intentionally misleading.

Pretty much every post by sol3a1 on this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYWxflErVWk

Especially the really stupid things, like how he conflates a violent monopoly (government) with a matrix of voluntary exchange (free market).

What I have read of this article didn't impressed me.  At first, I didn't pay attention to who wrote this, but needless to say I wasn't at all surprised to find out that it was written by David Wong...
5 Reasons The Future Will Be Ruled By B.S. by David Wong

And based on Shane's prior evaluation of it, I think this next article is long overdue for posting in this thread.
5 Reasons You Should Be Scared of Google by Robert Evans

Quote from: surhotchaperchlorome on January 05, 2011, 01:02:18 AM
What I have read of this article didn't impressed me.  At first, I didn't pay attention to who wrote this, but needless to say I wasn't at all surprised to find out that it was written by David Wong...
5 Reasons The Future Will Be Ruled By B.S. by David Wong

Well, I can at least tell that he's an idiot. Example:

QuoteBut then the publisher invented a better book. An indestructible book called an ebook that could be read 10 billion times without ever falling apart. How much does it cost to manufacture this marvel? Not a goddamned penny.

So, writers work for free? Editors don't charge for their service? The people who do the typesetting etc. just do it out of the goodness of their hearts?

He's also wrong about the inevitability of self-destructive electronic products. Anyone else remember the failure of Divx? (The video player, not the codec.)

He's also ignoring the well-established fact that people WILL pay--even voluntarily--for things they find valuable. Someone reading a really good book will support the author, because they want the author to write more books.

Also interesting how he rails about Windows but completely ignores Linux.

David Wong is a geek version of a stereotypical anti-capitalist.

I`m a pervy version of a anti-capitalist.