Fail Quotes

Started by Travis Retriever, October 17, 2009, 03:00:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: MrBogosity on October 27, 2010, 09:14:16 PM
Response from the JREF: http://www.randi.org/site/index.php/swift-blog/1120-slates-wrong-headed-attack-on-peter-thiel.html
I'm afraid to ask, but is the JREF's response a fail quote, or something posted to add to Gumba Masta's point?
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

No, they tear the guy a new one. Read it.

I just read it.
To be blunt:  That should have gone in the fav quotes thread.

In it, I also saw an excerpt from the article Gumba Masta posted.
The shear amount of smarmy-ness and snootiness made me facepalm.
I would never be able to read Weisberg's entire article, at least not without vomiting.
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"

Like I often suspected, there's nothing altruistic about anti-capitalists. They're nothing but snobs.
I recently heard that the word heretic is derived from the greek work heriticos which means "able to choose"
The more you know...

[yt]6VbwYqV4Eog[/yt]

Don't get me wrong, most of the video is good.
It's when he gets to the politics part in the second half that he starts to lose it...
He seems to be implying that a ban = no people drinking it.
I take it he hasn't heard of the war on drugs.
I won't even get into that "we all bear the cost" stuff...

I'm really disappointed in him.
So shameful that he's yet another collectivist hack.

This one takes a bit of setup. In this video, user "tntdeamicis" is getting on my case because I'm so irresponsible telling people to get dangerous, toxic vaccines and so "negligent" because I'm actually pointing out the real-world data showing that car seats don't make children above two years of age any safer.

Anyway, he posted something that was confusing, and when I asked him what he meant, this was the first part of his reply:

Quotesorry, was driving when i sent it, so i mispelled it.

Sometimes, there just aren't the words...

Almost as bad as all those people that record their videos while driving.
On the other hand a nice twelve car pile up caught from inside one of the cars would rake in the views. If you survive to put it online that is. Or if someone else salvages your camera and does.

October 30, 2010, 01:16:30 PM #443 Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 02:03:51 PM by surhotchaperchlorome
I haven't even watched this, but judging by the title alone, it's fail quote:

[yt]qOP2V_np2c0[/yt]

I stopped it after 1:40, right after he said that it was from "reading too much Hayek" and we had to "get back to Keynes." What???

Indeed.
When have we NOT been using Keynes anytime recently?

I know! How do they go from "We're all Keynesians now" to "We need to start being Keynesians"?

October 31, 2010, 03:59:11 PM #447 Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 09:46:29 PM by surhotchaperchlorome
Quote from: Virgil0211 on October 19, 2010, 11:30:46 PM
I know I'm going to get heat this one, but...

Surhot, for being a total virgin. =P

Sorry! Don't hit!

Oh, yeah?
Well, I raise your virgin quote with this:
"If eve-er-lu-shun is real, where is the sun?"--Me.
:P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-lLuL7QAUA&feature=sub  My response to him said it all: So basically your argument is that through the use of coercion by voting, we can produce less coercion?

....and he still can't understand why I find him so funny?
I recently heard that the word heretic is derived from the greek work heriticos which means "able to choose"
The more you know...

Pretty much everything I've seen on this site so far is a Fail Quote, being presented as successes when in reality they're either useless posturing or more of what's created this mess to begin with: http://whatthefuckhasobamadonesofar.com/