Fail Quotes

Started by Travis Retriever, October 17, 2009, 03:00:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Gumba Masta on October 18, 2010, 04:24:01 PM
You really should'nt say stuff like that. For it will certainly come back to bite you, one way or another.

It's a bit of hyperbole for the sake of expressing the kind of anger I would feel in that situation. Then again, I'm very protective of my missus.

Quote from: Virgil0211 on October 18, 2010, 04:19:46 PM
I'm ashamed to say I was. I've never seen anyone make fun of someone's dead wife for the sake of making an argument before.

Happened to me all the time over on the Randi forums after it happened. One reason I'm no longer there.

Quote from: MrBogosity on October 18, 2010, 04:52:26 PM
Happened to me all the time over on the Randi forums after it happened. One reason I'm no longer there.

Wow... I'm just about speechless...

Rule of internet etiquite: If you wouldn't say it IRL, don't say it on the net.  The internet is not a magical morality shield.
I recently heard that the word heretic is derived from the greek work heriticos which means "able to choose"
The more you know...

I actually saw some of Shane's older posts and threads on that forum and damn....lost all respect for those forums. Imagine a forum with nothing but Thunderf00ts and Vogters. It was that bad.

(Completely unrelated note: would the plural of Thunderf00t be Thunderf33t?)

Quote from: MrBogosity on October 19, 2010, 12:54:33 PM
(Completely unrelated note: would the plural of Thunderf00t be Thunderf33t?)

I dunno. I think in this case it'd be more of a title rather than a noun, Thunderf00t being his online moniker. I think in that instance, the plural form would be the addition of an s on the end. I'd get around the problem by rephrasing it as 'multiple clones of Thunderf00t'. =P

"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

Quote from: Virgil0211 on October 19, 2010, 08:49:16 PM
Um, yeah. That only works if you have lube.
And are missing the part of the brain responsible for registering pain.
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"

Quote from: surhotchaperchlorome on October 19, 2010, 09:16:15 PM

I can speak from personal experience- it only hurts if you don't use lube, or alot of saliva. If you don't, yeah, it hurts quite a bit. Really, that bit needs to have an asterisk next to it.

October 19, 2010, 10:53:19 PM #417 Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 11:01:56 PM by surhotchaperchlorome
"Communism is good in theory, bad in practice."--People who a) don't know what the word 'theory' means b) haven't read up on communism or c) don't understand basic logic

I know I'm going to get heat this one, but...

Quote from: surhotchaperchlorome on October 19, 2010, 09:16:15 PM

Surhot, for being a total virgin. =P

Sorry! Don't hit!

October 20, 2010, 09:50:42 AM #419 Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 09:53:24 AM by surhotchaperchlorome
Happy 300th post. :P

I walked right into that one, didn't I?