Fail Quotes

Started by Travis Retriever, October 17, 2009, 03:00:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Not really laughing; sounds like a typical 4channer to me.

I read a few sentences in and said "This guy watches WAY too many mafia movies."
I recently heard that the word heretic is derived from the greek work heriticos which means "able to choose"
The more you know...

Quote from: MrBogosity on August 20, 2010, 10:28:28 PMNot really laughing; sounds like a typical 4channer to me.
I think you mean "\b\tard".
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

Quote from: Lord T Hawkeye on August 20, 2010, 11:07:41 PM
I read a few sentences in and said "This guy watches WAY too many mafia movies."
Oh no!
Now whenever I read that fail quote, I keep picturing being read in a really really bad Italian accent.
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"

August 22, 2010, 02:08:40 PM #304 Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 02:27:11 PM by surhotchaperchlorome
[yt]9E9dDOZaUlA[/yt]

QuoteI have to agree with you on that one. "The People" are usually responsible for more fuck ups than the government itself.

No words.  No words at all.
I recently heard that the word heretic is derived from the greek work heriticos which means "able to choose"
The more you know...

Oh yeah?

Who's the bigger fuck up? The fuck up or the fuck up who let's him stay in power?

The thing is, when people fuck up, they usually just fuck themselves. When government fucks up, they fuck up everyone else.

August 27, 2010, 11:05:22 PM #308 Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 11:08:42 PM by surhotchaperchlorome
wizkid2000 has his lucid moments.
This post isn't about those:

QuoteFor someone who loves philosophy, you seem to subscribe to some form of scientism. It's amazing how you don't understand how flawed this is."
--wizkid2000 to Stefan on this video:  http://www.youtube.com/comment_servlet?all_comments=1&v=rfsgCep9INQ
Cue ICP's Miracles:  [yt]_-agl0pOQfs[/yt]

Quote@gradiu3rox

Science is not the only or final arbiter of truth. For example a priori knowledge is true and not scientific. Anyone who understands basic philosophy knows that that god is metaphysical claim that can not be addressed by science.
--wizkid2000 to Stefan on this video:  http://www.youtube.com/comment_servlet?all_comments=1&v=rfsgCep9INQ
A claim that is meaningless without the real world (scientific) empirical evidence supporting the Austrian School.
Same question as to the anti-Austrians.
If the Austrian School's use of Praxeology is NOT scientific/empirical, how/why did it PREdict all the boom/bust cycles since and including the Great Depression, including the one going on right now?

August 27, 2010, 11:15:44 PM #309 Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 11:19:25 PM by surhotchaperchlorome
Found some more.
Disclaimer:  I didn't watch the video below (and I'm not going to), so I don't know if it contains anything that would violate your forum's rules, just so you know.

"Here's the problem: all of the people who understand anything about the subject recognize that evolution didn't stop at the neck.

He wants you to cite creationist hacks like Tim Wise, Gould or Flynn.

It just amazes me how people will deny something that is so obviously true. They've fallen for the 'culture', 'education' and 'privilege' mysticism."--Fringeelements,
comment on this video:  [yt]vLs2fXGOYGc[/yt] (posted so you can see his comment in the proper context)

After seeing him refer to Stephen Jay Gould as a "creationist hack" I simply HAD to post that as a fail quote.
It simply amazes me how anti-science so many Anti-statists can be.
Also, both of the videos above, are also fail quotes.
Enjoy. :3

And since when is Tim Wise a creationist?

Quote from: MrBogosity on August 20, 2010, 10:28:28 PM
Not really laughing; sounds like a typical 4channer to me.
In stark contrast to how cracked.com portrays them: http://www.cracked.com/funny-1143-4chan/
Damn, I couldn't get through that.  It was scary, yet, I wouldn't be surprised if (knowing cracked.com ) that is cherry picked, or worse...

How many times have we heard THIS one:
"@Surhotchaperchlorome That [Non-interventionist Foreign Policy] is how Hitler came to power. We wanted to stay out of europe's problems. I'm not saying your thinking is wrong, but we can't just stay out of things. We need a foreign policy that improves our image to the people of other countries, not just their leaders."--Pharaoh481

Please, not while I'm drinking! Tea came out my nose...