Fail Quotes

Started by Travis Retriever, October 17, 2009, 03:00:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: surhotchaperchlorome on May 20, 2010, 11:25:41 AM
Why he considers himself an Anarchist I'll never know.

Because he is a communist. Communism is ultimately supposed be anarchism, where people just naturally act as a social collective.

Quote from: VectorM on May 20, 2010, 02:01:36 PM
Because he is a communist. Communism is ultimately supposed be anarchism, where people just naturally act as a social collective.

Yeah; anyone else remember that Oingo Boingo song "Perfect System"?

No, how did that one go?

Quote from: Gumba Masta on May 20, 2010, 03:37:18 PM
No, how did that one go?

[yt]Qo30hYkJWzc[/yt]
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

Nightmare060 makes a fool of himself.  He asked for sources, I gave him Stefan Molyneux's exhaustive study of public healthcare as well as many others and I got this

So first of all, you are making a no true scotsman logical falacy in that it can't be "True" freemarket unless it's totaly unregulated.

Do you HONESTLY think that having doctors be lisenced so you know that they know what the fuck they are doing? If there were no regulations, any old person could come off the street, claim to be a doctor and sell snake oil to any person that doesn't know the difference.

You may as well throw out the ENTIER scientific method because people die while waiting. But get this; If we let drugs be unregulated, theres a thing called the BLACK MARKET! This will kill more people with fake medecine since there are those who only care about the money.

I never stated there was no regulation to begin with. You are putting words in my mouth. I am saying that social regulations need to be there because of the deceptive people who care more about money or religon than actualy helping people or science. You may as well allow faith healing hopsitals, as they would come without any sort of regulations! I remain neutral on the subject of echonomics because I do not yet understand enough about the subject to comment. And so, I can only comment on the social side of things and the ethics part of it.

If you honestly think that insurance companies, if they were alloud to create manopolies then they can and will deny newborn babies coverage because of pre-existing conditions. And also considering how BP are refusing to admit responsability for the oil spill off the gulf of maxico right now and are LITERALY saying things like "Oh the ocean can handel it, natural oil leaks out more than that", how can you honestly say that free market coperations are honest enough to keep the customers wellfare in mind rather than thinking of their own profits?
I recently heard that the word heretic is derived from the greek work heriticos which means "able to choose"
The more you know...

May 20, 2010, 08:41:02 PM #200 Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 08:48:39 PM by surhotchaperchlorome
Just reading the first line of that quote, you know he's full of shit.
As Shane has explained many times.
It's a continuum, not a dichotomy.

Also, did you try showing him Shane's video response to FightingAtheist and his pair of videos showing how to fix health care without spending a dime?
Where Shane debunks the claim about the AMA or no doctor licensing false dichotomy?
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"

Heh.
A reply he made to my comment:

"1: Better to force people to pay a small ammount each month that contributes better overall, than to force them to pay huge ammounts of money upfront.
2: Of course. I know their are charities. I love wildlife charities and wish I could do more to help. But for something as large as healthcare for the whole country I don't like leaving the door open to unregulated for-profit corperations is a good idea.
3: Not if they want to get re-elected."

Translation: "AHHH!! THE SKY IS FALLING!! THE SKY IS FALLING!"
What? He's presented just as much evidence.  Zilch.

Quote from: surhotchaperchlorome on May 20, 2010, 08:41:02 PM
Just reading the first line of that quote, you know he's full of shit.
As Shane has explained many times.
It's a continuum, not a dichotomy.

Also, did you try showing him Shane's video response to FightingAtheist and his pair of videos showing how to fix health care without spending a dime?
Where Shane debunks the claim about the AMA or no doctor licensing false dichotomy?

No, I lectured and shamed him like the child he is.  I told him that he gets an F for presenting no evidence to back up his statements, his knowledge of economics is an embarrasment and if he honestly gives a damn about the sick, he ought to get off his ass and do some homework on the subject rather than regurgitate propaganda from Micheal Moore films.
I recently heard that the word heretic is derived from the greek work heriticos which means "able to choose"
The more you know...

Quote from: Lord T Hawkeye on May 20, 2010, 09:59:18 PM
No, I lectured and shamed him like the child he is.  I told him that he gets an F for presenting no evidence to back up his statements, his knowledge of economics is an embarrasment and if he honestly gives a damn about the sick, he ought to get off his ass and do some homework on the subject rather than regurgitate propaganda from Micheal Moore films.
Yeah, I see what you mean.
Honestly, if you've seen my latest reply to him, well, fun fact about that.
I'm just so sick of hearing the same debunked bogosity again and again, I'm honestly to the point where I can't take their arguments seriously anymore.
Period.

May 21, 2010, 12:20:43 AM #204 Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 02:12:15 AM by Lord T Hawkeye
I don't take them seriously.  I laugh at them and hope maybe I can shame people for believing in such foolishness.

Though on another note...

"Slayer of Libertarians"?  What?  Is he hoping we're going to laugh ourselves to death?
The more you know...

May 21, 2010, 04:09:52 AM #205 Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 04:44:38 AM by surhotchaperchlorome
A few more grim covered gems on Lord T Hawkeye's videos:

Me:
"@Nightmare060
1. And your evidence for this doomsday situation is?
2. Why not?
3. Because that's worked so well in the past in this country, right?"

Quote1: What doomsday situation? Paying huge ammounts upfront is what you'd have to do in the US right now if you don't have insurance. And there are many documented cases of inusrance companies denying people coverage they desperatly need and making excuses, as well as denying babies because of pre-existing conditions.
2: To large a scale, no garantee that the money will be sustainable.
3: No corrupt poloticians screwing up the NHS thus far :3.
--Nightmare060

from comments on: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvEC71m7j4g

As you yourself said, dude, I bet ALL politicians wish everyone was that easy.
And yeah, I suppose I should have known he was from the UK....

Quote@lordthawkeye
I thought this was explained to you...
Nobody is bullying you into doing anything.
You're here by your own choice. If that wasn't true you'd live somewhere else.
That's the Social Contract.
"Myth #1" debunked.
next please...
--billburns2 on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djYq1fr9fKI

And now a poem/story thingie, by me.  It is called, "I killed a man: the social contract".

I killed a man.
I walked onto his land
and told him if he doesn't pay
rent to me I will make his day.

He said I have no right
to give him fright
unless he can do so to me
"No because I use your money
to provide goods and services to you.
You ungrateful lout.
You have the choice to leave."
"If I did the same to you
would you allow it for true?"

"No, for I claim ownership of this land
and of you, if you disobey, you'll die
you disobedient shrew!
If you want to leave that is fine, go ahead
I don't need the likes of you."

"What choice is that, to act as if liberty is given
and chains the default.
They are imposed, not of nature of her fault!"

"I refuse you
I will not pay.
I urge you:
Go Away."

*BANG*
"Justice is served.
He didn't obey his social contract."

THE END

Quote@lordthawkeye Making no sense I'm saying what will happen in anarchy and you ask why it isn't happening now? Can you seriously sit there, without actually addressing the issues, and make such blatently contradictory statements?
I'm saying in anarchy this will happen.
Then you ask why it isn't happening?
Let me get my spoon.
If there is no force, then the free rider problem becomes more wide spread than it is now. The reason it isn't more problematic than it is now, is because of force
--yytrert on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1B3FrISvypo

Note how he's asserted this many times, but never actually bothers to back it up...

May 21, 2010, 01:44:30 PM #207 Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 02:00:57 PM by MrBogosity
[yt]qEWz_CLLUsk[/yt]
What more needs to be said?

Man, billburns2 doesn't know when to quit.

Quote@lordthawkeye
Once again, you're comparing dictatorships, where citizens have no choice as to who governs them, and democracies, where we do.
The Social Contract entails choice: The choice of who governs you and the choice of leaving the country if you so wish. None of those are applicable in Haiti, Iraq (under Saddam), Germany (under Hitler), USSR (under Stalin) or any of the other extremes that you choose to falsely portray as free countries.
This really is too easy...

What scares and angers me the most about that is that people like BillBurns2 can vote.

QuoteWell you can't tell me exactly how we get to a free market, therefore, it's Utopian just like Communism.
--Some conservative imbecile who just admitted he pays lip-service to free market capitalism, and to "hating the government".

My reply:
1. Guilt by Association.
What, both free market capitalists and communists don't like the status quo, therefore we MUST want the exact same results?
Because obviously there is only a choice between the status quo and "utopia", right?
*facepalms*

2. So I suppose the American Revolution never happened?
Or the period of about 20 years of massive economic and personal freedom after the Civil War?
BASIC HISTORY FAIL