Fail Quotes

Started by Travis Retriever, October 17, 2009, 03:00:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
The second sentence is fail, too. First of all, there is no such thing as a "greenhouse gas." The carbon gases (like carbon dioxide and methane) increase the heat index of the atmosphere, which is why increased concentration raise global temperatures. Water vapor doesn't work like that. When it's in the form of humidity, it allows the atmosphere to hold in more radiation, which warms it, but when it's in the form of clouds, it increases the albedo, reflecting away more radiation, having the opposite effect. Also, water vapor is very good at staying at equilibrium--the water cycle removes new water in the atmosphere quickly, while carbon gases can stay in the atmosphere for upwards of a thousand years. Increased concentrations of those results in a new, higher equilibrium; not so with water vapor.

May 06, 2010, 11:47:53 PM #181 Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 12:09:55 AM by surhotchaperchlorome
Fixed.
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

May 07, 2010, 11:10:04 PM #182 Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 11:13:49 PM by surhotchaperchlorome
"@Surhotchaperchlorome I recommend revisiting the history of human civilization. It's been nothing but a purposeful quest for power and control over others. Most recently, the track record of the British empire in establishing countries around the world to farm could hardly be classified as random incompetence.

I wonder where the reflexive need to call this conspiracy theory comes from...perhaps that our entire lives have been spent believing the myth of the invisible hand and free market"--councilonsper.

What a fucking moron...
I probably wouldn't have put this in the fail quotes section if it weren't for the last part.
I mean come on, as I explained in this topic about Stefan Molyneux's videos, they clearly haven't thought this idea through.
And yes, the invisible and the free market, work.
What a fucking idiot councilonsper is.
Human history my ass, prove what they say or STFU.
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMzeY7rOJvQ

Challenge: How long can you watch and keep a straight face?

I seriously laughed hysterically for a good 5 minutes when he said the rich bring no value to society.  What is this asshole thinking?  That rich people just dropped out of the sky?

PSA voice: Your brain is a marvel of technology, but when you take Marxism, you alter your brain.  You change thinking patterns.  You distort perception.  And eventually...your brain just won't be the same.  Think about it, while you still can.
I recently heard that the word heretic is derived from the greek work heriticos which means "able to choose"
The more you know...

May 16, 2010, 12:47:17 PM #184 Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 03:30:42 PM by VectorM
QuoteThe basic structure of the internet was created by govt funding. If a private company had built the internet, it would be entirely different. The govt created the internet to be an open platform that couldn't be disabled by an attack, but a private company would've built a system that could be easily controlled for reasons of profit. Even as we speak, private companies are lobbying to gain more control of the internet and lessen its open structure.

MarmaladeINFP in this video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vG51uCrYxVM

Edit: The guy kinda got mad after I responded to him:

QuoteIf the government had no control over the internet, a monopoly would have control over the internet. If you don't understand that, your blindness to reality is amazing. Free markets only exist with regulation and effective regulation only exists with a government. Show me an example of a truly free market (fair, just & meritocratic) that has existed without any government regulation at all at any point. You can't. So just STFU!

Correct me if I am wrong, but I sure as hell don't remember reading about the telephone being a monopolized free market service, do you?

OK, last one, I promise:
QuoteThe black market demonstrates how monopolization happens without government regulation. The drug cartels will simply kill their competition and otherwise protect their monopolies at all costs. Even though they aren't regulated, it doesn't stop them from bribing officials. But that is just a mere inconvenience. Without any officials at all to bribe, their control would be complete.

May 16, 2010, 04:33:57 PM #185 Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 12:13:45 AM by surhotchaperchlorome
"The ATF and FBI have a file on me. If you don't have a FBI file you aren't doing enough against this tyrannical state."-- Militant-Mike1 on OKCupid.

Because doing god-knows-what he did to get that is the ONLY way to help the liberty movement, right?
*facepalms*

Don't get me wrong, this guy is pretty cool.
Damn near the rest of his entire OKCupid profile is epic fucking win.
The vast majority of which I will now post in the fav quotes thread.

also:  w00t!!! :D
Forum's back up y'all! :D

Quote from: VectorM on May 16, 2010, 12:47:17 PM
Correct me if I am wrong, but I sure as hell don't remember reading about the telephone being a monopolized free market service, do you?

Regarding the Internet, do people purposely forget that it is not centralized? This is not the Internet:

"Did you know that the hole's only natural enemy is the pile?"
"Dead Poets Society has destroyed a generation of educators."
  --The Simpsons, "Special Edna"

May 17, 2010, 04:46:47 AM #187 Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 06:36:24 AM by VectorM
Quote from: valvatica on May 16, 2010, 09:21:10 PM
Regarding the Internet, do people purposely forget that it is not centralized? This is not the Internet:

What episode is that? Started watching South Park again couple of months ago on their website and i am still at season 9.

Quote from: VectorM on May 17, 2010, 04:46:47 AM
What episode is that? Started wathing South Park again couple of months ago on their website and i am still at season 9.

Season 12, "Over Logging"  :)
"Did you know that the hole's only natural enemy is the pile?"
"Dead Poets Society has destroyed a generation of educators."
  --The Simpsons, "Special Edna"

I got someone saying that government is a non profit organization, no kidding.

When asked for an explanation for this insane statement, I got this.

QuoteGovernment doesn't run intending to make a profit. It uses money from taxes to provide services. Any "profit" (taxes less services provided) should either have been used in providing services, or shouldn't have been taxed in the first place (lower taxes). The government is not there to be making a profit (and this is perhaps why quite a few are in deficit right now)

Why yes, this person IS British.  How did you guess?
I recently heard that the word heretic is derived from the greek work heriticos which means "able to choose"
The more you know...

Did you explain to him that even a non-profit has to worry about staying in the black?

I'll be sure and bring that up but he'll probably just quote the twit who said debt is essential for a healthy economy.
The more you know...

"Nobody's granting anything on behalf of anyone else. YOU choose to live where you do, therefore YOU accept the contract.. Nothing to do with rape or any such nonsense.
No, I don't agree with everything my government does. This is the third time I've explained that those who believe in government don't believe that government can do no wrong. It's a Libby strawman. " - Our old friend Billburns on youtube

Some days, it's just too easy...
The more you know...

"No, it's not.
Libertarians seem to have trouble figuring out the difference between having a CHOICE to leave and being OBLIGED to leave."--Billburns yet again.
In response to me saying that the "social contract" is the leave-it-or-leave-it argument.

Man this guy is a tool.
Why he considers himself an Anarchist I'll never know.

May 20, 2010, 11:27:23 AM #194 Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 11:31:08 AM by surhotchaperchlorome
"1. ..and as an adult you can choose where you live - house, town, region, COUNTRY
2. Who said choices had to be easy? TANSTAAFL
3. You need to make the choice that is best for you. Obviously Canada ain't because you whine about it. Nobody is obliged to supply you with something just because you want it. That's not how the free market works.
4. You can accept the concept of social contract and still disagree with everything your government does. They're not not mutually exclusive"--billburns again.

I like how he's trying to use Libertarian memes (TANSTAAFL) and others to try and be ironic and play the gottcha game.
What a tool.

"Truth Warrior
Debunker of bullshit.
Slayer of Libertarians"--The idiot's profile page