Fail Quotes

Started by Travis Retriever, October 17, 2009, 03:00:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
July 31, 2016, 03:17:19 AM #7905 Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 06:23:09 PM by Ibrahim90
dug this up on facebook (originally in Arabic):

QuoteIf you consider that the word is six letters long:

What is the thing which has skin, yet is not an animal, has paper and is not a plant*, and a tongue but is not human?

some smart-ass gave this as an answer:

Quotebashar al-assad...

*the correct answer is "the book" (Ar. al-kitab); the word for paper is the same as the word for leaf (waraq); jild, the word for "skin", can also mean "book-cover"; lisan can mean both "tongue" and "language" (since there is writing).

EDIT: wait, why is this in fail quotes? it's supposed to be in Fav quotes XD
"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox

August 14, 2016, 01:58:05 AM #7906 Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 02:02:54 AM by Dallas Wildman

Nationalization, Cronyism, Overregulations et cetera.
Working every day to expose the terrible price we pay for government.

More stupidity from Facebook:

No lady, the rich are NOT the source of the poor's problems.  It's government privilege.
Working every day to expose the terrible price we pay for government.

Quote from: Dallas Wildman on August 26, 2016, 11:43:36 AM

No lady, the rich are NOT the source of the poor's problems.  It's government privilege.

Set her straight, Uncle Miltie:

[yt]WTLwANVtnkA[/yt]

Quote from: Dallas Wildman on August 26, 2016, 11:43:36 AM

So, she wishes/desires that people lose their fortune, because she thinks they ought not to have their fortune, and yet does not call this envy?

But that is the definition of envy...

And isn't she rich or something? I mean, she is a known actress.
"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox

Well, the Tested gang managed something utterly astounding:

[yt]nHAUfyQf7jU[/yt]

The guy on the right is a sculptor, and he manages to be vastly more irritating that Rebeca Watson.  She gets a 2:1 like:dislike ratio, but this guy manages a 1:2.

I'm wondering is Adam has decided that Tested was a bad idea and is trying to kill it by having guests on that nobody likes.

About Jodie Foster:  Is there any confirmation she actually said that, and when?  She's been an actress, off and on, going back 50 years, and the rhetoric sounds kinda antique, like it was something she said as a kid back in the 60's or 70's.  (She's not only someone you would expect to be wealthy, she's operated a production company, which is a business model that only works if there's large blocks of money looking for things to be invested in.)

Yeah, that's partly why I find it so questionable. It would come across as a conflict of interest.

Then again, we have Warren Buffet...

-Jesse Cox

Quote from: Ibrahim90 on September 02, 2016, 01:22:14 PM
Yeah, that's partly why I find it so questionable. It would come across as a conflict of interest.

Then again, we have Warren Buffet...

My point is that even is she said it, she might have said it back when she was an idiot child and has learned better since.

Warren Buffet, on the other hand, is clearly working an angle.

Yet another stupid internet argument, today with one AComissionReviewer

Redmond17/Altimadark: Obamacare resulted in me losing my health insurance...and having the cheapest replacement priced above what i can reasonably afford.

AComissionReviewer: For better coverage. So how's that a bad thing?

Just to re-emphasize, I cannot afford it. Because clearly you didn't catch that the first time.

So you could afford health insurance before but when it's cheaper you can't?

*headdesk*headdesk*headdesk*

The only reason I'm bothering to mention it here is on the off chance that Lord T Hawkeye would like to waste any of his time talking with a fellow Canadian about how "wonderful" the Canadian health care system is. 9_9

I'm Canadian, which means I live in a country with single payer healthcare and it's wonderful.

I frequent a message board where one of its most active members is Canadian. Often enough he points out how that "wonderful" system sucks.

Which message board because I'd love to see this person. Because if he thinks it sucks he clearly has done no research...

...yeah, kinda my fault for bringing LTH up to begin with. Not gonna direct him here to waste everyone's time, I think I've done enough of that already.
Failing to clean up my own mistakes since the early 80s.

Show him my UHC video and ask him why their politicians are constantly promising to fix their broken health care system and only 3% of Canadians think it works fine.

Quote from: Dallas Wildman on August 14, 2016, 01:58:05 AM

Nationalization, Cronyism, Overregulations et cetera.
It's also a long debunked copy/pasta.  Just because government does those things doesn't mean nobody else can, or that they wouldn't get done in a free market.  Especially egregious is the fact that many of those things are full on government monopolies, so competitors CAN'T spring up.  Insufferable.
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

This is a bit of an unusual one, because it's from the IEEE (a quite important standards body, you tend to see them in the context of electrical signaling standards, for those not into this sort of thing).

They're running this fun little contest for makers, see here:

http://transmitter.ieee.org/makerproject/

Since they have now cleaned this problem up, I'll give you the video from Dave Jones describing the idiocy:

[yt]KpXvt8HRdoU[/yt]

Went to check on the Presidential poles, and ran across a link to THIS gem:

http://beta.wplol.us/smartest-and-dumbest-us-presidents-ranked-by-iq-score/1/

Apparently, they've found someone who will claim they know the IQs of people who died decades before IQ tests were invented (including George Washington, John Adams, and Abraham Lincoln), and they decided to include several people who never have been president, including at least one who never will be (they put in both Hillary and Donald, and clearly whichever one wins will preclude the other from ever winning).

Funny, because I'm pretty sure our cavemen ancestors had a strictly plant-based diet, and yet with our "medicine" we manage to outlive them.

No Sovereign but God. No King but Jesus. No Princess but Celestia.

Quote from: BlameThe1st on September 17, 2016, 06:02:41 PM

Funny, because I'm pretty sure our cavemen ancestors had a strictly plant-based diet, and yet with our "medicine" we manage to outlive them.

It also doesn't explain vaccines.