Fail Quotes

Started by Travis Retriever, October 17, 2009, 03:00:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Bringing up the flat up conspiracy again. U should do an episode of Bogosity on it:
[yt]0-jdVt1qTWs[/yt]
"Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." - Frederic Bastiat.

Quote from: libertarian__revolution on January 06, 2016, 07:24:28 PM
Bringing up the flat up conspiracy again. U should do an episode of Bogosity on it:
[yt]0-jdVt1qTWs[/yt]

I think this one's a Poe.  Eric Dubay, who's making money off this idiocy, is a better target.

Some Bernie Sander supporter shared my "Average Bernie Sander Supporter" meme, and the comments are exactly what you would expect from them: https://plus.google.com/115071146236569053294/posts/HzBDi2PhkqZ

No Sovereign but God. No King but Jesus. No Princess but Celestia.

Amtrak's website

https://www.amtrak.com/home

Now, a lot of it's pretty good.  I does have all the information you would want about stations, their hours and amenities, and train schedules and amenities. However, the booking system is pretty stupid.  I sometimes check how much it would cost to travel by train to places I'd like to visit (I love train travel, if you have the time and money it's far more comfortable than flying, and you don't get groped) and I have run into really stupid problems of not being able to book straight through to a destination if an overnight layover is required.  (This tends to happen on most returns, as the train up to Montreal, QC, which is where I'd like to enter and leave Amtrak service, goes through Schenectady, NY, before the one that comes over from Chicago, IL gets there.)  Even worse, when I was looking at trains from Montreal to San Jose, CA, it won't let you book that one-way all the way as a single trip, you have to break it at Sacramento, CA, which doesn't involve an overnight layover, and then the return involves changing between the same trains that you change between at Sacramento on the way down at a place called Emeryville on the way back.

"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

https://www.yahoo.com/politics/trump-kkk-cnn-tapper-154053871.html

I only have this to say:

[yt]H6x4YK0XuiI[/yt]
"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox

CA Gov. Jerry Brown wants to raise the state minimum wage to $15/hr. His reasoning?

Quote from: Jerry Brown"Economically, minimum wages may not make sense. But morally, socially, and politically they make every sense because it binds the community together to make sure parents can take care of their kids."

Or to put it another way, "The science doesn't hold up, but I support it anyway because MAH FEELS!"
Failing to clean up my own mistakes since the early 80s.

Quote from: Altimadark on April 04, 2016, 04:58:17 PMOr to put it another way, "The science doesn't hold up, but I support it anyway because MAH FEELS!"

Isn't that the only reason regressives do anything?

Quote from: MrBogosity on April 04, 2016, 05:35:30 PM
Isn't that the only reason regressives do anything?

Regressives, fundamentalists, statists, politicians...  That about covers it. /venkman

This feels like one of those situations where something is so stupid it hits integer overflow and winds up being smart.

Zoolander 2 Is Too Offensive for Students, University Shows Deadpool Instead

Quote from: Altimadark on April 19, 2016, 09:07:26 PM
This feels like one of those situations where something is so stupid it hits integer overflow and winds up being smart.

Zoolander 2 Is Too Offensive for Students, University Shows Deadpool Instead
brb, head exploding...
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"

Really?!? They actually think this is true.
"The more laws and order are made prominent, the more thieves and robbers there will be."
Lao Tzu

Quote from: BlameThe1st on January 18, 2016, 05:32:27 PM
Some Bernie Sander supporter shared my "Average Bernie Sander Supporter" meme, and the comments are exactly what you would expect from them: https://plus.google.com/115071146236569053294/posts/HzBDi2PhkqZ
Reminds me of this furry dude I know who commented on it, being all smug and smarmy saying, "well you would also know that his supporters are very diverse, too much so to be summarized in a single picture like that!"
Um, yeah.  And today's game of:  Name That Logical Fallacy.
[spoiler]Appeal to Complication.[/spoiler]

Quote from: R.E.H.W.R. on April 23, 2016, 09:19:24 PM
Really?!? They actually think this is true.

@OP:  Um, yeah.  Citation needed.

This doesn't take into account expenses from medical tourism (necessary in many a case), or cases where people simply can't find tge needed medicine.

That's the insidious thing about these systems: the costs to people are there, but hidden. At least in the US, people can SEE there's a problem.
"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox