Fail Quotes

Started by Travis Retriever, October 17, 2009, 03:00:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: BlameThe1st on October 02, 2015, 12:59:22 PM
LOL! Looks like someone made a response (http://mylittletripod.deviantart.com/art/Statist-and-RWLPTBA-Anarcho-Peoplewhoopposeus-562437098) to one of my SAA comics (http://blamethe1st.deviantart.com/art/Statist-And-Anarchist-Anarcho-Syndicalism-560066529):

Stopped reading past the "viable voluntary alternatives" part.  I'm sorry, but I've yet to see that being anything but an excuse.  Get rid of the state, and those voluntary alternatives emerge, as they always do.  Mutual Aid societies anyone?
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

Quote from: Travis Retriever on October 03, 2015, 01:21:58 AM
Stopped reading past the "viable voluntary alternatives" part.  I'm sorry, but I've yet to see that being anything but an excuse.  Get rid of the state, and those voluntary alternatives emerge, as they always do.  Mutual Aid societies anyone?

Moreover, how CAN they emerge when you have government programs crowding them out?

There's a related questions that I often ask myself : If a governement in a country with welfare programs decides to go full free market, how much inertia can we expect from the system ? So let's say, I want a free market because it tends towards full employment, but at the moment I change the rules, people are still affected by the effects of the old system. How much time before unemployment benefits become useless ?
Is there any way to answer that question or is it the better option to just smooth it out by making requirement stricter gradually until benefits become useless (obviously affecting to some extent the free market system I'm trying to push while doing so, because the money have to come from somewhere) ?

Looks like this entire website is fail:

http://www.fitman-fi.eu/

It seems to be mostly written in buzzwords, and has no locatable description of what it's actually FOR.

Searching for likely buzz words (FI-PPP) turns up some sort of government-driven R&D project to develop new internet technologies, which doesn't look all that likely to pan out.

Quote from: evensgrey on October 06, 2015, 08:25:37 AM
Looks like this entire website is fail:

http://www.fitman-fi.eu/

It seems to be mostly written in buzzwords, and has no locatable description of what it's actually FOR.

Searching for likely buzz words (FI-PPP) turns up some sort of government-driven R&D project to develop new internet technologies, which doesn't look all that likely to pan out.

"MANufacturing"?  Are they TRYING to be sexist?
Working every day to expose the terrible price we pay for government.

You know how you all have been talking about starting a separate category from BBE and IE that highlights the most evil asshole? Can we start that this week and make the first nominee the Nobel Peace Prize winning president who greenlit this: http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/07/asia/doctors-without-borders-afghanistan-airstrike/

If that doesn't make him an irredeemable a-hole, I don't know what else will!

No Sovereign but God. No King but Jesus. No Princess but Celestia.

Quote from: BlameThe1st on October 07, 2015, 01:59:31 PM
You know how you all have been talking about starting a separate category from BBE and IE that highlights the most evil asshole? Can we start that this week and make the first nominee the Nobel Peace Prize winning president who greenlit this: http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/07/asia/doctors-without-borders-afghanistan-airstrike/

If that doesn't make him an irredeemable a-hole, I don't know what else will!

I'm really REALLY curious to see what comes out of this.

Quote from: AdeptusHereticus on October 07, 2015, 05:36:32 PM
I'm really REALLY curious to see what comes out of this.

The Obamatons have their apologetics all ready. Look at the YouTube discussions I've been having about it.

Example: https://plus.google.com/+shanedk/posts/SpPYKoEVuXF

if he were really sorry, he would have put a bullet in his mouth.

after-all, it's kind of hard mistaking a hospital for a terrorist centery--unless he thinks all Afghanis are terrorists by default. Either he's a cunt, or criminally incompetent.
"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox

The collateral damages argument really bothers me because of the nature of the method of choice, which are drones. If we follow the same logic to it's very end, there is no unacceptable deaths in a war. So what happens if we double the charge of the drone missiles ? And if we triple it ? And if we multiply it by 10 ? How far from the actual target is collateral damage ?

[yt]HPRr0D1qywo[/yt]

So I watched this...wow.  Good lords, so many claims so fast.  Did this guy go to auctioneer school or something?

Jesus, at first I took offense to the "well he plays video games" comment Tristan from Primal Edge Health made about him...now I kinda agree with it.  Jesus.

So too many points to go through individually, but here are the main ones I stuck around long enough to see and find problems with:

1) Blasting Layne Norton for having a PhD and how it's used as an appeal to authority...while making nonstop appeals to authority to people who agree with him throughout the video.

2a) Ignoring that blood lipids on a ketogenic diet tend to improve even more for most people compared to a low fat diet (he does know the body can bio-synthesize those SFA from carbs, and can make its own cholesterol in the liver, yes?).

2b) Bitching about saturated fats being bad for you; despite the fact that  coconut oil--a vegan fat source--has more saturated fat than any animal source, if not of all fat sources, period.  yet is actually very good for you.  Meanwhile, palm oil, another vegan SFA source and the kind in most commercially available food products, tends to be somewhat bad for people (young, lean, and physically active vegetarians at least) compared to PUFAs:  http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24550191
So it's not a matter of it being a SFA, OR it being from an animal or vegetarian or vegan source.  It doesn't work that way.

3) Going on nonstop about corporate/mainstream validation...while supporting the folks in government who agree with him--thus making his position the more mainstream one as it's the one with government support--and the fact that grain farmers are the ones with the most money to lobby congress (how does he think the food pyramid became a thing?)  So...double standards much?

4) Tons of pointless  #3edgy5me   humor, which, while it did get a chuckle or two from me, was so much of the video, it dragged it out longer than needed.

5a) Ignores studies like this one:  http://www.amazon.com/The-China-Study-Comprehensive-Implications/dp/1932100660 that showed that vegan diets are actually dead last in terms of life expectancy, with people who eat meat & fish being above them, followed by vegetarians, with vegetarians who eat fish being #1.

5b) Considering the slew of lifestyle co-founders like smoking, binge-drinking, being fatter, eating processed meats like cold cuts, activity levels, to name but a few, and considering nutrients like Zinc that red meat has, it's not too hard to explain why those eating meat, fish and other animal products weren't at the top of the list. ;)

6) Whining about corporate/industry funding about milk and eggs.  I think I'll let Alan Aragon get this one:

"*Funding bias?*
And then comes the question of funding source. Are Dairy Council dollars really that good at keeping the overwhelming majority of RCTs in favor of milk for improving bone integrity? If it were true, then we'd at least see a reasonable set of independently-funded experimental data consistently showing that the Dairy Council is wrong. Too bad it doesn't exist. And keep in mind that the dairy industry doesn't have its political talons sunk into every peer-reviewed journal, so there's actually plenty of room for opposing results if they indeed could be derived without the bias. You would think that after decades of bitching over industry bias, staunch anti-milk groups would be able to pool together the resources to spawn at least a small handful well-controlled experimental trials that consistently support their agenda and amusing position that milk does not do the human skeleton good. Nope, hasn't happened."--Source:  http://www.simplyshredded.com/qa-with-nutrition-expert-alan-aragon-milk.html
What's more, he never uses that political crap they pull as a reason to say, "And this is why we shouldn't have government or politics involved in science, period!" As usual, what's not said always says more than what is...because that would mean his own political funded experts being denied funding they couldn't get in a sane world. That's what he doesn't want to happen.  Isn't it?

Wait, I haz moar:
7) Going on about steroid use with Layne. Okay, even if that's true, unless he can show that the rest of his weight class's competitors are clean, I fail to see how that invalidates any of his methods or world records. At worst, it's a false accusation, at best, it's someone going to a dwarf convention and singling one of them out for being short.

Hell, I say all this as a guy who normally has sympathy for the edgy and provocative crowd and black sheep in general. I can forgive damn near everything if the person is at least, you know, correct/honest.
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

This kind of response is not going to go away any time soon. If this guy and people with the same political beliefs were interested in how libertarians get their principles about individual rights, they probably wouldn't be statists anyway.