Fail Quotes

Started by Travis Retriever, October 17, 2009, 03:00:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: R.E.H.W.R. on September 06, 2015, 11:40:10 PM
[yt]BoWVV_5WrDQ[/yt]
*sigh*
Shane really needs to do a "How To Argue for Gun Control" video/DA Journal.
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

But why do you still pay attention to this guy ? With the amount of bullshit found in his videos, don't you feel that he's a waste of time ?

Saw this in my Facebook feed. On the one hand, it's a relief to see less lefty bullshit, but on the other hand this righty bullshit is equally nauseating.

Quote from: AnCap Dave on September 08, 2015, 03:26:08 PM
Saw this in my Facebook feed. On the one hand, it's a relief to see less lefty bullshit, but on the other hand this righty bullshit is equally nauseating.

I guess they forgot the two aren't mutually exclusive.  Hint:  what does NAZI stand for?
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"

September 16, 2015, 02:46:21 PM #7834 Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 02:50:05 PM by Travis Retriever

Some of the comments to my latest Statist and Anarchist comic on DA: http://blamethe1st.deviantart.com/art/Statist-And-Anarchist-Auditions-561457893#comments

Yeesh! I decide to start making fun of Republicans (after a year of making fun of Dems) and some of my followers are flipping their lids. Guys, they're both statists parties. My comic makes fun of statists. Republicans are statists, and I don't care how much they boast of being for "limited government, fiscal responsibility, and individual liberty." They need their fair share of ridicule, especially now that Trump is leading the polls. That guy is as "libertarian" as Obama. He pretty much makes Obama look like a libertarian in comparison. :/

No Sovereign but God. No King but Jesus. No Princess but Celestia.

Hell yeah W. ! Snatch that sweet martyr ass !

Quote from: BlameThe1st on September 20, 2015, 09:27:23 PM
Some of the comments to my latest Statist and Anarchist comic on DA: http://blamethe1st.deviantart.com/art/Statist-And-Anarchist-Auditions-561457893#comments

Yeesh! I decide to start making fun of Republicans (after a year of making fun of Dems) and some of my followers are flipping their lids. Guys, they're both statists parties. My comic makes fun of statists. Republicans are statists, and I don't care how much they boast of being for "limited government, fiscal responsibility, and individual liberty." They need their fair share of ridicule, especially now that Trump is leading the polls. That guy is as "libertarian" as Obama. He pretty much makes Obama look like a libertarian in comparison. :/
Zucca really needs to learn that "strawman" isn't a magic iWin button.  Explain how/why it's a strawman, bro, otherwise, it's just excuse making.

That's it Richard Dawkins has lost his fucking mind!

Richard Dawkins trades in his intellect for a tin-foil hat!
Working every day to expose the terrible price we pay for government.

Quote from: BlameThe1st on September 20, 2015, 09:27:23 PM

That was how it was for me, only in reverse: whenever I was going after people that leftists hated, like creationists or George W. Bush, I was great. Then Obama got elected, of course I went after him just as much, and they all griped about how I'd lost my mind.

Quote from: Dallas Wildman on September 22, 2015, 04:14:09 AM

He just doesn't get how young engineers get their start. Taking apart/putting back together (and having it still work) is just the first step. Does he expect him to be able to solder a PC board his first time out?

Quote from: MrBogosity on September 22, 2015, 06:40:29 AM
He just doesn't get how young engineers get their start. Taking apart/putting back together (and having it still work) is just the first step. Does he expect him to be able to solder a PC board his first time out?

That is completely true and this is a very important point to keep in mind. But at the same time I don't see him as unreasonable to consider the opinion of people who can make the difference between something put together or just reassembled because as the author of the article Dawkins provides says, at the very least it gives perspective on the media treatment of the case, Obama's reactions and the social media trend. Obviously they loose me when they begin to assume intent, but it was interesting nonetheless.

That doesn't change a thing about the rest and I still think the school and the police we wrong though. Unless they have Ahmed on record saying to his friends that this is a mock up bomb, this was a non event and he got cuffed over it.

Quote from: Dallas Wildman on September 22, 2015, 04:14:09 AM

dude, the guy lost his mind ages ago. What took you so long?  :P
"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox

To be fair, Dawkins himself never said whether the boy made or did not make a clock. What he said was (essentially), even if he didn't build a clock, from scratch, police involvement was unnecessary.

Also, some of the blame for us "being fooled", if such is the case, is the media's usage of the word "invent" here. The boy didn't "invent" anything. Clocks have existed for hundreds of years now. At best, he crafted a hobby clock, at worst he put an existing clock in a new container. Neither thing is a crime. 

Quote from: MrBogosity on September 22, 2015, 06:40:29 AM

To be honest, if he's really been an electronics hobbyist for any length of time, by 14 he should be beyond just reformatting an existing device like that.  When I was 14, I started an electronics course and within a few weeks I had built a power supply, on it's own PCB, which I designed and etched.  (Back in 1985, it was a linear one.  Switching supplies were considered well beyond what highschool students were up to in those days.  Now, switching supplies are relatively easy to build and so much more efficient that linear supplies are almost never built outside of specialized applications that can make use of specific features of linear supplies.)  I built a device that was functionally equivalent to a bullhorn in the same course, again designing and etching the board myself.