Fail Quotes

Started by Travis Retriever, October 17, 2009, 03:00:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
The people defending the shitfest that was the AVGN movie.

One comment I received on my Facebook account:
QuoteNot only do I continue to disagree with you on this and honestly do still feel that you are completely missing the point of the movie, but after actually reading those points, I actually disagree with them and feel that especially points #1, 2, and 5 are actually the exact opposite of true from where I sit having laughed at the jokes, found them clever, the acting serviceable and outright see #5 the opposite of how you see that point, and points 3 and 4 aren't even remotely as big a deal as you're making them out to be. #3 especially, is what I, in fact, liked about the movie more than anything else, and #4 is just the ultimate in looking for something to nitpick. I still can't even say I understand where you're coming from at all with this.

The numbers he's referencing come from a piece I posted on my website.

[yt]wfDMHF2N7jI[/yt]
Notice he doesn't mention #notyourshield or how we were compared to ISIS?
"The more laws and order are made prominent, the more thieves and robbers there will be."
Lao Tzu

Quote from: R.E.H.W.R. on September 15, 2014, 02:49:51 PM
[yt]wfDMHF2N7jI[/yt]
Notice he doesn't mention #notyourshield or how we were compared to ISIS?
Of course he won't be on his game with stuff like this.  Ironic that he's actually not too bad when it comes to Economics...
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

Quote from: FSBlueApocalypse on September 16, 2014, 08:10:21 PM

Did she just admit that the Paycheck Fairness Act would make capitalism illegal?

Quote from: MrBogosity on September 16, 2014, 08:46:57 PM
Did she just admit that the Paycheck Fairness Act would make capitalism illegal?
And that it would dismember men? This pay gap thing is has been debunked so many times it's just pathetic to see people bitching about it.
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"

Quote from: Travis Retriever on September 16, 2014, 09:03:24 PM
And that it would dismember men? This pay gap thing is has been debunked so many times it's just pathetic to see people bitching about it.
^QFT. Also, capitalism being legal =/= "men rule the world". If there was a capitalistic reason for a specific woman to be paid more that a specific man, than so be it. If you ignore the top 15% of wage earners, the "gap" disappears. If you focus on the bottom 15, (or so), the gap is exactly reversed from what they say it is.

Like I've said before: "let's talk about this 6 year vacation..."

September 17, 2014, 12:27:52 PM #6607 Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 12:37:58 PM by Travis Retriever
https://twitter.com/emorottie/status/512272032721936384
https://twitter.com/emorottie/status/512272194739523585
Ex post facto justifications...such lazy thinking.  Needless to say if I have kids, I won't be leaving them with this douche.
Inb4 my posts are ignored.
Inb4 "HUR DUR DEM SCIENTISTS NEVER HAD KIDS THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT!" "I WAS SPANKED AS A KID AND I TURNED OUT GOOD LOL!"

As Hawkeye said to me:
It's like I was saying to Wraith the other day.  A common trait of woos is they have to whip out these false dichotomies all the time.  Beat your kids or don't parent at all.  Explain how the universe came to be or God did it.  Explain how every single aspect of society would be handled from here until the end of time or statism wins by default.  It's such lazy and sloppy thinking, I don't know whether to pity these people for their weak thinking or be insulted that they think I can be sidelined that easily.
I mean, are they REALLY that feeble minded that everything has to be a binary choice?  Good lord, they must faint every time they walk into a supermarket.

So I just gave my above post and the ones you posted to him as well.  Yeah, sorry, I will NOT allow that crap to be on my feed without addressing it.  Kinda hard with Twitter's character limitation, but at least I tried. :(

Quote from: Travis Retriever on September 17, 2014, 12:27:52 PM
https://twitter.com/emorottie/status/512272032721936384
https://twitter.com/emorottie/status/512272194739523585
Ex post facto justifications...such lazy thinking.  Needless to say if I have kids, I won't be leaving them with this douche.

Unfortunately, there are a lot of people that think exactly that way. The one thing in that whole thing he said that is actually correct is that such thinking/behavior tends to be generational (the exception being those that make a deliberate effort of some sort to break the cycle). That being said, even if we were to go by that: Can you guarantee that your not going to leave a mark everytime? What happens in case of accidently "swatting" to hard? Angry guy with a belt in his hand is hardly in a position to be the best judge of how much swatting is acceptable. Oh, and most of the time, spanking is more an expression of the parent's anger than whatever the child did, as any reasonable person would see that doing just about anything else would be more likely to stop the behavior. I know for me, getting a spanking might modify it for a day or two, buy getting something taken away or something produced results.

Can you smell it? Smells like desperation.

Quote from: D on September 17, 2014, 06:09:20 PM
Can you smell it? Smells like desperation.

Dude, I smelled this a mile away.  This isn't the first time we've heard the fake death threats crap.  I mean, come on guys, we aren't falling for it.  Give it up already!

Quote from: Travis Retriever on September 17, 2014, 06:12:03 PM
Dude, I smelled this a mile away.  This isn't the first time we've heard the fake death threats crap.  I mean, come on guys, we aren't falling for it.  Give it up already!

Yeah, but this is clearly a diversion from this.

Quote from: D on September 17, 2014, 06:16:29 PM
Yeah, but this is clearly a diversion from this.
Mother of god.

[yt]W39TtF14i8I[/yt]

Claims governments control the currency in order to curb inflation.

BWA HA HA HA HA HA!!

Fans got pissy at me for calling him naive too.  ^_^
I recently heard that the word heretic is derived from the greek work heriticos which means "able to choose"
The more you know...

Quote from: Lord T Hawkeye on September 18, 2014, 02:31:49 AM
[yt]W39TtF14i8I[/yt]

Claims governments control the currency in order to curb inflation.

BWA HA HA HA HA HA!!

Fans got pissy at me for calling him naive too.  ^_^

It didn't take them long to resort to the ad hominems, did it?