Fail Quotes

Started by Travis Retriever, October 17, 2009, 03:00:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Skm1091 on June 13, 2014, 10:24:34 PM
[yt]CbqNIbjcv_w[/yt]

its old but ai yai yai

plenty of fail in the comments as well.

Jesus Christ Is The Almighty Creator † King James Bible Colossians Chapter One (long isn't it) says.

and the people who gave him 70+ thumbs up

MG42pillbox
and the people who gave him 40+ thumbs up
Didn't this guy go to jail for fruad?
"The more laws and order are made prominent, the more thieves and robbers there will be."
Lao Tzu

Quote from: R.E.H.W.R. on June 14, 2014, 12:15:03 AM
Didn't this guy go to jail for fruad?

tax fraud IIRC, yes.
"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox

June 15, 2014, 08:50:52 AM #6123 Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 09:35:47 AM by Travis Retriever
http://www.furaffinity.net/journal/5827098/
Quote from: an arrogant fucktardSo, I need to have a serious discussion with those of you whom actually have the capacity for critical thinking.

When you guys go into a library, you know how it's considered part of the rules to not make a loud ruckus, and generally be polite and quiet, right? How about when you're at a restaurant- It's considered rather rude to be flinging your food at others, correct?
What about going to a movie theatre? Everyone knows that talking loudly is something frowned upon, correct?

Okay, let's get a bit more nitty-gritty.
When you're on the road, you know better than to try to sideswipe someone for cutting you off, as it's against the law.
When you're in a movie theatre, you know it's illegal to shout FIRE! when in the middle of watching a movie, yes?
What about getting pulled over, and attempting to tell the cop "Well, I didn't know speeding was against the law!" and expecting to be given a free ride?

There's a lot of this going around on FA here.
People are not reading the rules, and then when they get slammed by the admins or warned of their actions being a violation of the AUP, the Code of Conduct (CoC) or otherwise, they actually lash out against them, making the excuse of

"Well, if you're going to report me, what about everyone else on the site getting away with it?"

And this? This statement right here? It's the pinnacle of arrogance; You consented and agreed to the rules, AUP, CoC, and all that pertained to this site. You've NO excuse for such rudeness, or plea that just because there are others "getting away with it" that you should be allowed to ignore the rules.

You agree to the laws of your country/state/nation because they are the rules of that area, because you know they are there to ensure activites are kept within merit. You AGREED to the laws of this site because they are the laws of this site, and if you didn't, you shouldn't be so arrogant as to assume that you shouldn't be punished for violating said laws.

I am so irate about this right now, and it's a very BIG aspect of my daily life. So what're your thoughts on this matter?
Because calling out special pleading is just total arrogance right? Because we all know the "social contract" would totally hold up court if a private body tried to pull that shit, right? Fuck you OP.
And as a side note, I never understood the massive EULAs and how those are even considered a legit thing...I mean, last I checked, a contract (a legit one anyways) requires a meeting of the minds...and yet even the companies themselves know (as evidenced by #3 on this list http://www.cracked.com/article_19162_6-hilarious-ways-game-designers-are-screwing-with-pirates_p2.html ) that no one reads those damn things...ditto for the agreements on sites like that, albeit to a lesser extent.

Interestingly enough, another comment from this guy: "Honestly it doesn't really matter much anyways: With skype, all communications through their client are routed to a server, where the NSA has free reign to search through at their leisure." (source: http://www.furaffinity.net/journal/5849153/ )  In light of the above comment, I've got my eyebrows raised as to how he knows that...And yeah, figures if that's true.  RIP: 4th Amendment.
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

Quote from: Travis Retriever on June 15, 2014, 08:50:52 AM
http://www.furaffinity.net/journal/5827098/Because calling out special pleading is just total arrogance right? Because we all know the "social contract" would totally hold up court if a private body tried to pull that shit, right? Fuck you OP.
And as a side note, I never understood the massive EULAs and how those are even considered a legit thing...I mean, last I checked, a contract (a legit one anyways) requires a meeting of the minds...and yet even the companies themselves know (as evidenced by #3 on this list http://www.cracked.com/article_19162_6-hilarious-ways-game-designers-are-screwing-with-pirates_p2.html ) that no one reads those damn things...ditto for the agreements on sites like that, albeit to a lesser extent.

Interestingly enough, another comment from this guy: "Honestly it doesn't really matter much anyways: With skype, all communications through their client are routed to a server, where the NSA has free reign to search through at their leisure." (source: http://www.furaffinity.net/journal/5849153/ )  In light of the above comment, I've got my eyebrows raised as to how he knows that...And yeah, figures if that's true.  RIP: 4th Amendment.
Okay, so I got a reply, but from a bloke, "That's because its not true. He is either referring to his own paranoia or the Snowden files which listed Skype as a data collection point. The difference is that in the Snowden files they listed it as a forcible action, as they had tapped into the system at points to capture data, rather than the data being made accessible to them. Anyone can capture data but skype, like most any good IM client encrypts its data, therefore it becomes considerably harder to determine the contents and takes quite a bit of cpu cycles to get it, on the order of not being worth it unless they want to arrest you for something and need evidence or suspect you of terrorism.

However, and here is the big however, Skype, being owned by Microsoft, must comply to US law and as such states in it's own ULA, "Skype will retain your information for as long as is necessary to: (1) fulfill any of the Purposes (as defined in article 2 of this Privacy Policy) or (2) comply with applicable legislation, regulatory requests and relevant orders from competent courts." This means it has both the power and ability to decrypt the messages itself, and will do so if pushed by a warrant or other legally required means to produce ot intercept chat/video/file sessions. It may also randomly decrypt data in order to check message and system quality, though this is usually performed by an automated computer system and no one ever really sees it. This is true of ANY major IM service that is U.S. based, as it is unlawful to refuse the government's lawful request for such data, the same as if you refused to hand over evidence in a murder trial. Refusal of such a request can cause jailtime, financial fines, and/or closure of business, as breaking the law often has many consequences.

Anyway, those are extreme examples and seldom used, mainly due to the complication and paperwork pile necessary to grant them.

TLDR; So keep using skype, none of us are important enough for anyone to listen in. ;)"
Very interesting.
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

[yt]mLBiHO4MDsA[/yt]

I got this in the same thread that Shane started in my google plus comment notification

Rio8D says

QuoteWow you're a fucking idiot. Who were the victims stabbed!? Oh, that's right, they were his room-mates. Also, strict gun laws are not suppose to stop gun violence but rather lower the rate at which it is committed. As a result of California's strict gun laws only 3 people died from firearms.

Edit: Sorry forgot to also mention that the flaws in the gun laws. The shooter was able to attain guns even though he clearly had mental issues. His family even reported the shooter to the cops, but nothing was done about it.

"The more laws and order are made prominent, the more thieves and robbers there will be."
Lao Tzu

Quote from: R.E.H.W.R. on June 16, 2014, 12:08:09 PM

Ignoring the, well, ignorant assumption that the US has any sort of a free market for internet, the merger means nothing at the end of the day. The two companies did not compete within the same postal code.

Dear God, the comments on this video are stupid.
[yt]NW_xJqPjE_I[/yt]
Lao Tzu

In my trolling of Tumblr, I found a link to this tweet:
QuoteRape kits were developed to medicalize & quantify sexual violence, & we have a national backlog of 500,000+. #BelieveSurvivors

Quote from: D on June 17, 2014, 12:12:08 PM
In my trolling of Tumblr, I found a link to this tweet:

The statistic sounds correct, though.  Many of the larger cities in the US have 20-30 YEARS of backlogged rape kits still waiting for testing.  One prosecutor started trying to get movement on the backlog in her city, and when she finally did they discovered a number of previously unsuspected serial rapists, as well as actually solving a fair number of such cases (unfortunately, often after numerous other people were also harmed by these same individuals).

(Think about that backlog period.  Rape kits really only got started about 30 years ago.  That there are many that old that have never been tested shows that the police departments involved were never interested in seriously investigating these crimes.)

Lao Tzu

Quote from: R.E.H.W.R. on June 17, 2014, 06:49:41 PM

That is probably THE worst poster supporting democrats I've ever seen. I mean, they don't even take the effort to even remotely attempt to refute the points they brought up and just threw their own voting points in.

Quote from: D on June 17, 2014, 07:40:21 PM
That is probably THE worst poster supporting democrats I've ever seen. I mean, they don't even take the effort to even remotely attempt to refute the points they brought up and just threw their own voting points in.

because you can't.
"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox

*sigh*
Lao Tzu