Fail Quotes

Started by Travis Retriever, October 17, 2009, 03:00:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
August 22, 2013, 04:04:02 AM #4065 Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 04:08:00 AM by dallen68
Quote from: tnu on August 22, 2013, 02:44:26 AM
It's really a matter for the owners/managers to settle disputes between workers and/or clientele and deal with them accordingly.

Which is fine, as long as there's something somewhere that says "this specific action will result in this specific consequence", at least within that organization. As opposed to, "I'm in a bad mood today, so everything you do bothers me, so I'm going to complain."

"still waiting on any evidence Stalin was actually responsible. I didn't blame the free market i blame the weather that caused it and the free market that made it worse. A lot like claiming capitalism and America had nothing to do with the slave trade that killed 150 million Africans". - MaoistRebelNews2  in reply tot this post by AmericanWarrior1776 -"You got it backward blaming a free market economy for holodomor is like Frieza blaming the metor."
From this video analyzing dragon ball z from a marxist perspective: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhKRCTIZIA4

Quote from: nilecroc on August 22, 2013, 11:39:31 AM
"still waiting on any evidence Stalin was actually responsible. I didn't blame the free market i blame the weather that caused it and the free market that made it worse. A lot like claiming capitalism and America had nothing to do with the slave trade that killed 150 million Africans". - MaoistRebelNews2  in reply tot this post by AmericanWarrior1776 -"You got it backward blaming a free market economy for holodomor is like Frieza blaming the metor."
From this video analyzing dragon ball z from a marxist perspective: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhKRCTIZIA4

Does MRN2 block people a lot?

Quote from: nilecroc on August 22, 2013, 11:39:31 AM

"There has never been a free market in all of history! Except when there was slavery, then that was TOTALLY a free market!"

August 22, 2013, 04:15:05 PM #4069 Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 04:31:22 PM by nilecroc
Quote from: MrBogosity on August 22, 2013, 01:37:07 PM
"There has never been a free market in all of history! Except when there was slavery, then that was TOTALLY a free market!"
I found it funnier that he was comparing the Saiyans of all races to an oppressed class, and when he compared the tuffles to Nazi germany. So a race of space pirates are oppressed and the race they destroyed are the nazis?

Quote from: Skm1091 on August 22, 2013, 12:44:18 PM
Does MRN2 block people a lot?
No clue. I found it while watching random dragonball clips.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/guess-the-msnbc-show-answer-to-higher-education-costs-nationalize-colleges/

Ana Marie Cox's answer to what to do about rising college costs. "Nationalize colleges". She goes on to explain that she wants GovCo to have a 100% monopoly.

Quote from: Goaticus on August 22, 2013, 04:36:35 PM
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/guess-the-msnbc-show-answer-to-higher-education-costs-nationalize-colleges/

Ana Marie Cox's answer to what to do about rising college costs. "Nationalize colleges". She goes on to explain that she wants GovCo to have a 100% monopoly.
Yes, because nationalization worked out so well for Venezuela.

The fail is TheResident. The win is (surprisingly enough) rdubwiley:

[yt]6fMKakbNivU[/yt]

No Sovereign but God. No King but Jesus. No Princess but Celestia.

Quote from: BlameThe1st on August 22, 2013, 10:22:33 PM
The fail is TheResident. The win is (surprisingly enough) rdubwiley:

[yt]6fMKakbNivU[/yt]
What a load of horseshit. I guess she better quit her job then, you know, since the money paid to her for reporting this bullshit brings RT more money, and that is immoral.

"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

August 23, 2013, 10:10:46 AM #4075 Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 10:18:35 AM by dallen68
A lot to cover this time.

On the video: I'm not sure who's supposed to be TheResident, and who's supposed to be rdubwiley, having never heard of either of them. Anyways, this is another case of people throwing about a word without actually knowing what it is. (A fault many people have which apparently results in someone hitting the bog-us button every time I point it out.) Usury is NOT "using money to make money", by either biblical or dictionary definition. Usury is "lending (something, usually money) at an exorbitant rate of interest or with excessive fees." Which by the way, actually IS one of the few legal areas where the bible and the real life law (at least in the western world, are in agreement)

On the pro-choicer list:

Half the fucking list has nothing to do with the topic at hand. Of those that do, half would actually demonstrate the pro-lifer's consistency, and credibility, not undermine it.

Oh this is fun Joel P is just being a fantastic idiot.

[yt]sLOK_hggnT8[/yt]

my stuff in blue and his in red.

Honestly I think lowing the standards is even more discriminatory since it assumes women or minorities will be less qualified for a job.

So if Affirmative Action is such a horrible thing for minorities, why do so many of them (especially blacks) like it so much?

That's quite a bold claim. Care to back it up?

You have access to Google. Look it up. You could start with TheRoot piece titled "Support for Affirmative Action Dropping? Or Just White Support?," which references a recent NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll.

Not surprisingly, white people don't like affirmative action all that much. But..."among minorities asked, eight in 10 blacks and six in 10 Hispanics favor it."

There you go. And is it really so hard to believe that the minority groups who benefit most from these programs like them?

Homework Fallacy and shifting the burden of proof. You made the claim now you back it up. But your claims are mostly an appeal to popularity anyway. I like cheese. Does thismeanI have a right to force people to buy cheese or to lower their standards to hire cheese?

You're a fricken idiot, Tnu. You wanted proof that minorities support affirmative action, I gave it to you. I'm not "appealing to popularity," I'm giving you poll results that demonstrate that most minorities (at least when it comes to Hispanics and blacks) support AA. How is referencing a poll that shows that minorities favor affirmative action in any way fallacious when the very claim you wanted me to back up was "minorities favor affirmative action"? You moron!

@TNU:

I think you made the wrong argument here, instead of letting him side track the issue on whether or not AA benefits minorities or regardless of whether they "like" them or not; you should have declared a non-responsive fallacy, and took the conversation back to the topic under discussion, which was whether lowering standards is more or less discriminatory because it assumes certain classes of people are less capable of performing a job.

http://reason.com/blog/2013/08/23/brickbat-oh-deer#comments

In order to ensure animal safety, the Ohio Dept. of Natural Resources is charging someone helping a deer with illegal wild animal possession. And they'll kill kill the deer if they take it in. I wonder how people this fucking retarded can get out of bed in the morning.

[yt]hKLme4uPvBg[/yt]

You, LTH, I have a fresh target for you! :D

No Sovereign but God. No King but Jesus. No Princess but Celestia.