Fail Quotes

Started by Travis Retriever, October 17, 2009, 03:00:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Lord T Hawkeye on August 18, 2013, 10:00:43 PM
I know she means well but seriously, what part of "Politics is a rigged game" has not been made clear yet?  Last election, Ron Paul was properly entitled to a spot on the debate and they change changed the rules and kept him out.  They didn't even TRY to hide it.

well, yeah...when they don't like what he has to say, or think he's insane flat out, they're of course going to exclude him.

they also did it to Gary Johnson too.
"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox

Quote from: Ibrahim90 on August 18, 2013, 11:36:28 PM
well, yeah...when they don't like what he has to say, or think he's insane flat out, they're of course going to exclude him.

they also did it to Gary Johnson too.
And Harry Browne, I take it.
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

Quote from: D on August 18, 2013, 07:04:23 AM

Charlie Dagmar Bashlor: "I hate how true it is...Its hard being a liberal.  Too many stupid people pissing me off."
Oh, the irony...especially when she used the wrong "it's".
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"

Quote from: surhotchaperchlorome on August 19, 2013, 02:45:09 AM
Charlie Dagmar Bashlor: "I hate how true it is...Its hard being a liberal.  Too many stupid people pissing me off."

Then again, if a relatively common grammatical error is your biggest argument against her... (It annoys me when people point out trivial errors as if it's a case-breaking argument)

That being said, you could switch "Liberal" and "Libertarian" in that poster and it would still be about equally valid. As for Mz. Bashlor's comment, it would seem there isn't enough of a comment to comment. :)

August 19, 2013, 07:49:49 PM #4039 Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 01:46:28 PM by Altimadark
The video is win; the fail is found, as one might expect, in the comments, today provided by one ShiniHLaser2:

[yt]hWTFG3J1CP8[/yt]

Most of it is the same short-sightedness one comes to expect from your regular statist, but I want to highlight a bit of projection. ShiniHLaser in red, myself in blue:

Because starving sounds ideal, right? It is pretty much either that or go to one of those barb-wired suicide-net factories. They have to work to survive, and the only way to survive is working in the most deplorable conditions.

people are choosing to work at the factories instead of on the farms. Ergo, they must see the factories as the better option.

These factories are surrounded by barbed-wired fences and have suicide nets to prevent people from jumping off the roof. Foxconn, the people who manages the factories in which Apple's products are developed? Yeah, take a nice long look.

Have you taken a good look at Foxconn? The suicide rate there is actually lower than [China's] average...

This is why America is divided. The fact you cannot see beyond your privledged living is agonizing to watch. (sic)

Yep.
Failing to clean up my own mistakes since the early 80s.

Quote from: Altimadark on August 19, 2013, 07:49:49 PM
Most of it is the same short-sightedness one comes to expect from your regular statist, but I want to highlight a bit of projection. ShiniHLaser in red, myself in blue:

Yeah, it's probably bad form to reply to one's self, but I couldn't help but facepalm (and chuckle) at how ShiniHLaser tried to win the argument.

So by recognizing the double-standard, do you understand my point? That corps lobby govt for favorable regulations in order to gain a competitive advantage?

It isn't competitive advantage. It a way to make more profits.

(beat)

So, how about this, kid. I am done with my lunch break, so how about we stop flooding this comment section and you acknowledge that [I am right].

There's nothing I can add to this to make it more poignant, is there?
Failing to clean up my own mistakes since the early 80s.

Quote from: surhotchaperchlorome on August 19, 2013, 02:45:09 AM

Why would we see them as Robin Hood?
I'm pretty sure Robin hood would be against these guys.
"The more laws and order are made prominent, the more thieves and robbers there will be."
Lao Tzu

Quote from: R.E.H.W.R. on August 20, 2013, 04:17:21 PM
When did I say we should?

Quote from: R.E.H.W.R. on August 20, 2013, 04:17:21 PM

They're the ones Robin Hood would be stealing FROM!

Quote from: MrBogosity on August 20, 2013, 06:46:38 PM
They're the ones Robin Hood would be stealing FROM!
Indeed.

A letter sent from a mother to her neighbor, the mother of an autistic son.

This was from Oshawa, Toronto.

Quote from: Goaticus on August 20, 2013, 07:13:50 PM

Wow.  I sincerely hope the baby-mama (I refuse to dignify her by calling her a 'mother') who wrote that never has a disabled or autistic child herself.

Quote from: surhotchaperchlorome on August 20, 2013, 07:28:53 PM
Wow.  I sincerely hope the baby-mama (I refuse to dignify her by calling her a 'mother') who wrote that never has a disabled or autistic child herself.

Yes, and I hope the reason for that is that she dies of a rare form of flesh eating rectal chlamydia.

I sincerely hope that's a hoax. I can't imagine anyone brazen enough to place that on their neighbor's door. If they did, let's all sit back and wait for the law suit.

Quote from: Goaticus on August 20, 2013, 07:13:50 PM

If this woman was hit by a bus or a train I would point and laugh.