Fail Quotes

Started by Travis Retriever, October 17, 2009, 03:00:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Ibrahim90 on August 15, 2013, 10:58:38 PM
Uganda--he sent "Advisors" there. something to do with some guy no one has seen in a decade--Cony or Kony or something.

Advisors? Hmmmmmm? Can anyone say Vietnam?

QuoteThere was once a boy of the age of 7 who lived in the suberbs. He was diagnosed with ADD and Aspergers.

At one point, he became very curious as to "whys" and "what would happens" to his cat if... The boy tried to tie the cats tail into a not and threw it off higher and higher places to see if the saying was true that "all cats landed on their feet." Soon, it became a challenge to drop this cat to see what would happen if it didn't land on it's feet, going so far as to climb onto a second story roof and throwing it off.

The boy's parents took him to therapy and gave him stern talking tos. And you know what he did? He laughed, he scoffed at their "punishments" and weak ways. Finally, after the roof incident, the father had enough and yelled at the boy to come down. The boy scoffed and climbed back into the window with a smug grin.

When he came down stairs fully intent on insulting his father and mocking him with "what are you gonna do? Give me another 'time out'? His smirk faded when he saw a leather belt held in his father's grasp. It was something he'd seen on TV, a spanking.

The boy tried to run, but his father stopped him and bent him over his knee and calmly explained to the child that he was spanking him because what the child was doing was wrong and he needed to understand the pain he was trying to inflict upon the cat.

The boy didn't laugh at the punishment, and he didn't mock his father afterwards either. He finally understood what he was doing.

that boy was me

Someone on the anarcho-capitalist bronies page trying to refute Spanking is Bad with anecdotal evidence or possibly lies. Then he tries to shift the burden of proof on me by asking if what the solution is if not spanking.
Avatar image by Darkworkrabbit on deviantart

aaaaaand part two

QuoteThis is a common theme I've seen among those who advocate for no spankings. They have no other solutions. As if the kids who don't respond to positive enforcement will just go away in the future. These kids grow up and become criminals, committing worse and worse crimes for various reasons. (Exhibitionism, gain, because why not? etc etc) Best part? Then the parents get blamed for "not raising their child right".

My circumstance isn't unique, but it's not common, and was completely out of my living with parents control. Yet, even though it's the only form of consequence I would listen to, they held off because they thought much like you.

I'm glad my parents gave me the belt, best thing they could have done for me.

I will agree, violence should NEVER be the first course of action, but it should NEVER be taken off the table completely.

Think of it this way, the violence my father (It should be noted he was my step father) inflicted on me was to protect an innocent, claw-less cat. If anything, you should support them for defending the helpless feline.
Avatar image by Darkworkrabbit on deviantart

[yt]8A2xY4QPKEU[/yt]

TL;DW: Money isn't free speech. Corporations aren't people.

Funny how most arguements against CU devolve into such bumper sticker talking points.

No Sovereign but God. No King but Jesus. No Princess but Celestia.

August 16, 2013, 07:37:20 PM #4010 Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 07:39:59 PM by Lord T Hawkeye
My fav response is "You didn't turn out fine, you turned into the kind of person who can't seem to grasp that personal anecdotes do NOT override years of peer reviewed study."

It's as illogical as me pointing to my 90 year old grandmother as proof that smoking doesn't shorten your life.

What's the alternative?  Use your imagination!

QuoteThese kids grow up and become criminals, committing worse and worse crimes for various reasons.

Demand evidence for this.  Ask if he can even give you ONE criminal who wasn't physically or verbally assaulted as a child by his parents.
I recently heard that the word heretic is derived from the greek work heriticos which means "able to choose"
The more you know...

Quote from: BlameThe1st on August 16, 2013, 07:35:38 PM
[yt]8A2xY4QPKEU[/yt]

Funny how most arguements against CU devolve into such bumper sticker talking points.

And of course the solution?  Give the government MORE power and thus create even MORE incentive to bribe them.  I mean it's good that they acknowledge that the law is up for grabs to the highest bidder but man, could they miss the moral of the story any more badly?
I recently heard that the word heretic is derived from the greek work heriticos which means "able to choose"
The more you know...

Quote from: BlameThe1st on August 16, 2013, 07:35:38 PM
[yt]8A2xY4QPKEU[/yt]

Money:  Yes it is.
Corporations:  According to a legal dictionary and thus to the same govco they want further empower? Yes they are.
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

I can't remember the video, but I recall shchpendrop or whoever on one of Shane's videos talking about how "Freedom of association is bullshit" or whatever.  Okay, so the slaves were in the wrong not want to associate with their masters?  Or how about the people in countries that Hitler annexed?  Need I go on?
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

Quote from: surhotchaperchlorome on August 16, 2013, 08:16:49 PM
I can't remember the video, but I recall shchpendrop or whoever on one of Shane's videos talking about how "Freedom of association is bullshit" or whatever.  Okay, so the slaves were in the wrong not want to associate with their masters?  Or how about the people in countries that Hitler annexed?  Need I go on?

Don't you know though that it'sjsut an excuse to push a racist agenda? People shouldn't be allowed to decide the terms by which they're willing to deal with people.

I accept no responsibility for any injuries suffered after immediately falling on the floor laughing.

Quote from: D on August 16, 2013, 09:43:00 PM

I accept no responsibility for any injuries suffered after immediately falling on the floor laughing.

Me: *head desk*

[yt]fCDtbSteHas[/yt]

And stopped in the first five minutes.
"The more laws and order are made prominent, the more thieves and robbers there will be."
Lao Tzu

Quote from: R.E.H.W.R. on August 17, 2013, 10:27:30 AM
[yt]fCDtbSteHas[/yt]

And stopped in the first five minutes.

I stopped after three. The Constitution putting something in sequence is NOT a prioritization.

Really, why do people keep bothering with Zo's videos? You KNOW they're going to be fail!

Quote from: MrBogosity on August 17, 2013, 12:42:27 PM
I stopped after three. The Constitution putting something in sequence is NOT a prioritization.

Really, why do people keep bothering with Zo's videos? You KNOW they're going to be fail!

I guess I like inflicting pain into myself.
"The more laws and order are made prominent, the more thieves and robbers there will be."
Lao Tzu