Fail Quotes

Started by Travis Retriever, October 17, 2009, 03:00:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
QuoteHe said that the Nazi's despite the obvious flaws, was an economic success.

It's easy to improve finances when you're already "rolling pennies for meals" broke.
I recently heard that the word heretic is derived from the greek work heriticos which means "able to choose"
The more you know...

This is just laughable.

Quote from: Lord T Hawkeye on September 17, 2012, 03:40:36 PM
It's easy to improve finances when you're already "rolling pennies for meals" broke.

Ya, he deleted his comment before I could respond.
"The more laws and order are made prominent, the more thieves and robbers there will be."
Lao Tzu

Quote from: D on September 17, 2012, 04:46:05 PM
This is just laughable.

I stared for a while, and then lolled.

This happened more than once--today.
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

Quote from: Lord T Hawkeye on September 17, 2012, 03:40:36 PM

The point where you're so poor, you're having children just so you can have a cheap alternative to turkey at Christmas. :-P

Quote from: Virgil0211 on September 18, 2012, 09:52:59 AM
The point where you're so poor, you're having children just so you can have a cheap alternative to turkey at Christmas. :-P

or selling them off to slavery, like they used to do where I come from if things got ugly XD
"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox

Quote from: Ibrahim90 on September 18, 2012, 11:15:22 AM
or selling them off to slavery, like they used to do where I come from if things got ugly XD

Instead of selling them, can I just have them as MY slaves? I can't even get them to clean their rooms!

Quote from: MrBogosity on September 18, 2012, 12:10:16 PM
Instead of selling them, can I just have them as MY slaves? I can't even get them to clean their rooms!

That's why you sell them with a "no returns" policy. :-P

The dweeb at the very end of the video. You'll know who I'm talking about when you see him. Kennedy correctly tells him that federal student loans are part of the problem with high tuition rates and he simply shrugs it off and acts like a complete douchebag.

[yt]3vFnZm2XRrU[/yt]

Quote from: MrBogosity on September 18, 2012, 12:10:16 PM

I doubt it, though there are firsts  :P

@ D: and of course, further making things worse is that most students can't pay it back: in an economy that favors older people, younger people can't get a break. I know I can't--no one will hire me, even with my experience. guess it doesn't mean jack if you're 22.
"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox

Quote from: Ibrahim90 on September 19, 2012, 01:51:12 PM
I doubt it, though there are firsts  :P

@ D: and of course, further making things worse is that most students can't pay it back: in an economy that favors older people, younger people can't get a break. I know I can't--no one will hire me, even with my experience. guess it doesn't mean jack if you're 22.

Shit! I am 22! And I'm Fucked!
"The more laws and order are made prominent, the more thieves and robbers there will be."
Lao Tzu

Quote from: R.E.H.W.R. on September 19, 2012, 02:48:08 PM
Shit! I am 22! And I'm Fucked!

If it's any consolation, I'm 44 and things ain't much better.

September 19, 2012, 04:31:41 PM #2262 Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 04:40:59 PM by Ibrahim90
Quote from: MrBogosity on September 19, 2012, 03:41:56 PM
If it's any consolation, I'm 44 and things ain't much better.

times are tough all around. at least (I'm hoping), you don't have parents suffering from a near total disconnect from reality (e.g. mine).

both think it's a must if I either get a job as a geologist, or go back to university for engineering (something I've long given up on as a lost cause, but they keep bleating on about)--neither of which are possible atm, as no one will hire me (whether I'm qualified or not), and we already spent--wasted--enough money getting me a stupid piece of paper saying I know how to do Geology. keep reading...

and the sick part? I know there is work available in North Dakota that I will definitely be hired for--I have to show up in person though.

easy enough, but I can't get there, because in addition to the general lack of hiring down here, the same parents have gotten in the way of me getting even a low paying job (mostly by throwing a whole bunch of red herrings), cratered my bank account (which they have access to--it was from before I turned 18), further rendering me unable to even make money to leave. And my parent's reaction to the news from ND? "no interview, no help" (yeah, I know). There's barely a day when I wish they'd just get off my case. I'd say more, but one must always be carefully what you wish for....especially publicly.

-Jesse Cox

Quote from: Ibrahim90 on September 19, 2012, 04:31:41 PM
times are tough all around. at least (I'm hoping), you don't have parents suffering from a near total disconnect from reality (e.g. mine).

Well, my dad and stepdad are about as disconnected from reality as you can be...they've passed on.

Quote from: MrBogosity on September 19, 2012, 05:19:32 PM
Well, my dad and stepdad are about as disconnected from reality as you can be...they've passed on.

If it wasn't the fact it was about your parents(or any loved one), that would be a pretty funny line.
Lao Tzu