Fail Quotes

Started by Travis Retriever, October 17, 2009, 03:00:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: D on August 09, 2012, 07:24:25 AM
I removed him from my friends. He was such a condescending prick that I didn't have much of a choice.

He left me a message though:
Sorry Jim, I didn't unfriend you because you disagreed. I unfriended you because you wanted to act like a douchebag.

So, basically, "you can't comment on politics cuz you fat!" Unbelievable...

Though I find it amusing that I cut deep enough for him to name me personally in that. :-P

Quote from: Virgil0211 on August 09, 2012, 09:32:40 AM
So, basically, "you can't comment on politics cuz you fat!" Unbelievable...

Though I find it amusing that I cut deep enough for him to name me personally in that. :-P

He sent me another reply, though a quick warning, it's long and full of douchebaggery:
QuoteDave, unfriending is still acting like a child. Most posts you put up that belittles soldiers or cops (or even the government in some situations) are generally condescending douchebag type posts. In fact, a lot of them have that intention worn right on the sleeve (Condescending Wonka). It is sad that someone can be so condescending and use such douchebaggery, but when that same attitude is thrown back in their face....they bitch. You talk about police like you have any real clue what goes on as an officer, or a soldier for that matter. There are over 400 police officers in New Haven alone, but if one of them screws up even once, some will talk about it as police officers as a whole. I bring up video games and wrestling because it is something that you are passionate about. If someone said that all wrestlers are mentally ill and will kill their families at any moment based on Chris Benoit's situation...you may call bullshit on them. It is the same idea.

But you unfriended me based on this. I want you to seriously think about that too, Dave. Because if you are ever sick, or really need something, will your many "friends" from around the globe truly be there for you? Will that be the case or will you be looking for family for help or support?

Most of your posts are condescending. Most of your posts can be viewed as if you are being a douchebag. How many dead bodies have you seen from drug overdoses? Sometimes people will take more offense to your posts, because they've seen the ugly side of an issue that you have never seen before.

Again, if you want to sit down...without bullshit...and really talk to me face to face about these issues you have with police, soldiers, and government...let's do it. But if you are just looking to be able to make condescending posts and expect something different in reply, continue to do what your doing.

My biggest issue, Dave...is that I do care about you. Half these other people couldn't truly give two shits. If you were worried about your health, both Jon and I would gladly help you. We'd take you out, work out, get you on a badass diet, and have you feeling fresh and healthy in no time. Half of these so called "friends" of yours would be aggravated that you haven't been posting about your video games during that time.

All I want is for you to truly prioritize. You are far too intelligent to waste your brains on bullshit. I can find half of your posts in "being libertarian" groups, I can find half of Aunt Terrie's posts on "being liberal" type groups. I am not perfect and my ideas are ever changing, but you will be hard pressed to label me as one group.

Take care, Dave.

Your condescending douchebag tool of a cousin,

Jim

August 09, 2012, 11:15:16 AM #2102 Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 12:04:54 PM by Virgil0211
Quote from: D on August 09, 2012, 09:48:33 AM
He sent me another reply, though a quick warning, it's long and full of douchebaggery:

Remember, he's butthurt because someone spit on the badge he's been using as an alternative for testicles.

I also find it interesting that he's somehow implying that he cares about you while defending the abuse of power & violence you criticize. If he's so upset about overdosing, why doesn't he go after the real cause of overdoses: differences in drug purity caused by a lack of industry standards (such as those that exist for caffeine) BECAUSE OF THE WAR ON DRUGS?

Also, I find it funny that he tries to frame things as if a few bad eggs are messing it up for everyone. Tell him to look up drug war corruption (asset forfeiture in particular) in a criminal justice studies journal. It's a pervasive problem. One dead man is too much for us. How many deaths would it require for things to be wrong for him? 100? 1,000? 10,000? 100,000? How many lives are worth it for his pride and overcompensation? How many people would he allow to die so he can feel better about himself?

He's a parasite, nothing more. You're better off without him.

August 09, 2012, 12:20:52 PM #2103 Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 03:24:04 PM by surhotchaperchlorome
Ludwig von Mises:
“The riches of successful entrepreneurs is not the cause of anybody[']s poverty; it is the consequence of the fact that the consumers are better supplied than they would have been in the absence of the entrepreneurs effort.” –Planning for Freedom p. 135
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

August 09, 2012, 12:44:00 PM #2104 Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 12:50:01 PM by surhotchaperchlorome
"If they initiate force or are suspected of it, they won't have a choice in the matter. Reparation is not coercion. Nor is retaliation. There is no [']paradox.'" --Guncriminal

I really expected better from him of all people.
Man, people REALLY need to read "Practical Anarchy" by Stefan Molyneux on this...

In particular, the part of "or are suspected of it [initiating force]"
No...just...no.  by that logic, all anyone would have to do to commit any attrocity is just say, "well I 'suspected' he/she/they/that entire 2 billion people continent were going to intiate force against me!" to justify killing all of them. Good lord man, how could a full on anarcho-capitalist say something so stupid.  Again, the bit about reparation and retaliation has been addressed,  if it isn't an initiation of force, it's the defensive use of force!
More specifically,

if (force.initiation == false)
     force.neccessarydefense == true
end (of fucking story)
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"

And...not to be outdone, billburns2 came through:

"The courtesy is already extended. You live in a state run society through choice, nobody is forcing you. That's what you cultists always choose to overlook" --billburns2

Quote from: surhotchaperchlorome on August 09, 2012, 12:57:05 PM
And...not to be outdone, billburns2 came through:

"The courtesy is already extended. You live in a state run society through choice, nobody is forcing you. That's what you cultists always choose to overlook" --billburns2

well, I was actually forced to come here by my mom--in spite of my strenuous objections. And while I still want to haul ass, I simply have no money. Furthermore, even if I did, where would I go? Every other country sucks just as bad as the US in one respect or another these days. And as a geologist, I have to stick to countries composed of more than just topsoil (Central America in general) or largely uneconomic rocks (Jordan).

so where does this idiot get the idea that anyone in general is in a place because they want to? sure, some might be, but some aren't.
"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox

Subject of DUI's came up and the usual "We need to throw away the Constitution and lock up everyone" arguments came out. But this one struck me as a big pile of fail

Me: DUI checkpoints are unconstitutional because they violate the 5th amendment. The US government isn't supposed to act under the idea that if you're not guilty you have nothing to hide.

QuoteWhich is fine but don't expect me to whine and bitch about the constitution and freedom when it comes to drinking and driving.

You can't do a lot of things the Constitution is suppose to allow. Go yell bomb in the airport, find out just how far freedom of speech goes.

Quote from: D on August 09, 2012, 09:48:33 AM

Do you mind if I submit every reply he made to me in that conversation for consideration for fail-quotes? :-P

Quote from: Virgil0211 on August 10, 2012, 04:37:44 AM
Do you mind if I submit every reply he made to me in that conversation for consideration for fail-quotes? :-P

Trust me when I tell you, we don't need to at this point.

QuoteI would strongly recommend not to start watching those youtube videos [The videos he is talking about are Shanes videos on economics] as they are typically too much simplified or wrong. And I would ignore the Mises stuff too: it's a libertarian view on the economy based on wishful thinking, basically (no one has been able to prove, even if just mathematically, that absolute freedom will lead to a first best economic outcome). Ludwig von Mises himself said some intelligent things but it was strongly motivated by politics, and it is now misused by idiots.

From this stupid thread:
http://offtopicproductions.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=11476&p=102510#p102510

Also:
http://www.slate.com/articles/business/the_dismal_science/1998/08/babysitting_the_economy.html

In response to saying I'm still voting for Gary Johnson in November after the Ryan VP pick

QuoteBy which you mean you are voting for Obama. I still don't understand the genuine naivete required to not understand the difference between a lifelong admirer of Marx getting a second term vs. a traditional American entrepreneur getting a first one. Do they not understand the difference between who these men are, or the difference between Presidents in a first vs second term?

"nothing of economics is ultimately falsifiable or 'testable'- its the inherent nature of economics

cuz economics ultimately rests on subjective relativistic matters- that is, person, place and time effect all matters of economics. Do read "Human action" sometime, or "Economics in One Lesson"" - Swu880 on this vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEXUKG1b5RQ&lc=SKMM3NVoDqIIV4I1G0tcA6GskvpLZcwIdtP5WvUK8uI&feature=inbox

I really don't think this individual has ever actually read those books or if he did, it didn't sink in.
Besides, it's the inherent nature?  That's the sign of someone who really doesn't get science.  No scientifically minded person accepts "it just is" as an answer.
I recently heard that the word heretic is derived from the greek work heriticos which means "able to choose"
The more you know...

Quote from: FSBlueApocalypse on August 11, 2012, 10:18:39 AM
In response to saying I'm still voting for Gary Johnson in November after the Ryan VP pick

I love how a vote for Johnson is a vote for Obama, but a vote for Romney is somehow not a vote for Romney.

From Good Morning America just a few minutes ago:
"Democrats are going to paint Paul Ryan as an anti-government ideologue."