Fail Quotes

Started by Travis Retriever, October 17, 2009, 03:00:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I've had a lot of conversations like this one:

Obamaton: ObamaCare is a proven success!

Libertarian: What about [problem with ObamaCare]?

Obamaton: Well, ObamaCare doesn't fully take effect until 2014.

Quote from: MrBogosity on June 18, 2012, 01:11:21 PM
I've had a lot of conversations like this one:

Obamaton: ObamaCare is a proven success!

Libertarian: What about [problem with ObamaCare]?

Obamaton: Well, ObamaCare doesn't fully take effect until 2014.

Like the one with ymkamara420 in the comments of your video titled, "Why Haven't We Recovered Yet? (How the Keynesians Got It Wrong Yet Again)"?
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

June 18, 2012, 02:17:22 PM #1862 Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 02:22:52 PM by surhotchaperchlorome
Speaking of conversations, this one's an oldie from my conservative former friend (yes, the same one I made the thread about here, here and here

"I guess, but Libertarian is just so irrelevant." --The same guy speaking about Libertarianism (and even if it does work; or whatever--it was long ago, and I can't remember the exact details).

I'm surprised I didn't post that sooner.
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"

This

They seriously put "phew" in the title. You know, because doing the same thing that got them into this mess is just a total relief amiriteguize?

"I point a gun to your head and say 'do 500 jumping jacks, or i'll blow you away.' You are then faced with a choice: do the jumping jacks, or risk taking the bullet. Let me repeat: a choice. You do not have to choose life. You can choose the bullet. Seems like consent to me. Saying this is not consent implies that I have some obligation not to kill you. I don't, therefore you consented to the jumping jacks." --wildabeast11235 in the comments of this video:

[yt]cF2359mSCzk[/yt]

I showed it to D before posting it here.  Here was D's response to that (not fail):

"....
that's not fail quotes...that's "I better call 911"
because that's a sociopath"

EDIT:  While it might be true that he's being sarcastic, I doubt it given the only other videos I found in his activity were either music videos (generic and tells me bugger all) and a favoring of one of FE's race realist videos...yeah, not very comforting.  And it doesn't help that I've seen people make arguments like this--and mean it too.

June 18, 2012, 10:53:03 PM #1865 Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 10:57:04 PM by surhotchaperchlorome
ShaneSaw83:  "Are you serious? Your view of Nazi Germany is so mind-bogglingly stupid, I'm stunned. Hitler only lost because tiny little Germany was fighting us, England and Russia simultaneously. And they were such a devastatingly adept military, that they killed 3 men for every 2 they lost. Hitler wouldn't have stopped; you'd be speaking German right now. Actually, I think you're brown-skinned--so you wouldn't even exist if not for the brave men that died fighting--you foolish, ungrateful SOB."

Don't know why I didn't post this one from that other thread sooner.

http://www.askstudent.com/funny/summary-of-99-of-the-people-you-will-meet-in-college/

Somebody was in a pissy mood when they wrote this.  Then again it did originate from the somethingawful forums.

Oh the numerous logical fallacies contained in this one image:

How many can YOU spot? I'll just demonstrate one:

"If there's no God, then how come people give billions of dollars a year to churches?"

"If homeopathy doesn't work, then how come people spend billions of dollars a year on homeopathic remedies?"

http://blamethe1st.deviantart.com/art/Religion-An-Atheist-Scapegoat-188034549

I haven't read it, but just from the title, I can tell this is going to be a fail...

Quote from: surhotchaperchlorome on June 20, 2012, 01:01:18 AM
http://blamethe1st.deviantart.com/art/Religion-An-Atheist-Scapegoat-188034549

I haven't read it, but just from the title, I can tell this is going to be a fail...

Actually not really.  He makes a good point in it.
I recently heard that the word heretic is derived from the greek work heriticos which means "able to choose"
The more you know...

Quote from: Lord T Hawkeye on June 20, 2012, 08:29:46 AM
Actually not really.  He makes a good point in it.

He does, but it's laced with fail, like the good done by religion (Salvation Army, AA, etc.) without considering that there's just as much good done secularly (MSF, Secular Sobriety, etc.). What's harder to find is Crusades-esque atrocities committed by secularists (and no, the Communists don't count since Communism WAS their religion).

Quote from: MrBogosity on June 20, 2012, 12:17:42 AM
Oh the numerous logical fallacies contained in this one image:

How many can YOU spot? I'll just demonstrate one:

"If there's no God, then how come people give billions of dollars a year to churches?"

"If homeopathy doesn't work, then how come people spend billions of dollars a year on homeopathic remedies?"

Not to mention, I'd love to see their source on that. As far as I can recall, the Koch brothers are still on the board of trustees for the reason foundation, which has been anything but kind to Romney, even suggesting that an Obama win would be preferable if Romney wins the Repub nomination.

Quote from: Virgil0211 on June 20, 2012, 09:59:43 AM
Not to mention, I'd love to see their source on that. As far as I can recall, the Koch brothers are still on the board of trustees for the reason foundation, which has been anything but kind to Romney, even suggesting that an Obama win would be preferable if Romney wins the Repub nomination.

They are on the Reason Foundation, but I think over the years the Koch's have crept farther and farther to the right on things like foreign policy and social issues. That is why there is such a huge fight over them potentially taking full control of CATO.

Posted a Stefan Molyneux video on the Occupy Jacksonville facebook group. Was actually having some calm civil discussion when this one asshole posted this

"I see all of these quote/unquote "libertarians" running around speaking little of liberty and even less of freedom. They complain of fascism when everything they do resembles the very thing they complain about. But here's the thing, their "libertarianism" is really "libertinism" mixed with sociopathy and narcissism, none of which anyone on the planet could pull off with any remarkable success. This new condition prevalent among multitude of 3rd raters in America calls for a new word - a new name. Any ideas?"

Let's not laugh too hard gentlemen.