Fail Quotes

Started by Travis Retriever, October 17, 2009, 03:00:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
The comments in this video:
[yt]TKtQOH7KFQw[/yt]

I would copy and paste them here, but I believe this board has too much dignity. Read them for yourselves.

This is where I read up on this story. The comments on that page aren't much better.

Not sure where else to put this, so I figured I'd put it here:  http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-bizarre-outbursts-by-celebrities-you-thought-were-sane/
Note #4:  Bill Maher.  I guess John Cheese isn't aware of him being an anti-vaxxer and AIDS denialist.  And don't even get me started on the guy's politics...
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

September 03, 2011, 03:07:07 PM #1142 Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 03:17:42 PM by D
Quote from: surhotchaperchlorome on September 03, 2011, 02:31:20 PM
Not sure where else to put this, so I figured I'd put it here:  http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-bizarre-outbursts-by-celebrities-you-thought-were-sane/
Note #4:  Bill Maher.  I guess John Cheese isn't aware of him being an anti-vaxxer and AIDS denialist.  And don't even get me started on the guy's politics...

I knew he was an anti-vaxxer and an all around asshole, but I never heard his AIDS denial. Got anything on that? Just more ammunition for me as far as I see it.

I will say this though about the Bill Maher part of that article, I think Cheese is completely denying a double standard here. While it isn't as bad as Maher says it is, we've seen that a double standard does exist. Just look at the incident with that guy getting his penis chopped off. Those women from that television show The Talk thought it was hilarious and a "you go girl" moment. Where were they in this count down? Of all the shit Bill Maher does, this is probably the least egregious.

Quote from: D on September 03, 2011, 03:07:07 PM
I knew he was an anti-vaxxer and an all around asshole, but I never heard his AIDS denial. Got anything on that? Just more ammunition for me as far as I see it.

[yt]tyodvwxe4mE[/yt]

I might have been wrong.  It may have been Germ Theory Denialism.  In which case, my bad.
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"

Of course, if you're a germ theory denialist, doesn't that kind of automatically make you an AIDS denialist?

Quote from: MrBogosity on September 03, 2011, 03:32:50 PM
Of course, if you're a germ theory denialist, doesn't that kind of automatically make you an AIDS denialist?

Point taken.

Assuming I'm remembering it right (that and I am enjoying Domino's Pizza have imbibed on a few glasses from a 64oz growler from OPAOPA Brewery (if you live in western Mass I highly recommend them), this is at home so no worry of me driving) I was having a conversation with my friend earlier today about the free DLC (Downloadable Content) for Warhammer 40,000 Space Marine Co-op.  He was complaining about how this was DLC when the interview stated that there would be Co-op.  It went something like this.  For this I will call him Titus.

Kiri2tsubasa:  Space Marine comes out in a few days, glad I paid off for all three games* I have pre-ordered for the Midnight release on Monday night.

Titus:  They removed the Co-op from Space Marine and now it is DLC.  If I could have I would have canceled my pre-order.  Shame Steam saved it.

Kiri: I am aware of that, but it is free.

Titus:  It is the principle of the things.

Kiri:  Let's just say for the sake of argument that some problem occurred with the development for the co-op.  At least they can bring the game out on its appointed release date instead of delaying it for a month.  With the digital distributions set up we have with this generation of consoles, and by extension PC's (he pre-ordered this for the PC, me 360 and PS3**) they can give us the game we pre-order and give us the co-op experience for FREE in early October.

Titus:  I don't care, they are nickel and dimming us.

Kiri:  It will be provided for free for us.  If anything they are paying the cost for the XBLA, PSN, and Steam network to provide us with free content.

At this point he pretty much left.  Not sure if it counts but he was so frigging adamant about Relic doing something wrong here.  I don't know maybe I am too much of a Warhammer 40,000 fan and missed what they did wrong.

* Space Marine, Disgaea 4, Dead Island.
**  What happened was that I originally pre-ordered this fr the 360, then after lurking on various gaming forums I learned that their is a collectors edition form the THQ website so I pre-ordered the collectors edition from THQ, I then changed my pre-order at GameStop over from 360 to PS3.  I pre-ordered Space Marine from Steam and got Darksiders as a gift.  Good game, though I prefer it on my 360.

Quote from: MrBogosity on September 03, 2011, 03:32:50 PMOf course, if you're a germ theory denialist, doesn't that kind of automatically make you an AIDS denialist?

I thought that might be the case, but I didn't want to jump the gun.

I wonder what that guy thinks of all the money that's snatched up in taxes?

I...this...I guess that means I'm a sex offender then.
Thanks Tom Nook.
[yt]5xAK-X0RA5o[/yt]

Quote from: Gumba Masta on September 04, 2011, 08:31:25 AM
I...this...I guess that means I'm a sex offender then.
Thanks Tom Nook.
[yt]5xAK-X0RA5o[/yt]

Wow....just...wow.

As someone who owns a PS3 and has played games online, I find that younger kids who play end up saying more offensive things than any adults I've ever played with.

Speaking of video game related nonsense, fringeelements uploaded this on his alternate channel NotRyanFaulk. Now, this could all be a video that's meant to be humorous, but in case, I'm tossing this here for trying to ruin an amazing game for me....
[yt]DVTxh_V48MI[/yt]

fringeelements and humor? Now there a combination of words I'd never thought to see in that context.

Quote from: Gumba Masta on September 04, 2011, 08:44:11 AM
fringeelements and humor? Now there a combination of words I'd never thought to see in that context.

I know...

Every single comment on this video: [yt]djYq1fr9fKI[/yt] by xexixk and MaryJo1950 without exception.  I won't insult anyone's intelligence by posting the actual comments here.  Click on the video, and get ready to vomit at the sheer stupidity of these neo-fascist dickheads.