Fail Quotes

Started by Travis Retriever, October 17, 2009, 03:00:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: D on August 19, 2011, 01:23:14 PMGah, and here is an argument I used to use when I actually thought illegal immigration was a major problem:

So, the idea is, the government owns the entire country and everything--and everyONE--in it?

Maybe the quote should be this: "From now on...when you are asleep..its NOT illegal for the government to enter your home to take your guests, or even your family, just because they weren't born here and didn't fill out the right paperwork...Its not. Its not harming anyone for them to do this...so its not ...illegal...and if you disagree, I will make sure that the media companies that kiss my ass portray you to be a selfish crazy person for wanting your home to be safe and secure..."

August 19, 2011, 02:39:25 PM #1096 Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 03:31:42 PM by D
Quote from: MrBogosity on August 19, 2011, 02:33:39 PM
So, the idea is, the government owns the entire country and everything--and everyONE--in it?

Maybe the quote should be this: "From now on...when you are asleep..its NOT illegal for the government to enter your home to take your guests, or even your family, just because they weren't born here and didn't fill out the right paperwork...Its not. Its not harming anyone for them to do this...so its not ...illegal...and if you disagree, I will make sure that the media companies that kiss my ass portray you to be a selfish crazy person for wanting your home to be safe and secure..."

Believe it or not, I actually found one that was worse...

QuoteI would like to see Obama do what Roosevelt, Truman, and Eisenhower did. Each of those presidents deported many thousands of immigrants, legal and otherwise, in order to provide jobs, especially for returning veterans. Those actions, however, were taken by LEADERS, and we certainly have no reason to think that Obama is one!

Oh this doesn't sound racist at all...
QuoteBefore Johnson was president, most manual labor type jobs from custodial, ditch digging, roofing, etc were done by mostly uneducated people, black and white. Since Johnson became president and the Chavez revolt in California most of the jo...bs you will see in fast food restaurant and other manual labor jobs have been taken over by latinos. The blacks and others are now on the public dole in the form of welfare, foodstamps, housing, medical, etc and have been enlaved by the Democrats. Those on the public dole have become the voting base for the Democrats, it the illegal are deported then the jobs held by illegals could then be taken by those on welfare. As long as the status quo is unchanged, the Democrats will do everything possible to stop others from effecting any change.

What....the fuck?!
Quotethere is a large immigration problem. It's not that we have lazy americans, the problem is that many of them would rather be on the public dole than to get a job. Also, employers prefer to hire cheap labor. The government will no...t do much to resolve illegal immigraton because it affects its voting base and they dont want to called racist. Here is the solution - deport illegals, force the people on welfare to take those jobs, this reduces the amount of entitements in this country, this lowers the budget, this lowers the deficit. As for myself, I am unemployed because my employer decided to Outsource to India. So in you above post, I guesss those who have been raped, molested and murdered are not victim due to illegals who have perpertrated those crimes.

August 19, 2011, 04:14:26 PM #1097 Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 04:53:33 PM by D
Read this on 420chan's politics board.

Yeah, save your comments on that and focus on this gem of failure.

QuoteI am an anarchist because I believe capitalism is irresponsible in it's consumption of resources. It consumes resources and then uses those resources to develop institutions and establishments of consumption. It allows for accelerated progress in technology at times, but in the wrong directions. Anarchism allows for maximum freedom with minimum exploitation of humans and their environment, not to mention the abolition of the egoism and envy present in capitalist socieites. Anarchism is based on altruism and egalitarianism, and this is why i choose it over capitalism every time.

Back to the illegal immigration debate, I made the comment that I believe government should only be there to stop violence and coercion, and I got this insanely idiotic remark.
QuoteDave, but in protecting the people from violence and coecion, that could be contruded as interfereing in another persons personal life. If a person, in his own personal life, thrives to go about and commit voloence on other people, the govenment should not interfere.

Quote from: D on August 19, 2011, 04:14:26 PMYeah, save your comments on that and focus on this gem of failure.

I smell a Venus Project nutbar!

QuoteBack to the illegal immigration debate, I made the comment that I believe government should only be there to stop violence and coercion, and I got this insanely idiotic remark.

That's an oldie. LOTS of morons resort to that one.

Quote from: MrBogosity on August 19, 2011, 05:50:55 PM
I smell a Venus Project nutbar!

Sounds about right:

QuoteThe only thing I realize is that that is a pretty common argument, but it's bullshit. As you defined it, capitalism dictates that industry and trade should be owned privately. Maybe i should have made it clear that I exist somewhere on the left side of anarchism, considering it is an extremely broad area of political thought as of late (it's basis is in the left, and it's founding fathers were vehemently opposed to capitalism). The only form of anarchism that requires capitalism is anarcho-capitalism ( I shouldn't have to explain that). My concept of anarchism dictates that the means of production (your industry and trade) are owned collectively by the community, this is the only way to prevent exploitation. The motto of anarchism is "no gods, no masters" and that necessarily means that in an anarchic society there can be NO bosses, NO managers, NO executives besides the common people themselves. The claim that anarchism requires capitalism is common, but often, if not always, without basis in anarchic theory.
Quotekeyword "profit". implies production for exchange. social anarchism emphasises production for use. also, creating a binary between individual ownership and state ownership is plain wrong: prior to the state, ownership was communal

Translation: HUURRR DURRRRR

Here is the thread in particular if you feel like taking a look at some of these for yourself.

Anarchism has founding fathers? How does THAT work?

"My concept of anarchism dictates that the means of production (your industry and trade) are owned collectively by the community, this is the only way to prevent exploitation."

Sorry, no: that IS exploitation! Exploitation is anything that does not allow you to keep the fruits of your own labor.

Quote from: MrBogosity on August 19, 2011, 06:50:37 PM

"My concept of anarchism dictates that the means of production (your industry and trade) are owned collectively by the community, this is the only way to prevent exploitation."

Sorry, no: that IS exploitation! Exploitation is anything that does not allow you to keep the fruits of your own labor.

This guy is off his rocker.

QuoteOccupation placement would be based on enjoyment. Those who enjoy farming would farm, and in producing more food than they themselves need, they would distribute the abundance of food through public storehouses. If no one enjoys farming, than the farming labour is distributed evenly amongst the public, or if technology allows it, performed by automated machinery. What people like you will never understand is that this farmer is producing food for himself and the community because he wants to keep his community alive. Not because he wants to turn a profit, not because he wants to hoard food, but because he has altruistic beliefs, which is the basis of said society.

Nope not at all. If you labour towards the creation of a product, that product is rightfully yours. But in the case of basic resources like food,water, and medicine, to produce an abundance of resources and not distribute that which you do not consume yourself to those who need them in your community would be horrifyingly selfish and inhumane.

I don't. You cannot force someone to live in an anarchic society, it's basis is voluntary cooperation and anarchists (myself included) oppose all forms of authority and coercion. An anarchic revolution would simply be communities with altruistic beliefs beginning to live in the way they want to. As more and more anarchic communities arise, they bind themselves together through federation. Anarchism CANNOT be forced. This is why it will not become viable until people advance intellectually to adopt altruistic and egalitarian beliefs.

Quote from: MrBogosity on August 19, 2011, 06:50:37 PM

Yeah, that's "anarcho" communists for you...I still have no clue how they plan on such a system without a massive state.
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

For the computer geeks of this forum, this one's for you:  http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/jguhj/whats_the_most_enraging_thing_a_computer/
The full title is:  "What's the most enraging thing a computer illiterate person has said to you when you were just trying to help?"

A sample:  "From my mother:

[']IT'S NOT TURNING ON NOW BECAUSE YOU DOWNLOADED WHATEVER THAT FIREFOX THING IS.[']" -- from the first poster.
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"

QuoteAtheists do Believe in something. They Believe Jesus isn't real. Government is not all powerful. If the people disagree with the government then they can overthrow it for a better one. The government's power comes from the People.

/head desk

August 19, 2011, 09:04:56 PM #1105 Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 03:04:04 PM by surhotchaperchlorome
"It just means we're tough on crime!" -- my dad's response to the USA having more people in the penal system per capita than any other country including China.
Because evidently a murder solve rate of around 12% is being "tough on crime"...

QuoteAtheists do Believe in something. They Believe Jesus isn't real. Government is not all powerful. If the people disagree with the government then they can overthrow it for a better one. The government's power comes from the People.

Is that why near everyone in my province is outraged about the HST tax hike and our past and present premiers both have fought us every step of the way and can just override us even if we do jump through every hoop?
I recently heard that the word heretic is derived from the greek work heriticos which means "able to choose"
The more you know...

Quote"Rick Perry seems to be the only candidate who truly is the anti-Obama."
From ABC's This Week.

Yeah, and we're all creationists and moon hoaxers.

A decent video, but loaded with stupid comments. Some of them are the typical mantras we've heard before.

[yt]sLQxSuJ5amI[/yt]

QuoteLong term use of marijuana has potential risks of causing various mental disorders. Yeah we should stop funding programs to combat drugs cos people still end up taking them. People still commit crimes and fires still happen so let's fire all the police officiers and firefighters too in order to save a buck.

Quote1. if drugs where made legal then eveyone one is gonna take it.

2.the govermet make alot of money Cigarettes

QuoteProblems in the world such as these will never be solved. As long as people continue to spend billions of dollars on absolutely ridiculous things in this country such as sports teams, television shows, movies, and of course the oh-so-familiar "necessities" such as breast implants, botox injections, etc. We will always have the pathetic morons who will continue to protest for the legalization of a bull-shit drug that has no reason to exist, other than to help scum-bags hide from their problems.

QuoteYeah the drugs only hurt them. WRONG. What about people getting behind the wheel high and killing innocent people? People do stupid things when they are high meaning that they put others at risk even if the drug itself is only harming the taker. Not to mention victims of the illegal drug trade.

QuoteSo I guess we should just let everyone do what ever they want. Yeah keep thinking that.

QuoteMarijuana may be harmless, but there;s the chance that someone high can do stupid things (like get behind the wheel ) and hurt someone. I agree, they should go to rehab, instead of prison because it crams the jails.

The video kind of has a fail moment where the guy advocates forced rehab. While that would be better than prison, it still wouldn't solve the problem of people using drugs, and not only that but it advocates the idea that government has any business telling us what is bad and what is good.

Quote from: surhotchaperchlorome on December 11, 2009, 02:02:05 PM
"Subliminal advertising works; it's why the government outlawed it." --Psy, prof, again, providing no sources

I love that.  It demonstrates that he's NEVER researched the basis of subliminal advertising.  The ONLY claimed support for the idea was the "popcorn Study" which claimed that a single frame inserted into a movie that said "Eat popcorn and drink Coca-Cola" substantially increase sales of those items when it was shown.  No other study shows subliminal ads working.

Here's the problem:  There was no such study.  It was invented BY AN AD COMPANY, they were trying to sell the idea of subliminal ads to clients.