Fail Quotes

Started by Travis Retriever, October 17, 2009, 03:00:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Here's Tim Pool's morning upload.  It's here not because of the subject, or the production quality (which is pretty much standard for him, and not at all bad for a high-volume one-man show), or the commentary, but because of what happens at about 10:30 because of a third party.

[yt]eVCQhUnMn-o[/yt]

It looks lik somebody tried to break into Tim's home this morning, before dawn.

At about 10:30 in the video, IT APPEARS THAT THE GUY CAME BACK.

Tim actually gets a little frightening in this one.  And well he should be, since people are trying to frighten him.

Every frickin' video by Sky Quack Scholar

One example:
[yt]TJz10bDcccY[/yt]

So because the product of the speed of light in a vacuum and time does not form an orthonormal vector with the other 3 principal directions, spacetime does not exist!  False premises much?
Working every day to expose the terrible price we pay for government.

In my trawl through The Daily Mail's current articles (where I found the one about how Jeremy Corbyn's son managed to go broke selling drugs), I came across this little 'awe cute' article about an actual midget German Shepherd.  (Yes, midget is the correct term for a pituitary dwarf.  Those affected by other forms of dwarfism are not, as midget is very specific as to what it means.)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-7709959/amp/This-adult-German-Shepherd-looks-like-puppy-rare-condition.html?ico=amp_moreTopStories

Mostly, the story is about how this dog, which will never grow beyond puppy size, has been brought through a series of serious health issues, some related to his dwarfism, and some not.  However, there's this aggravating bit at the end.

Quote'At the same time another one of our followers who also has a Dwarf German Shepard told us to get his thyroid levels checked as many dwarfs suffer from hypothyroidism.

'So our vet checked his thyroid levels and sure enough he was low, this can cause hair loss and a loss of appetite.

'After getting Ranger on Levothyroxine and using this soap his fur grew back and the dryness went away.

'Rangers litter was the first litter that our breeder had bred those to specific dogs together.'

'We believe this was the cause of the genetic defect. And as a responsible breeder will not breed the two dogs together again.

'He healthy and happy as can be as of now and loves jumping around and playing with his ball and squeaky toys with his two sisters Hazel and Jessie.'

It MIGHT sound petty, but I really expect newspapers to know the difference between homonyms.  Shouldn't even any automatic grammar checking program detect that error?