Fail Quotes

Started by Travis Retriever, October 17, 2009, 03:00:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Skm1091 on February 28, 2018, 09:28:41 PM
Oh for the love of... Are people turning into the 2032 people of demolition man?

No, they're turning into a docile version of this:

[yt]sGUNPMPrxvA[/yt]

At least the people in that movie knew they were stupid...
"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox

I've been wondering if you were ever planning getting around to any of Black Pigeon Speak's videos.  In any case here's a video where he REALLY goes off the rails!

[yt]lrVyXdwft8E[/yt]

1) The title's about radical individualism, yet I'm not sure where exactly he talks about radical individualism.  I'm instead left with the impression that any form of individualism is just radical in current circumstances.

2) He points to the most obvious and abhorrent manifestations of identity politics (Antifa), and yet says that identity politics is inevitable and required for survival.  Couldn't it just be the that people who associate with groups like Antifa are just horrible?

3) Either he's never actually seen any of Jordan Peterson's videos or has the most extremely bizarre Strawman understanding of Jordan Peterson's ideas.  Back to point 1, what exactly is so "radical" about Dr Peterson's ideas let alone individualism?

4) He closes out saying "the solutions are there to the nightmare of identity politics".  So which is it navyhato (his alias on Twitter), are identity politics a:
-bad thing, OR
-a necessary evil
MAKE UP YOUR GODDAMN MIND!!!
And seriously "look back to go forward"?  What is that supposed to mean?

The Big Lebowski concludes my thoughts perfectly:
[yt]pWdd6_ZxX8c[/yt]
Working every day to expose the terrible price we pay for government.

I've never heard of Black Pigeon Speak. Probably not, if this video is any indication. To do a response, there has to at least be a coherent thought to respond to! If there was one in that video, I missed it.

Sargon of Akkad of course is for closed borders.

[yt]ycEeDXusv7s[/yt]-

-Publicly funded infrastructure is not legitimate due to the mere ethical problems with taxation.
-Private property can be enforced WITHOUT the government.  That's why it's called a right to keep and bear arms.  To say otherwise is a false dichotomy.
-Close down the borders and it is GUARANTEED that "upper class" will see the "working class" as entitled and indolent.  After all, that "working class" is willing to keep otherwise industrious and eager individuals out of the labor market just to boost their own wages.
-More problems with this video, but I could go on.

Call yourself a "liberal" all you want Sargon, positions like these betray the little slivers of Marxism in you.  After all, Karl Marx himself did advocate for sealed off borders.

Quote from: Dallas Wildman on January 04, 2019, 10:46:13 PM
Sargon of Akkad of course is for closed borders.

[yt]ycEeDXusv7s[/yt]-

-Publicly funded infrastructure is not legitimate due to the mere ethical problems with taxation.
-Private property can be enforced WITHOUT the government.  That's why it's called a right to keep and bear arms.  To say otherwise is a false dichotomy.
-Close down the borders and it is GUARANTEED that "upper class" will see the "working class" as entitled and indolent.  After all, that "working class" is willing to keep otherwise industrious and eager individuals out of the labor market just to boost their own wages.
-More problems with this video, but I could go on.

Call yourself a "liberal" all you want Sargon, positions like these betray the little slivers of Marxism in you.  After all, Karl Marx himself did advocate for sealed off borders.

Marx may have realized that his ideas were rubbish and turning the whole country into a prison was the only way to keep people from leaving.  Then there's the issue that Marx claimed there wouldn't be countries any more, so...

As for Sargon, he thinks socialized medicine is a good idea, so...

A video from PSA Stitch:

[yt]yzE2jKgA4UY[/yt]

Putting aside objections to the existence of government ...

-Punishing a business for simply complying with hostile boycotts is NOT good policy as it puts pressure on said business to shut down operations in either our own or foreign countries.  Doing so means either country loses tax revenue.  As far as this video is concerned, if a business shuts down in an Arab League country it will make the USA even less popular in said Arab country.  To be sure, certain actions, absolutely should not be permitted for the sake of compliance with foreign regulations such as providing personally identifying information without explicit written consent or sound justification otherwise.  Tax deductions for fines levied by foreign governments would also be a good idea.
Then again legislators aren't reliable when it comes to writing sound policy, nor revising it when it's obviously broken.

-The explanation provided for the GOP's support of Israel is based solely on one side of the equation.  Yes it is true that most evangelions evangelicals believe that Israel is linked to end times (per the book of Revelations in the New Testament).  Yes it is true that evangelions evangelicals vote heavily in favor the GOP.

BBBuuuuuut ...
[spoiler]<insert pic of Assface McGee here>[/spoiler]

Evangelions Evangelicals make up only less than 1% of the population and only slightly more than a third of GOP voter base (2016 election numbers)

Factoring in the numbers cited by Stitch, that means only around a quarter of the GOP voter base their support on End Times prophecy.  Nothing to sneeze at sure, but he also points out that the Democrats also support Israel to an extent.  All of these reasons make me doubt that End Times prophecy was enough for states to enact laws prohibiting the boycotting of Israel.

It could simply be the case that most people support Israel either for business opportunities or that they simply do not want to see the same kind of mass exodus that led to the creation of Israel in the first place or both.  Though I admit to speculation, if it really is the latter case it would make the whole "End Times" prophecy justification moot.

Nonetheless both State and Federal laws are bad policy while the former is undeniably unjust.

I generally like these videos, but for this series on the Irish potatoe famine I can't seem to count how many times the narrator blames the free market while pointing out policies that go against the free market.

[yt]6DP8INm09nY[/yt]

Especially considering that here's the case another politician with cynical and superficial support of free markets.

That and people naturally attempted to help; even the Sultan of the Ottoman Empire sent supplies--against the UK government's request. The Irish still celebrate the guy--they got this plaque for him
"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox

Jordan Peele makes a questionable remark.

TYT goes out of their way to defend said remark with the most hilariously insane double standard:

[yt]7xuejtBVRG4[/yt]

Let me get this straight TYT, you actually think it's a good thing when Jordan Peele is being racist??!?!?

Quote from: Dallas Wildman on April 03, 2019, 01:30:48 AM
Jordan Peele makes a questionable remark.

TYT goes out of their way to defend said remark with the most hilariously insane double standard:

[yt]7xuejtBVRG4[/yt]

Let me get this straight TYT, you actually think it's a good thing when Jordan Peele is being racist??!?!?

They knowingly continue to call their podcast after the political movement that inspired the Nazis to commit the Holocaust (and supplied methodology for a large portion of it), and you actually have to question if they think a bad thing is actually good?

Quote from: evensgrey on April 05, 2019, 11:10:22 AM
They knowingly continue to call their podcast after the political movement that inspired the Nazis to commit the Holocaust (and supplied methodology for a large portion of it), and you actually have to question if they think a bad thing is actually good?

I know, this just happened to be one of their most dumbest segments

Quote from: Dallas Wildman on April 06, 2019, 03:48:19 AM
I know, this just happened to be one of their most dumbest segments

That's saying something, considering they can be reasonably called "The Proto-Nazis".  How do you stomach watching them?  Alex Jones is at least entertainingly crazy.

OK, let's see about this tweet.

https://twitter.com/PeoplesMomentum/status/1123213723483738118

QuoteDeeply worrying news of an attempted military coup in Venezuela, supported by Trump and the White House. US imperialism must always be opposed.

Solidarity with the Venezuelan people!

Who's it from?  Momentum, of course!

[spoiler]Momentum is a function of the UK Labour Party, currently being run by outright communists.  Naturally, they're deeply upset that their pet communist state is desperately trying to throw off the shackles of communism before everyone dies of starvation.[/spoiler]

Quote from: Kanafe headFor all of the money we are spending, NASA should NOT be talking about going to the Moon - We did that 50 years ago. They should be focused on the much bigger things we are doing, including Mars (of which the Moon is a part), Defense and Science!

For some reason, this is somehow a dumb version of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DLuALBnolM

-Jesse Cox

YouTube kept spitting this ad at me the other day:

[yt]bl5JTJLKVrs[/yt]

Now, firstly, this thing is obviously NOT a knee pad, this is a knee BRACE.  And more than that, this is a spring-loaded knee brace.  And the spring-loading is an interesting idea, but there's no way those springs are strong enough to be worth the bother.  And the brace is poorly designed, because the coverage on the front is too small to provide enough support for it to work well as a brace.  The legit knee braces I've seen have broad straps above and below the kneecap, not those little narrow things.

Now, a knee BRACE is a medical device.  How long before this outfit gets hammered by the FDA, do you think?