Fail Quotes

Started by Travis Retriever, October 17, 2009, 03:00:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Study: anti-black hiring discrimination is as prevalent today as it was in 1989

https://twitter.com/tariqnasheed/status/911313411413118977
https://www.vox.com/identities/2017/9/18/16307782/study-racism-jobs

This thing's setting off all my alarms, yet I can't quiiiite pinpoint the major issue. :p
Failing to clean up my own mistakes since the early 80s.

Maybe there wasn't really much in 1989 to begin with?

Quote from: MrBogosity on September 24, 2017, 08:57:10 AM
Maybe there wasn't really much in 1989 to begin with?

And just how well were these supposedly equivalent resumes matched up?  The study that demonstrated women are twice as likely as men to get offered US university academic positions in STEM fields didn't 'match' resumes, they used the same ones with just the names changed.

Well-known racist Tareeq Nashid (he of the swastika symbol for the system to publish any random accusation against white people) naturally pretended that the absence of black privilege is white supremacy.

I wandered from The Guardian's rather banal attempt to pretend they weren't entirely in agreement with Hillary about how she isn't responsible for being unelectable (penned by someone trying to act like they weren't agreeing with her, and doing a bad job of it), and found this prize:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/sep/28/theresa-may-capitalism-jeremy-corbyn-conference

They seem magnificently out of touch with the political situation in the UK at the moment:  Corbyn is a communist, his senoir people are communists, he's stacked the Labour Party with his sycophants, and the only reason he isn't completely tanking in the polls is because May is almost as out to lunch as he is.  In fact, the only difference of principle between them appears to be that May doesn't appear to believe political violence is a valid tactic.

October 01, 2017, 12:44:49 AM #7969 Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 12:54:42 AM by Altimadark
Guy by the twitter handle @izs has created a program to allow him to block anyone who disagrees with him. Which, according to this screencap (Original) (Mirror) amounts to over 376k people.

And gog, he's so openly proud of himself for building an echo chamber.

Quote from: Altimadark on October 01, 2017, 12:44:49 AM
Guy by the twitter handle @izs has created a program to allow him to block anyone who disagrees with him. Which, according to this screencap (Original) (Mirror) amounts to over 376k people.

And gog, he's so openly proud of himself for building an echo chamber.

Surprisingly, he doesn't seem to have blocked everyone who's pointing out that he's a nutter or those who point out he clearly has no confidence in any of his opinions.

I think he's going to be quite surprised when Twitter shuts down because it cannot make money.

Another shooting another article complaining how "too easy" it is to acquire a gun:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/16/health/getting-gun-ease-trnd/index.html

So many problems, the biggest one overall is that overlooks cost.
Working every day to expose the terrible price we pay for government.

Quote from: Dallas Wildman on November 09, 2017, 02:03:49 AM
Another shooting another article complaining how "too easy" it is to acquire a gun:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/16/health/getting-gun-ease-trnd/index.html

So many problems, the biggest one overall is that overlooks cost.

I wish it were this easy.

As it is, I can't get a "fire-ready" Brown Bess: it's too bloody expensive! ($650)
"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox

Taxation isn't theft? Gee, I wonder if this video is actually going to offer us any fresh and new arguments:

[yt]A_xn7euU-Pc[/yt]

15 seconds in and we have a "what about Somalia?"

Nope.

No Sovereign but God. No King but Jesus. No Princess but Celestia.

If you all were hoping for another one of my stupid internet arguments, you're in luck!

Summary: In practice, @RadicalGoats fails to argue against free market capitalism.

Back when Bloomberg posted that scare piece, "Americans are Dying Younger, Saving Corporations Billions," RadicalGoats gave his knee-jerk reaction, which I briefly "discussed" with him.

Five months later, RadicalGoats elected to continue the conversation (pictured below). His last tweet (as of this post, bottom of pic) is so facepalm-inducing in its cognitive dissonance that I couldn't figure out what the best response was. So I gave him three.

(link)

The thing I find absolutely baffling about this is that it's all based on this tiny little uptick at the end. Look earlier in the graph and you can see several other upticks, a couple of which are actually greater in magnitude than the last one.

This is noise, people.

Indeed; that's why I submitted Tozzi for BBE.   ;)

February 28, 2018, 07:12:42 AM #7977 Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 07:38:24 AM by Altimadark
Louisiana student says math symbol looks like a gun, prompts police investigation

*sigh*

Student B comments the square root symbol looks like a gun, Student A responds with an off-hand comment, which goes thru the rumor mill and results in Student A getting investigated by the police under suspicion that he may be planning a school shooting. Police determine Student A does not own a single gun and (shock of shocks) didn't actually do anything wrong.

The paranoid part of my brain is telling me 1) this is going to be counted as a school shooting incident, and 2) the omission of Student A's name seems rather suspicious.

Oh and it looks like Student A is going to an expulsion hearing. Gotta make an example of those dangerous students who aren't actually a threat to anybody.

[yt]JKJkd4RgNfM[/yt]

Sounds radical to me.

Quote from: Altimadark on February 28, 2018, 07:12:42 AM
Louisiana student says math symbol looks like a gun, prompts police investigation

*sigh*

Student B comments the square root symbol looks like a gun, Student A responds with an off-hand comment, which goes thru the rumor mill and results in Student A getting investigated by the police under suspicion that he may be planning a school shooting. Police determine Student A does not own a single gun and (shock of shocks) didn't actually do anything wrong.

The paranoid part of my brain is telling me 1) this is going to be counted as a school shooting incident, and 2) the omission of Student A's name seems rather suspicious.

Oh and it looks like Student A is going to an expulsion hearing. Gotta make an example of those dangerous students who aren't actually a threat to anybody.

[yt]JKJkd4RgNfM[/yt]

Oh for the love of... Are people turning into the 2032 people of demolition man?