Fail Quotes

Started by Travis Retriever, October 17, 2009, 03:00:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
September 25, 2016, 01:05:37 PM #7920 Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 01:14:11 PM by Altimadark
"this moment in history, for a presidential election, is not the time for a protest vote." – @BernieSanders on @FaceTheNation

Yes, I know we hear this sentiment every election cycle.

Doesn't make it any less fail-worthy.

EDIT: Also, doesn't the fact that you have to worry about a "protest vote" suggest you know the Federal Government is doing a piss-poor job?
Failing to clean up my own mistakes since the early 80s.

Quote from: Altimadark on September 25, 2016, 01:05:37 PM
"this moment in history, for a presidential election, is not the time for a protest vote." – @BernieSanders on @FaceTheNation

Yes, I know we hear this sentiment every election cycle.

Doesn't make it any less fail-worthy.

EDIT: Also, doesn't the fact that you have to worry about a "protest vote" suggest you know the Federal Government is doing a piss-poor job?

He certainly knows the Federal Government is doing a piss-poor job.  The real thing that is indicated by the worry about a 'protest vote' is that he's worried that the VOTERS have noticed, are pissed off, and want it to change.

"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

In other news, people lying, wrong, or inaccurate are not a big deal:

https://www.google.com/amp/m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5844b2f2e4b0c68e04818206/amp

Seriously at this point I'm not sure whome to condemn: huffpo (don't know if they're telling the truth) or Ryan.

"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox

Quote from: Ibrahim90 on December 05, 2016, 04:40:45 AM
In other news, people lying, wrong, or inaccurate are not a big deal:

https://www.google.com/amp/m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5844b2f2e4b0c68e04818206/amp

Seriously at this point I'm not sure whome to condemn: huffpo (don't know if they're telling the truth) or Ryan.

A bit of this interview on the radio on the way home from work this morning suddenly brought a fascinating thought:  What if Trump is putting out all this (actually quite well founded, given what we already know about the Democratic Party's fraudulent activities) inflammatory stuff to distract his political opponents from finding anything real to talk about?  If so, then Ryan is actually not helping when he talks about how his meetings with Trump are almost purely the practical business of setting policies, selecting people to implement them, and how to get them implemented.

December 07, 2016, 10:32:38 PM #7925 Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 10:47:05 PM by Ibrahim90
You may be giving Ryan too much credit. Or the media; not sure which.

Anyways: dad "reports" that Oxygen smuggling is seen as an issue in Egypt

The title translates as: "phenomenon of air-smuggling in Egypt--very dangerous!"

[yt]GzIwrRvV60o[/yt]

(obviously it isn't: the people were "informed", a la dihydrogen monoxide style, that Oxygen is being smuggled out of the part of Earth's atmosphere over Egypt. When asked what to do if they run out of Oxygen, Many suggested getting Oxygen from the US, or the gulf states. Never mind the obvious effects of such a patently ludicrous scenario taking place, I'm now suddenly imagining Egyptians doing
This

[yt]SiabeNR_q0U[/yt]
"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox

For context, Mr. Eichenwald is proposing that this is somehow a bad thing.

I cannot give this tweet even half the eyerolls/facepalms/etc it deserves.
Failing to clean up my own mistakes since the early 80s.

Quote from: Altimadark on December 29, 2016, 09:22:52 PM
For context, Mr. Eichenwald is proposing that this is somehow a bad thing.

I cannot give this tweet even half the eyerolls/facepalms/etc it deserves.

It should be noted that the people he's decrying for living in mansions AREN'T all that rich.  He's describing what are usually known as 'upper middle class' or 'professionals'.  (This basically are the people who make their living by acquired skills that usually take some underlying talent to learn and use well, but don't usually involve any great physical exertion or use of heavy equipment.)

I'm damn well pleased that people typically in the low 6 figures for income are able to buy large, luxurious homes today.  That indicates just how fast productivity has improved.

Decrying that the richest get richer ultimately means you'd be perfectly happy if everyone lived in identical mud huts, and would object if the worst homes actually in use were small modern cottages if the best were large mansions.

Quote from: evensgrey on December 30, 2016, 02:36:26 PM
It should be noted that the people he's decrying for living in mansions AREN'T all that rich.  He's describing what are usually known as 'upper middle class' or 'professionals'.  (This basically are the people who make their living by acquired skills that usually take some underlying talent to learn and use well, but don't usually involve any great physical exertion or use of heavy equipment.)

I'm damn well pleased that people typically in the low 6 figures for income are able to buy large, luxurious homes today.  That indicates just how fast productivity has improved.

Decrying that the richest get richer ultimately means you'd be perfectly happy if everyone lived in identical mud huts, and would object if the worst homes actually in use were small modern cottages if the best were large mansions.
Gotta love the rat race mentality of modern liberals.
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"

Okay, so I said I wasn't going to post much in this thread anymore, but this was just too much NOT to post:

"Discrimination is how things are made good."--Cantwell, from this:  https://www.facebook.com/LibertyHangout/videos/1852066598340254/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED

Also, given that this is a live feed, currently in motion, by clicking that link, you agree I am not responsible for any content (including the breaking of rules of this forum, and so forth) that Cantwell ends up saying, should he use the n-word.  I posted that as a source for those who want to see it.  I haven't and am not going to watch that debate.

Quote from: Travis Retriever on January 17, 2017, 08:48:57 PM
Okay, so I said I wasn't going to post much in this thread anymore, but this was just too much NOT to post:

"Discrimination is how things are made good."--Cantwell, from this:  https://www.facebook.com/LibertyHangout/videos/1852066598340254/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED

Also, given that this is a live feed, currently in motion, by clicking that link, you agree I am not responsible for any content (including the breaking of rules of this forum, and so forth) that Cantwell ends up saying, should he use the n-word.  I posted that as a source for those who want to see it.  I haven't and am not going to watch that debate.

1-I don't think Cantwell understands the difference between racial and product discrimination.
2-get used to posting here again: no doubt the fail will rain harder still. Trump has not been in office a week, and he's already won an IE.

-Jesse Cox

January 21, 2017, 10:06:43 PM #7931 Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 10:16:22 PM by BlameThe1st
[yt]XHEzU1BLp8o[/yt]

Sweet Celestia! This video contains so much straw that you can barely find a needle in it!

Yo, Shane, can we have Lord Killian rip this strawman a new one? Consider this a request.

No Sovereign but God. No King but Jesus. No Princess but Celestia.

Quote from: BlameThe1st on January 21, 2017, 10:06:43 PM
[yt]XHEzU1BLp8o[/yt]

Sweet Celestia! This video contains so much straw that you can barely find a needle in it!

Yo, Shane, can we have Lord Killian rip this strawman a new one? Consider this a request.
Seconded.

Quote from: BlameThe1st on January 21, 2017, 10:06:43 PM
[yt]XHEzU1BLp8o[/yt]

Man...I'll try, but I'm having trouble making it through the stupid...

Found another stupid video in the mentions of that other video:

[yt]Uqr7c4T7uaE[/yt]

The stupid, it burns.

1. If you are the legal guardian of a child, especially an infant, withholding food from them to the point of starvation would be considered child neglect, and thus a form of aggression.

2. Property is the fruit of ones labor. It is literally an extension of their humanity. Property rights are human rights. Also, that extreme example is just that: an extreme example. No one would defend shooting a child for stepping onto a neighbor's lawn. No sane court would defend such a case.

3. That's not how wages work. Does this person not Econ 101. If nobody is forcing you to work on that factory, nobody is forcing you to labor on their behalf.

No Sovereign but God. No King but Jesus. No Princess but Celestia.