Fail Quotes

Started by Travis Retriever, October 17, 2009, 03:00:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: surhotchaperchlorome on April 01, 2013, 01:11:23 PM
Love the free pass given to cops and soldiers and other agents of govco.

Or how about his own bodyguards?

Quote from: D on April 01, 2013, 01:27:46 PM
Or how about his own bodyguards?

to quote a saying, the three signs of a hypocrite are that he lies when he speaks, if he makes a promise he breaks it, and if he is trusted with something, he will betray the trust.

trust Jim Carrey, Michael Moore, or the others to live up to their anti-gun principles, and you'll find them betraying it....
"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox

From Speak Liberty Now on Facebook:
QuoteIs abortion rightfully called "evictionism"? Because evictionism implies the womb is property... And by most counts and definitions of homesteading, I don't see how it can be said the baby didn't homestead the whom in which he is apparently being evicted from.

So, basically, the woman gets to act as a state and apply her will over the babies property via eminent domain? Hmmmm... not sure the argument for "evictionism" holds water.

So the mother doesn't own her womb? So the mother is the slave of the fetus?

"The growth of the Internet will slow drastically, as the flaw in 'Metcalfe's law'–which states that the number of potential connections in a network is proportional to the square of the number of participants–becomes apparent: most people have nothing to say to each other! By 2005 or so, it will become clear that the Internet's impact on the economy has been no greater than the fax machine's." —Paul Krugman (1998) (ironically in his article Why most economists' predictions are wrong)

Quote from: MrBogosity on April 02, 2013, 02:45:12 PM
"The growth of the Internet will slow drastically, as the flaw in 'Metcalfe's law'–which states that the number of potential connections in a network is proportional to the square of the number of participants–becomes apparent: most people have nothing to say to each other! By 2005 or so, it will become clear that the Internet's impact on the economy has been no greater than the fax machine's." —Paul Krugman (1998) (ironically in his article Why most economists' predictions are wrong)

that is one funny statement...
"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox

These screenshots from the new Sim City game.

>Libertarian Utopia
>no power, water, or sewer systems

Because we all know only governments can do that shit.

Quote from: D on April 02, 2013, 10:00:40 PM
These screenshots from the new Sim City game.

>Libertarian Utopia
>no power, water, or sewer systems

Because we all know only governments can do that shit.

No garbage collection, either. Hey, I'm in a place without municipal garbage collection, there's still going to be a truck coming tomorrow morning to pick up the garbage in the bins I rolled down earlier this evening. Must be magic!

No one apparently creates any businesses, either: 100% residential.

OTOH, there's no crime, no homelessness, no fires or other disasters, and no one gets sick.

Yeah, I'm seeing a few problems here.

Quote from: MrBogosity on April 02, 2013, 10:06:35 PM
No garbage collection, either. Hey, I'm in a place without municipal garbage collection, there's still going to be a truck coming tomorrow morning to pick up the garbage in the bins I rolled down earlier this evening. Must be magic!

No one apparently creates any businesses, either: 100% residential.

OTOH, there's no crime, no homelessness, no fires or other disasters, and no one gets sick.

Yeah, I'm seeing a few problems here.

Are we libertarians the only ones who are aware that actual humans are involved in economics?
"The more laws and order are made prominent, the more thieves and robbers there will be."
Lao Tzu

Really, facebook page Right off a cliff?

QuoteOh no!! What would happen if we had tighter gun regulations and allowed gays to get married?

Let's just ask Canada.

God hasn't wiped them off the planet, the population isn't shrinking and masked marauders haven't taken the country from the unarmed citizens.

Oh, they also have universal health care AND have a longer life expectancy than Americans.
"The more laws and order are made prominent, the more thieves and robbers there will be."
Lao Tzu

Quote from: R.E.H.W.R. on April 03, 2013, 02:04:04 AM
Really, facebook page Right off a cliff?

This this idiot realize that many pro gun people are non religious?

Quote from: Skm1091 on April 03, 2013, 02:39:48 AM
This this idiot realize that many pro gun people are non religious?

No, just liberal morons seem to think that being pro gay marriage means your also pro gun control.

Also, does it seem that people who come from various parts of Europe complain about US politicians wanting to censor and ban violent video games, but forget that some parts of Europe, England as an example, do just that?
Lao Tzu

http://imgur.com/gallery/k68uhkI
Picture itself is not a fail, just the blatant double standards it points out.
I recently heard that the word heretic is derived from the greek work heriticos which means "able to choose"
The more you know...

Quote from: R.E.H.W.R. on April 03, 2013, 02:49:36 AM
No, just liberal morons seem to think that being pro gay marriage means your also pro gun control.

Also, does it seem that people who come from various parts of Europe complain about US politicians wanting to censor and ban violent video games, but forget that some parts of Europe, England as an example, do just that?

I never got that first part: it's not like political positions come in one size fits all motifs...

as to the second part: yeah, hypocrisy again. It's a common sight these days with the gun-control movement.

-Jesse Cox

[yt]LHxQx-Zi5oQ[/yt]

I like Lacigreen but it clearly shows that economics is not her forte'

GMOS!
BIG PHARMA!
PESTICIDES!
HERBICIDES!
SCARY WORDS!
RUN AWAY!!!!!!!!