Christ Myth Hypothesis

Started by Efilnikufesin420, December 04, 2009, 01:31:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Ok any logical person should follow Occams razor and conclude that no invisible space man created everything... Atheism is free, and good. But the so called "New atheists" have been really pushing the whole Jesus never even existed thing and... Without having really delved into it myself... It just REEKS of bogosity. The two popular platforms for this idea is that incredibly bogus Zeitgeist and The God who Wasnt Their which spend about two minutes on the historocity of Jesus.

Shane, I was wondering what you think of the Christ myth hypothesis... Does it hold water? Is there smoking gun documents regarding Jesus that instantly prove it to be bogus? Did Jesus really exist? Your one smart dude and I just wanna know what you... And everyone else thinks...

I'm new btw... Hello.

Howdy, new guy. :)

Well, I don't really know that much about it, but I do know that the people claiming existence have the burden of proof; as they are making the positive claim.
See Shane's video called, "Atheism and the Null Hypothesis".

"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

The main argument is the fact that the lack of sources outside the bible give pause for through.  I mean, at any point in history, if there was someone going around healing the sick, walking on water and other amazing things, wouldn't there have been more records of it?  I mean that would be pretty big news.  Every writer and historian should have been writing about him.
I recently heard that the word heretic is derived from the greek work heriticos which means "able to choose"
The more you know...

Yeah, Pliny the Elder was a much closer contemporary of Jesus than any of the Bible scholars, and he missed him completely.