Stefan Molyneux

Started by Skm1091, March 09, 2018, 02:28:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
What is your opinion of him?

I personally think he has gone a little loopy in recent years.

Yeah, he became a Trumpeter and a race realist.

Quote from: MrBogosity on March 09, 2018, 04:51:41 PM
Yeah, he became a Trumpeter and a race realist.

I also hear him rant on about IQ. I heard IQ is rising in every nation even in poor sub saharan african countries. Too fast for it to be genetic.

Some of the trippiest videos of him I watched were his movie critiques. One that had me raising an eyebrow was in his stars wars critique when he claimed that the x wing fighters represent the sperm and the death star the egg. Can anyone say Paraidolia and Apophenia?

In other words--what a shock, I know--it might have something to do with educatino and free access to new ideas and information?

I'm seeing this now back home: a guy from Egypt, of all places, made a video peddling Darwin out! I couldn't do this without first hiding my name and face back in my day: Shane can tell you my initial reaction when he put my name out on the podcast XD

I'm seeing videos, making fun of leaders, and discussing new ideas on religion and government. Just hope this takes us in the right direction.

Anyway: that cunt lost all credibility after the TruShibes affair.
"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox

March 11, 2018, 06:00:57 PM #4 Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 06:06:52 PM by Skm1091
Quote from: Ibrahim90 on March 11, 2018, 05:46:19 PM
In other words--what a shock, I know--it might have something to do with educatino and free access to new ideas and information?

I'm seeing this now back home: a guy from Egypt, of all places, made a video peddling Darwin out! I couldn't do this without first hiding my name and face back in my day: Shane can tell you my initial reaction when he put my name out on the podcast XD

I'm seeing videos, making fun of leaders, and discussing new ideas on religion and government. Just hope this takes us in the right direction.

Anyway: that cunt lost all credibility after the TruShibes affair.

I heard the most common consensus on race is that there are some differences here and there, but the differences are so minuscule that it's almost not worth considering. Is this correct?

And even if there are genetic differences, IQ is definitely not one them.

I also heard that Stefan is now blocking and deleting anyone that calls him out. That is why I unsubscribed from him.

Who's TruShibes?

March 11, 2018, 09:57:13 PM #5 Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 10:06:31 PM by Ibrahim90
Quote from: Skm1091 on March 11, 2018, 06:00:57 PM
I heard the most common consensus on race is that there are some differences here and there, but the differences are so minuscule that it's almost not worth considering. Is this correct?

And even if there are genetic differences, IQ is definitely not one them.

I also heard that Stefan is now blocking and deleting anyone that calls him out. That is why I unsubscribed from him.

Who's TruShibes?

It's "worse" than that--at least for "race realists": the differences simply grade into each other, with relatively few distinct boundaries. Additionally, if you're going to divide humanity, it works out that everyone outside Africa is closer to each other than Africans are to each other (And all people out of Africa are a subset of Africans anyway); and the total differences between all humans is extremely low--some say less than a troop of chimps.

To give you an idea of how surreal it can get, consider that, as per genetic analysis, Cheddar man (a hunter-gatherer from England), had blue eyes, and dark skin: people would today call him "black". This guy lived around 9,000 years ago--he or his relations have descendants in England too. A man from Spain, 7,000 years ago, was surprisingly similar: dark skin, dark hair, blue eyes. These weren't recent arrivals from Africa: they were descendants of Ukrainian migrants who settled the region after the last glacial maximum (post 15,000 BP). They in turn were descendants of the first Europeans, who came to the region 40,000 years ago. People didn't start to get lighter skin till Near Eastern Farmers migrated there.

And as you correctly said: none of this has any impact on character, or intelligence.

Also:

Quote from: Travis Retriever on August 21, 2014, 12:55:44 PM
[yt]y7el4lGbkfY[/yt]
From roughly 1:03:00 onward...
Then there's the stuff about Stef filing a DMCA...that his fanbase is defending.
[yt]GhBO0Pk6iNk[/yt]

Go here to see it in context:

https://www.bogosity.tv/forum/index.php?topic=315.6465

Dave and I were discussing this with Tim, but sufficed to say: one of his lieutenants filed a DMCA claim against TruShibes, allegedly for "harassment". The guy who was affected wasn't guilty of this: the person had simply made videos showing what they believed to be Molyneaux's hypocrisy. When this was called out, Molyneaux not only didn't apologize or at least deal with the lieutenant, he doubled down on the harassment angle.
"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox

BTW You guys ever watched his wonder woman review?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEr4VwCV-E4

I seem to have problem linking YouTube videos

It is obvious that he's talking out of his ass and he didn't even watch the movie. It is also the perfect example of apophenia and pareidolia.

I could do an almost complete point by point refutation of it

Quote from: Skm1091 on March 09, 2018, 11:11:56 PM
I also hear him rant on about IQ. I heard IQ is rising in every nation even in poor sub saharan african countries. Too fast for it to be genetic.

Yes, that's the Flynn Effect. IQs are increasing at something like 3 points per decade, and the difference in IQ between races is narrowing. It probably has more to do with prenatal and childhood nutrition than anything else.