Fav quotes

Started by Lord T Hawkeye, September 19, 2009, 01:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
[yt]cF2359mSCzk[/yt]
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

But something bothers me.  If the state (e.g. my econ professor) really believed that things like roads and water ways cannot be provided by the private (peaceful) market, why does the government have to outright prohibit competition to its own "services"?
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"

Quote from: surhotchaperchlorome on August 15, 2011, 07:40:20 PM
But something bothers me.  If the state (e.g. my econ professor) really believed that things like roads and water ways cannot be provided by the private (peaceful) market, why does the government have to outright prohibit competition to its own "services"?

Something I've asked many, many times, and never gotten a single answer for.

August 16, 2011, 08:50:02 AM #1084 Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 09:17:05 AM by D
Quote from: MrBogosity on August 16, 2011, 08:39:16 AM
Jon Stewart NAILS it! http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-august-15-2011/indecision-2012---corn-polled-edition---ron-paul---the-top-tier?xrs=share_copy

The media ignoring Ron is nothing new, but at least someone who gets a large audience is pointing out how blatant it is.

This was blatantly obvious in the 2008 elections as well, and honestly, I find this to be one of the main reasons why Ron didn't win the Republican nomination in the first place.

Also, saw this in my email from DownsizeDC.org:
"Everyone wants to live at the expense of the state. They forget that the state wants to live at the expense of everyone." Frederic Bastiat

You know, as much as people want to give flak about Stewart for being liberal I think he has a bit of a Libertarian streak in him.

Quote from: FSBlueApocalypse on August 16, 2011, 10:35:50 AM
You know, as much as people want to give flak about Stewart for being liberal I think he has a bit of a Libertarian streak in him.

He can be at times. Hell, I've even seen Bill Maher with a bit of Libertarian in him at least when talking about Ron Paul...then again he shuts that all off the second he doesn't mention him.

[yt]qJKPTSvzoJ4[/yt]

From the Penn Jillette article I just posted:

"It's amazing to me how many people think that voting to have the government give poor people money is compassion. Helping poor and suffering people is compassion. Voting for our government to use guns to give money to help poor and suffering people is immoral self-righteous bullying laziness."

"The difference between an addiction to heroin and an addiction to statism is that statism kills more people and is harder to cure." --Michael Shanklin

Quote from: D on August 16, 2011, 10:41:02 AM
He can be at times. Hell, I've even seen Bill Maher with a bit of Libertarian in him at least when talking about Ron Paul...then again he shuts that all off the second he doesn't mention him.

We all are many people to many thing.

[yt]MGNahtIpCwY[/yt]

Love the sarcasm here.

Quote from: D on August 19, 2011, 09:24:19 AM
[yt]MGNahtIpCwY[/yt]

Love the sarcasm here.

Wow, that was a veritable deluge of sarcasitrons!

Quote from: MrBogosity on August 19, 2011, 09:37:42 AM
Wow, that was a veritable deluge of sarcasitrons!

[yt]ggXmKPMaHMo[/yt]

August 19, 2011, 10:18:26 AM #1094 Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 10:22:19 AM by surhotchaperchlorome
Quote from: D on August 19, 2011, 09:24:19 AM[yt]MGNahtIpCwY[/yt]  Love the sarcasm here.

He also made a video before that on the same topic with even MORE sarcasm. :D