Fav quotes

Started by Lord T Hawkeye, September 19, 2009, 01:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: MrBogosity on August 10, 2011, 07:06:17 PM
I was inspired to create this by something FlowCell said:

Saved a copy to my harddrive. :)
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

Quote from: D on August 10, 2011, 07:17:53 PM

Because I'm a fan of irony (and funny internet images) I simply HAD to save that too. :)
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"

Here is a good comment from the Pat Condell video on the riots:
QuoteThis is the most intellectually lazy video you've put out so far, Pat. You call the rioters all manner of names and say we should take away everything from them, problem solved, QED.

How about this. Instead of Other'ing them like mental midgets of the religious world are prone to do, you try to understand the underlying problems.

I'm not saying what rioters did should be excused, far from it. Punish them appropriately. But calling them names and writing them off solves nothing in society.

Why, hello there, my new desktop background!

Another fave quote from Flowcell:

"Government, if it emerged from anything, emerged from a state of nature, not a free market. If you are a priest king living in the ancient world, you got all the women and had money so spend since giving you money somehow appeased the gods, so why support a free market when you live the good life?

I'd have a lot more money today if I had invested it instead of giving it away to a Church when I was younger. Church and State are the evil twins born out of Theocracy."

"If government is the answer, it was a stupid question." --A bumper sticker I just saw

Quote from: MrBogosity on August 12, 2011, 02:56:59 PM"If government is the answer, it was a stupid question." --A bumper sticker I just saw

Awesome bumper sticker. :)

Here's a possible one I once saw:  "If you can read this, I'm not impressed.  Most people can read."  though it was from a pic I saw on the internet.

Damn! When Rand Paul has his game on, he has it ON!

[yt]ePZGWvwvH_0[/yt]

Quote from: MrBogosity on August 12, 2011, 09:42:03 PM
Damn! When Rand Paul has his game on, he has it ON!

[yt]ePZGWvwvH_0[/yt]

DAAAYUUUM!!!

Shame he can't be this good all the time though. My head still hurts thinking about that idiocy he spewed on that podcast.

[yt]SkzV5AIK8iM[/yt]

T-shirt I saw at work today: Don't steal.  The government hates the competition.

This one from my all time fav video game, Persona 4.

People can't live alone, if you give in and sever your ties to human society, it will naturally be harder to live in it.  Yet you refuse to face life and admit your fault, running from your own humanity like a coward!  And though you claim to find life troublesome, you caused nothing but trouble for many others!  Your twisted logic is that of an immature, egocentric brat! - Naoto in response to the villain's speech.
I recently heard that the word heretic is derived from the greek work heriticos which means "able to choose"
The more you know...

Quote from: Lord T Hawkeye on August 13, 2011, 07:52:59 PM
T-shirt I saw at work today: Don't steal.  The government hates the competition.

Ron Paul has that on a placard in his Congressional office. Wouldn't it be great to tune in to a speech from the Oval Office and see that on President Paul's desk?

Quote from: Lord T Hawkeye on August 13, 2011, 07:52:59 PM
This one from my all time fav video game, Persona 4.

People can't live alone, if you give in and sever your ties to human society, it will naturally be harder to live in it.  Yet you refuse to face life and admit your fault, running from your own humanity like a coward!  And though you claim to find life troublesome, you caused nothing but trouble for many others!  Your twisted logic is that of an immature, egocentric brat! - Naoto in response to the villain's speech.

It would be a better quote for me if I didn't hear constant similar stuff from statists (e.g. Vogter2100) saying that, as libertarians, we hate civilization because we hate taxation (seriously), and from Thunderf00t saying that we libertarians "are forgetting that humans are a social species".  Again, I wish I was making those up...

Except those arguments actually work against them, not for them, if only they stopped for 20 seconds and seriously thought about it.  Humans are social animals and that's why we have to point guns at them to make them cooperate?  Of course nobody would understand that!  It makes no sense!
I recently heard that the word heretic is derived from the greek work heriticos which means "able to choose"
The more you know...

August 15, 2011, 10:21:35 AM #1079 Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 01:56:45 PM by Virgil0211
Today, the win quotes (with mild sprinklings of fail) come to us from the unexpected source of theelmoisevil (I know he does that fucked up some caps some not thingy, but whatever.)

On FSAthe1st's latest video, he had this to say.

"My vote does not carry the weight of a Lobbyists Check. So yes... pretty useless actually. Especially considering human beings can "lie". Would you imagine that... someone lying to get elected. And it is not like that is the exception to the rule. In fact politcians lie continually. And even when caught they continue to lie. Widespread corruption is also well documented. So what is this "vote" you speak of?"

"You don't even stand a chance intellectually so you ban people. You're feeding on people's fears in your videos. Fears of losing the security afforded to them by the state ignoring that one can achieve all of the security afforded by the state utilizing non-authoritarian voluntary means (a form of anarcho-collectivism). A total False Dichotomy you present in your videos. Either you're aware of this and being purposefully misleading (lying) or you're simply ignorant."

(Fail in red, but I think you'll understand my reasons for posting this here.)