Fav quotes

Started by Lord T Hawkeye, September 19, 2009, 01:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
"So sadly lost in all the political prancing of partisan posturing is the fact that, great or small, voting for evil begets evil. Always has... always will. As long as we continue to vote for the lesser of two evils, evil always wins. Nothing else has a chance to win but evil." --R. Lee Wrights

"I am not surprised that Standard & Poor's downgraded the U.S. government's credit rating from AAA to AA+. After all, why should the government have good 'credit' when the politicians who run it have no credibility?" --Jim Babka

Quote from: MrBogosity on August 09, 2011, 11:16:24 AM
"I am not surprised that Standard & Poor's downgraded the U.S. government's credit rating from AAA to AA+. After all, why should the government have good 'credit' when the politicians who run it have no credibility?" --Jim Babka

A Scottish friend of mine on Facebook had this to say in regards to the riots happening in England:
Quote"The unthinking hypocrisy of this country makes me laugh too though. People are outraged about the destruction in London, but the vast majority still go with the "support the troops" propaganda as they do a million times worse to innocent people overseas for nothing. But I guess it's okay because they wear uniforms and get given orders so can't be held responsible. Plus, people don't have the BBC to tell them that it's abhorrent and wrong, and God forbid that anyone should think for themselves."

I heard about the riots in London but wasn't able to read the paper at work due to it being busy.  What were the riots all about?
I recently heard that the word heretic is derived from the greek work heriticos which means "able to choose"
The more you know...

Quote from: Lord T Hawkeye on August 09, 2011, 12:02:30 PM
I heard about the riots in London but wasn't able to read the paper at work due to it being busy.  What were the riots all about?

Initially, the riots were about police shooting and killing a guy who was an alleged gang member, but they had no evidence to support it. They also planted evidence on the guy to say that he fired first. When the town started peaceful protests to get answers from the police, the police didn't do anything. That's how the riots started. Eventually it escalated to the point now where the initial reason behind it was completely lost though. Now people are just rioting for the sake of it at this point.

I saw one very despicable report that said it was due to the same forces that caused the rise of the Tea Party in America, even though the only rioter I saw interviewed said that it was about power to the people and redistributing the wealth, and that he was an anarchist (clearly anarcho-communist).

Quote from: MrBogosity on August 09, 2011, 12:10:49 PM
I saw one very despicable report that said it was due to the same forces that caused the rise of the Tea Party in America, even though the only rioter I saw interviewed said that it was about power to the people and redistributing the wealth, and that he was an anarchist (clearly anarcho-communist).

Yeah, apparently the economic problems in England are part of what inspired the riots as well, but the initial riot was triggered by the police thing.

Quote from: MrBogosity on August 09, 2011, 12:10:49 PM

So in his opinion, they don't redistribute wealth ENOUGH?

Retard....
I recently heard that the word heretic is derived from the greek work heriticos which means "able to choose"
The more you know...

Quote from: D on August 09, 2011, 12:05:30 PM
Initially, the riots were about police shooting and killing a guy who was an alleged gang member, but they had no evidence to support it. They also planted evidence on the guy to say that he fired first. When the town started peaceful protests to get answers from the police, the police didn't do anything. That's how the riots started. Eventually it escalated to the point now where the initial reason behind it was completely lost though. Now people are just rioting for the sake of it at this point.

If I remember correctly, didn't England institute a strict gun control policy, one so uncompromising that British Olympic shooting competitors had to leave the country to practice, that was supposed to prevent this kind of violence?

Huh... Just.... Huh...

Many Brits are proud of their countries strict gun control policy and how they don't have to worry about things like this as a result.

"The problem with politicians is, when they see the light at the end of the tunnel, they build a longer tunnel." --Glen Murray, Ontario Minister of Innovation

August 10, 2011, 04:37:41 PM #1061 Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 04:39:54 PM by MrBogosity
[yt]eUSaNN0LTWk[/yt]

Transcript:

QuoteI have a message for Rick Perry and the American people.

My name is Wes Benedict and I have the honor of serving as Executive Director of the Libertarian National Committee here in Washington, DC. I lived in Texas for fifteen years and voted against Rick Perry for governor both times I had a chance.

Now Rick Perry wants to run for president. I have a message for you, Rick Perry.

Rick Perry, you are a pretender, not a defender of free markets.

You supported Lance Armstrong's 3 billion dollar Texas taxpayer funded medical research center. That's like ObamaCare. That's not free market.

Rick Perry, you secured a 300 million dollar business handout slush fund for you and just the two leaders of the legislature to dole out to whomever you felt like being friendly to. That's corporate welfare, a recipe for corruption, and as bad as the TARP bailouts that caused the Tea Parties to explode all across America. In fact, you gave 20 million dollars to Countrywide Financial which later went bankrupt.

You supported a new state business tax. You set up toll road tax collection booths all over Texas highways. The Austin Tea Party and the Austin Toll Party booed at you on the steps of the state Capitol for that. I was there.

Rick Perry, you signed an executive order forcing young Texas schoolgirls to get the HPV vaccine even if it was against their will -- even if it was against their parents' will -- while your former chief of staff was a lobbyist for Merck. Rick Perry, your judgment was so bad the Texas legislature revolted against you and overturned your decision.

I want to compliment you in one area. Libertarians like me embrace immigration and welcome people from Mexico and the rest of the world who seek a better life and the blessings of liberty. Compared to most Republicans, you have been pretty open to immigration. I credit you for being friendly to our southern neighbors. Rick Perry, I support amnesty and I think you do too. You supported a guest worker program to help people who would otherwise be illegal aliens.

But I'm concerned about our economy, about job opportunities, and the direction our country has been headed for a long time. Rick Perry, our country is in deep trouble. We don't need another pretender, we need a real defender of liberty.

Rick Perry, I will not vote for you for president.

Reading the comments to that video, I see alot of "I'm a Libertarian but fuck the immigrants" wow

Quote from: MrBogosity on August 10, 2011, 04:37:41 PM
[yt]eUSaNN0LTWk[/yt]

Transcript:

I was gonna post this actually.

He almost came off like he was shooting a wrestling promo.

This guy vs. Rick Perry at Fiscalmania 28!

Someone should make that match in SVR 2011...

I was inspired to create this by something FlowCell said: