Fav quotes

Started by Lord T Hawkeye, September 19, 2009, 01:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
[yt]vWM7q48YTfY[/yt]

I've always liked John Stossel.

[yt]74RUZqUsmh0[/yt]

This parody of Alex Jones made me lol so god damned hard.

FINALLY some sense on this issue:

[yt]UosVYYMGsJ0[/yt]

"The problem today is that we don't have much of a national defense. We can't protect this country against any two-bit dictator who gets his hands on a nuclear missile. What we do have is a giant national offense! We have the ability to annihilate any country in the world. We have troops in almost 100 countries of the world as though we were the occupying Roman army. We have bullied other countries into coming to Washington and agreeing to settlements that the President of the United States thinks is good for them. And, of course, we've been bombing countries around the world. It's no wonder that terrorists are trying to attack our country! They don't like our foreign policy. They don't like the idea that we are running their countries, and they want to influence our foreign policy. And the only way they know how to do that is by blowing up the World Trade Center or whatever. If we would simply butt out of other countries' affairs, then other countries would be much less anxious to come over here and try to terrorize us."

--Harry Browne, 3 July 2000 (14 months before 9/11)

How much different would our country be today if he'd been elected?

"An essential point in the social philosophy of interventionism is the existence of an inexhaustible fund which can be squeezed forever. The whole system of interventionism collapses when the fountain is drained off: The Santa Clause principle liquidates itself." - Ludwig von Mises

Campaign of Liberty quoting Mises was a nice surprise.

Except that I doubt very much Mises misspelled "Santa Claus."

Quote from: MrBogosity on July 18, 2011, 03:02:41 PM
Except that I doubt very much Mises misspelled "Santa Claus."

Hmm...never caught that. Then again, I've seen it spelled both ways commonly before.

Quote from: D on July 18, 2011, 01:33:30 PM
"An essential point in the social philosophy of interventionism is the existence of an inexhaustible fund which can be squeezed forever. The whole system of interventionism collapses when the fountain is drained off: The Santa Claus principle liquidates itself." - Ludwig von Mises

Campaign of Liberty quoting Mises was a nice surprise.

True that. Thereby observing that the military interventionist conservatives are about as "small government and free market" as Stalin.
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

Matt Dillahunty in drag is WIN--and his opening argument about how people don't fit in boxes is DEFINITELY a Fav Quote:

[yt]Nxg9dxesl4w[/yt]

[yt]sEP8cQF-QC4[/yt]

This is REAL patriotism: http://yfrog.com/klz2lqqj

"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole COUNTRY decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences.

"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world--

"No, YOU move."

--Captain America

I've never read any of the Cap's comic books, but i sure as hell am exited about the upcoming movie. Hopefully that one has some of these thrown in there.

Again, not political or science related, but awesome none the less.

Before the cutting edge promos CM Punk put out a few weeks ago, we had arguably the greatest heel turn promo ever.

This was roughly back in 2005, possibly 2006. CM Punk had just faced Austin Aries for the ROH World Championship and won it after an amazing match. Everyone knew CM Punk would be leaving the company soon so he decided to cut a promo. What started off as a celebration with the fans suddenly turned into the greatest heel turn of all time.

[yt]No-UEqcdTXE[/yt]

Here is part of the promo transcribed for you guys:
Quote"This belt, in the hands of any other man, is just a belt. In my hands it becomes power. Just like this microphone, in the hands of any of the boys in the back, is just a microphone. You put it in the hands of a dangerous man like myself and it becomes a pipe bomb. These words that I speak, spoken by anybody else but me are simply words strung together and loosely formed into sentences. What I say I mean and what I mean I say and they become anthems! You see if I could be afforded the time to tell all of you here today a little bit of a story. It's a parable of sorts.

There was once an old man, walking home from work; he was walking in the snow, and he stumbled upon a snake frozen in the ice. He took that snake and he brought it home and he took care of it and he thawed it out and he nursed it back to health. And as soon as that snake was well enough it bit that old man. And as the old man lay there dying he asked the snake, 'Why? I took care of you. I loved you. I saved your life.' And that snake looked that man right in the eye and said, 'You stupid old man. I'm a snake.'

The greatest thing the devil ever did was make you people believe that he didn't exist. And you're looking at him right now. I am the devil himself! And all of you stupid mindless people fell for it!"

The snake story is pure bogosity, by the way. Snakes only bite people when they're threatened.

Quote from: MrBogosity on July 20, 2011, 05:37:06 PM
The snake story is pure bogosity, by the way. Snakes only bite people when they're threatened.

To be fair, pro wrestling is pure bogosity. Doesn't stop it from being awesome.