Fav quotes

Started by Lord T Hawkeye, September 19, 2009, 01:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: surhotchaperchlorome on May 18, 2011, 02:17:31 PM
[yt]JrMOAbWcpKQ[/yt]

I love it when Stef does videos like this. :)

The reason for this one?  Because it's nice to see some people finally taking on the psychological aspect of statism.

Another good one:  "There is, in fact, only one solution: the state, the government, the laws must not in any way concern themselves with schooling or education. Public funds must not be used for such purposes. The rearing and instruction of youth must be left entirely to parents and to private associations and institutions."

— Ludwig von Mises, in Liberalism
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

And the mouse-over text: "Not to be confused with 'making money selling this stuff to OTHER people who think it works', which corporate accountants and actuaries have zero problems with."
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"

The top rated comments (as of this posting) on this video.

"@S0chan I think the non-aggression principle is a great argument. It's contradictory to be opposed to the initiation of violence (outside threats) while at the same time being in favour of the initiation of violence (government)." --Gu3rr1lla

"Anarchy is not a radical view. The notion that government will fix your problems is the radical view. The notion that immoral men or women will not desire political office to attain power is insane" --kroovyandcal

Jacob Spinney initiates epic win once again:  [yt]R1LLn4eQjpQ[/yt]

http://mises.org/daily/5300
The entire article.

Even just the first line, her proposed tombstone epitaph: "I Lived. I Died. Now Mind Your Own Business."

(Not as awesome as Harry Browne's, though.)

Quote from: MrBogosity on May 28, 2011, 08:10:42 AM
Even just the first line, her proposed tombstone epitaph: "I Lived. I Died. Now Mind Your Own Business."

(Not as awesome as Harry Browne's, though.)

What's Harry Browne's?

Quote from: surhotchaperchlorome on May 28, 2011, 11:29:15 AM
What's Harry Browne's?

"I didn't do everything I wanted to do, I didn't become everything I wanted to be. But because I aimed for the stars, I reached the top of the world."

I thought I'd made that a Fav Quote awhile ago.

Quote from: MrBogosity on May 28, 2011, 11:42:48 AM"I didn't do everything I wanted to do, I didn't become everything I wanted to be. But because I aimed for the stars, I reached the top of the world."
That's win. :)

Quote from: MrBogosity on May 28, 2011, 11:42:48 AMI thought I'd made that a Fav Quote awhile ago.
Maybe, but when the thread reaches over 63 pages long of posts, it's really anyone's guess at this point.

Stefan Molyneux definitely has his moments:

[yt]wC0DnQBAtko[/yt]

[yt]wylXssulQIQ[/yt]

[yt]Q2BfqDUPL1I[/yt]

[yt]x2_iu0qH0fY[/yt]

"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his job depends on not understanding it." --Upton Sinclair

[Note: I'm hardly a fan of this guy, but when you've got a good one, you've got a good one]

An oldie but a goodie:

[yt-43]VVp8UGjECt4[/yt-43]