Fav quotes

Started by Lord T Hawkeye, September 19, 2009, 01:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
[yt]YWFbjBwEGfM[/yt]

As stated in Fail Quotes, the above video is win.
I think Tim Slagle is very underrated.
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

I dunno. I mean I agree that Al Gore should be gored for his idiocy. But it's not really science's fault that media likes to take a scientist's statment, pick out a part and come up with big ass scary headlines from it and omiting all the rest he said.. Or is it?

Quote from: Gumba Masta on December 31, 2010, 12:40:37 PMI mean I agree that Al Gore should be gored for his idiocy. But it's not really science's fault that media likes to take a scientist's statement, pick out a part and come up with big ass scary headlines from it and omitting all the rest he said.. Or is it?
Made of win.  Indeed.
You just earned yourself another anti-bogon for that one. :)
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"

Wasn't he in positive numbers only last week? Is this the fastest someone's gotten below -20 on the bogometer?

I'm the ocean. I'm the wind. I'mma friggin force-a-nature. Nobody get's me, baby.

Quote from: MrBogosity on December 31, 2010, 01:23:09 PMWasn't he in positive numbers only last week? Is this the fastest someone's gotten below -20 on the bogometer?
That's correct.  And yes, it is, as far as I know.

Oh, I'm not worrying, I'll find a way to get my bogons back.
And then I'll use my stupidy engine to power a robot army... TO TAKE OVER, THE WORLD!

I don't even want to THINK about what would happen to a bogon-powered engine when it's turned on...I just don't want to be within 20 miles of it!

Quote from: MrBogosity on December 31, 2010, 02:21:49 PM
I don't even want to THINK about what would happen to a bogon-powered engine when it's turned on...I just don't want to be within 20 miles of it!
But what about a cluon powered engine?

"The statist 'intellectuals' that represent themselves as logical, scientifically-minded people really annoy the heck out of me. They'll act perfectly rational until someone tries to make an argument against statism, and then suddenly they start babbling as incoherently as a Creationist, blissfully unaware of how ignorant they sound. When thunderf00t started delving into economic topics, I couldn't take it. I had to unsubscribe. The worst part is he's passing his ignorance on to his subscribers."--787Bisurdaddy, from the comment section of this video:  [yt]TJONtBAGuto[/yt]

January 01, 2011, 07:48:04 PM #685 Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 07:58:12 PM by surhotchaperchlorome
[yt]3lVCtIiMveE[/yt]

There are actually people who think silver's, and possibly gold's, price is going up is because it's in a bubble?
There are people who actually believe that?

How come other metals like neodymium are going up, too? Is there a neodymium bubble as well?

Quote from: surhotchaperchlorome on January 01, 2011, 07:48:04 PM
There are actually people who think silver's, and possibly gold's, price is going up is because it's in a bubble?
There are people who actually believe that?

It's actually wrong at 1:46. You can take out a loan to buy anything.

January 01, 2011, 09:52:36 PM #688 Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 09:57:05 PM by surhotchaperchlorome
Quote from: MrBogosity on January 01, 2011, 09:02:35 PMHow come other metals like neodymium are going up, too? Is there a neodymium bubble as well?
along with gold, platinum and palladium, to name a few.

Quote from: MrBogosity on January 01, 2011, 09:07:10 PMIt's actually wrong at 1:46. You can take out a loan to buy anything.
Glad I wasn't the only one who thought that was a bit weird when he mentioned that.  Also, the use of anecdotes was lacking in rigor, but otherwise, I liked it. :)

Quote from: surhotchaperchlorome on January 01, 2011, 09:52:36 PMalong with gold, platinum and palladium, to name a few.

Yes, but neodymium isn't traded as a precious metal, so it's a great metric for comparison.