Fav quotes

Started by Lord T Hawkeye, September 19, 2009, 01:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: MrBogosity on December 23, 2010, 02:58:16 PMAnyone else remember when Nixon went to China?

No.
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

I do... I just don't remember what it was that he did there... if anything.

It was the fact that he WENT there. Lots of pansy-ass, bedwetting, pinko liberals wanted us to open relations with China. But when the all-American, über-Patriotic, drug-and-Vietnam-war-waging commie-hater Nixon did it, people started coming around and realizing that it might be time to actually listen to some other human beings besides themselves.

Too bad that for china freedom still seems to be just that funny word those foreigners use.

[yt]KzyogKiXhEA[/yt]

Another classic by Stefan. :)
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"

Oh hey, Minecraft refference. Did you get it too?

[yt]dMaK6k4oZ20[/yt]

Another awesome video by DarkMatter2525. :)

Quote from: MrBogosity on December 23, 2010, 04:54:46 PM
It was the fact that he WENT there. Lots of pansy-ass, bedwetting, pinko liberals wanted us to open relations with China. But when the all-American, über-Patriotic, drug-and-Vietnam-war-waging commie-hater Nixon did it, people started coming around and realizing that it might be time to actually listen to some other human beings besides themselves.

Nixon was, in many ways the last liberal President.  He talked like a hard-line war hawk, but this is the guy that ended Vietnam, created the EPA, reaffirmed Affirmative Action, got the ERA through Congress, and reaffirmed many of the Great Society programs.

I always say, Nixon was our last liberal president, Clinton is the last conservative one.

December 25, 2010, 11:49:04 AM #654 Last Edit: December 25, 2010, 12:14:01 PM by surhotchaperchlorome
They were all statist presidents.

[yt]XkVXzQPzMvk[/yt]

I see people everywhere, including liberty lovers like AHPMB, making this error.
In reality, we are not the state.

[yt]o46OUYSw1xg[/yt]

December 25, 2010, 12:19:47 PM #657 Last Edit: December 25, 2010, 12:33:14 PM by surhotchaperchlorome
[yt]kaugxZNUs9g[/yt]

[yt]d5AQ_sDk0dI[/yt]

As I posted on the latter video:

I like RJWeapon's point about the military.  As a friend of mine (Shane) once said, "Duress is NOT consent".
And knowing the statists, especially from the UK, Denmark, etc, they'll just say crap like, "well they listen to the people in MY country; yer just doin' it rong!"
As for the point about the military, if the person signed up for it voluntarily, then they have no sympathy from me.  If they were drafted (under threat of violence) and forced to kill people, can you say I "consented" to it or was responsible for it when I didn't have a say in the matter?
In which case I would fail to see how I would be responsible if I didn't have any damn choice in the first place.
One could argue, "I had a choice; do it or die" but that's just utter crap.
By that "logic" every single anarchist is responsible for war crimes because he "paid" for them via taxes and inflation.

RJWeapon's analogy of an opinion poll is more accurate than many would think.
In essence, that's what voting is--an opinion poll.
Elections in the USA are decided by the Electoral College, not by the voters themselves, even if there is a conflict between the two; the Electoral College trumps the voters.

December 25, 2010, 01:00:11 PM #658 Last Edit: December 25, 2010, 05:00:54 PM by surhotchaperchlorome
In the first episode of Death Note, after Light Yagami tells Ryuk that he wants to use the death note to purge the world of evil people, of criminals and of wrongdoers; that he aims to create a world of people who are kind and hard-working.

In response to this, Ryuk gives what is perhaps the most insightful and most liberty leaning quote in the entire anime:
"If you do that, then the only evil person left would be you."--Ryuk, Death Note: Episode One "Rebirth"

Source (Scroll to 10:00):  [yt]ID42tk0zNT0[/yt]

[yt]b3CJn-_x_SY[/yt]

More epic win by Michael Shanklin. :)